- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara is brought over to the counter to get cleaned up before the two of them can get the syrup out and have their first meal together...

Tara had made a mess of herself with this first meal together, and the meal hadn't even started yet. The loud beeping noise of the microwave timer went off as Tara sat down in Lucy's palm and was lifted by her big friend and carried over towards the counter. In her haste, she'd managed to trip, lose one of her boots, and get large crumbs of brown sugar all over her face. It was embarrassing, to say the least. At least, for her sake, she wasn't doing this out in public. For right now, it was only her and Lucy. It was still embarrassing to be in front of Lucy like this, but it was better than in front of everyone.

Lucy ignored the microwave for the time being, wanting to get Tara cleaned up first. She thought that food might be messy for the sorceress, but she didn't imagine she'd get this messy before she even took a bite of the food. Tara was something else, that's for certain. She had a charm about her, and Lucy was enjoying her company more and more all the time. She could only imagine all of the fun moments, touching moments, and laughs they would share in the future. She had a smile on her face as she reached the counter and looked down at Tara as she reached the sink.

“I'm gonna set you down on the counter while I prepare a little washcloth. Don't you go anywhere this time, okay? As funny as you are to look at right now, I'd prefer that your face not be covered in food, at least until we actually start eating.” Lucy shook her head as she set her hand down on the counter and Tara hopped out, landing and nearly falling over. She had one socked foot and one 'booted' foot, and it was almost hard for her to stand still. As Lucy started running the sink water, she made a suggestion to her. “You know, Tara, if you're having trouble, you might as well take that other boot off. I don't imagine it's easy to walk like that.”

Tara was looking down at her feet and then back up towards Lucy, who was busy running water under a small washcloth, about as tall as she was. As she waited, she figured there'd be no harm in doing as she asked. Plopping her butt down on the counter, she stretched her legs out and began to undo the ties on her boots. Before long, she had the other boot popped off and both her feet were socked. She smiled as she sat there, looking at the boot she'd just pulled off. Looking back up, she saw a her-sized damp cloth being held out in front of her.

Lucy had already wrung out the cloth by the time Tara got her other boot off and had her finger poked against a corner of it, bringing it over towards the little woman's face, holding her other hand under the cloth, ensuring that she didn't dampen the lovely robe Tara was wearing. “Hold still and close your mouth and eyes, Tara. This will only take a second!” Tara quickly nodded and did as Lucy asked, waiting for her to clean her face off. She had thoughts about doing it herself, but Lucy seemed to want to do this. After all, Lucy was the one who told her she shouldn't do everything on their own. They were a team, and teammates share responsibility.

Tara felt a soft, warm surface brushing along her chin, cheeks and lips as Lucy was cleaning her off. She impulsively started to grin as she felt it coming over her. She started to giggle, her chest and shoulders jumping up and down as she felt the finger-driven cloth running across her lips. She pulled back a little, the tickling almost too much for her to handle. She pushed her face forward again, though, knowing that the cleaning wouldn't stop, just because it tickled her. Waiting a good few moments, the feeling shifted from her cheeks up to her nose, and eventually up to her forehead.

“There we go! All done! Your face is as clean as it ever could be!” Upon hearing the words of success from Lucy, Tara opened her eyes and found a mirror right in front of her. She jumped back for a moment, not expecting to see her own reflection right in front of her. Her heart began to race as her hand came up to her chest, her breathing deep and heavy. She looked up at Lucy between breaths, who had a huge grin on her face and was holding her chest, trying not to let out the obvious laughter that she had building up inside her.

Tara shook her head and looked into the mirror again, checking Lucy's job. Just as Lucy said, her face was spotlessly clean. No remnants of the brown sugar was around anywhere. Her hands ran across her soft skin, double-checking until she looked back up towards Lucy and jumped to her feet. “Nice job! Thanks for that!” Lucy was smiling and took a finger to pat Tara on the head in response. “Aw, it was nothing! So, we should go eat. I've still got to fetch the syrup. How would you like to get back to the table? Would you like me to give you a ride, or go over yourself?”

Tara thought about this for a moment and she decided what she wanted to do. Clicking her socked heels together, she began to hover in the air. Lucy, for a moment, thought this meant that she was going back to the table, herself. She turned and began to walk towards the microwave when Tara darted into her neck, sitting herself down on her shoulder. “Where are you going?! I wanna ride with you!” Lucy was surprised and almost wanted to giggle at her again, but held herself back and just nodded. “Alright! We'll just grab the syrup and I'll prepare us for a wonderful breakfast!”

The two walked together as Lucy fetched a warm bottle of syrup from the microwave and began to walk back to the table, getting ready for breakfast, again...