- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara takes the time to look around the kitchen as the two make their way over to start breakfast...

Lucy was walking back to the table. In her hand was a steaming bottle of syrup, her hand carefully holding onto the hand, with a napkin between her fingers and the material of the bottle. On her house, opposite the hand that held the syrup was Tara, hanging her socked feet over the shoulder. She was smiling and relaxing, taking in the ride she was having, instead of constantly using the Arte to move around the room. As much fun as it is to fly around at this size, there was also a big charm to sitting on Lucy's shoulder as she walked around the house. 


Until this ride, she'd never actually taken a good look at this area of the house. They'd been spending so much time on making breakfast, she hadn't looked at the room to be looking at it. She stopped concentrating on breakfast and scanned the room, the sweet aroma of syrup filling up her senses. Her cheeks reddened as the scent entered her system and she spied the wooden cabinets all around the room. There wasn't a whole lot of furniture in the room, since Lucy hadn't unpacked everything yet, but it still looked nice. The walls were pearly white and the floor was hard wood, light brown and matched the cabinets and the table.

Tara was watching the room so much that she never noticed Lucy stopping her movements. She'd seen her little sorceress looking at the room and thought to let her take in the environment for a few moments. She didn't think it was an extraordinarily nice room, especially with the lack of furniture, but there was a sort of twinkling in Tara's eyes. She was obviously really into this place. Reaching over, Lucy set the syrup down on the table and decided to let Tara take in the moment. She grinned as she saw Tara's eyes moving from side to side, taking in every inch of the room, from the gold-trimmed cabinet handles to the wooden table and French Toast that was waiting for them.

She kept her body still as Tara looked around. It wasn't long, however, before she started to think about what was going on. Tara almost seemed like she could look at the room forever. They needed to eat breakfast and get on with their day. Lucy had quite a few ideas of what they needed to do during the day and they couldn't stall one another all day long. Lifting her hand up, she covered up Tara's eyes and face with a couple of her fingers, giggling a little as she started walking towards the table. She made sure her steps were slow, so as to not put too much air pressure on poor Tara.

Tara's arms had almost immediately come up and pushed against the fingers, wanting them to move so she could see. “H-Hey! Lucy! I can't see!” She was using her little arms and it took a good amount of effort from Lucy to hold back those arms. She pushed harder and harder, but she just heard giggling from above her and very little chance of having the fingers moving anytime soon. Tara could feel some wind blowing against her body, so they were probably moving, but she wanted to see. “Come on, Lucy! I can't see! I can't--”

Tara was interrupted by Lucy's voice coming down to her. “Well, if you wanted to see, all you had to do was ask!” Within a few moments, a few more fingers started moving around Tara's body, moving her somewhere. The two other fingers stayed over her eyes as she moved, however. Tara pushed harder, trying to see, but it didn't work at all. She then felt her feet come down on something and the darkness disappeared, her eyes able to see again. Her eyes bolted open and her arms went to the side “Finally, I can see! I can...”

Tara was almost ready to become frustrated at the fact that she had been blinded, but what she had before her made up for the previous scene. She was standing on the table, Lucy's fingers slowly unwrapping. She looked behind her and all around. Behind her was Lucy, sitting on a chair at the table, smiling down at her. In front of her was a large plate, nearly the size of a bed to her, full of doughy French toast. As she was looking, an oozing stream of steaming syrup was being poured, flowing all over it.

As soon as the syrup was finished oozing, nearly dripping off the plate, Lucy picked up a knife and started to slice up the toast, making them into rectangular “sticks”. The syrup had been put on the food, so as a small portion of one end of the sticks was free of that stick substance, enabling a sort of 'handle' to be on the food. Their breakfast was almost ready to be eaten. It would only take a little bit further before they could be eating their first meal together.

Tara wasn't sure what to do. Part of her wanted to leap into that plate of French toast, and part of her wanted to stay there and wait to see what Lucy wanted to do. She watched as Lucy's hand extended, reaching for one of the 'handles' of the food and pulled a piece out. It slowly drifted away from the rest of the foot, leaving a long, gooey trail of syrup between them. Steam piled out from it and soared into the sky. Tara's mouth had opened up and started to water at the sight of all that food. Her arms reached out, as if to grab for it.

Lucy held the food high above Tara, shaking her head to her yet. “Just a second, honey. It's a little hot for such a little mouth.” Bringing the food up to her mouth, she slowly and softly blew her breath onto it, wanting to get it cooled off. As soon as it had gotten ready, she lowered it down, holding the syrup-covered toast in front of Tara's face. “Help yourself, Tara”.