- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara bites into her breakfast and realizes that even tastes are different at this smaller height...

Breakfast was finally underway. They had gone through a lot to get to this point. Even after getting up, having a bath, cuddling for awhile on the couch, and getting dressed, much had happened in the preparation of breakfast. They had arrived at the kitchen, Tara darted off to get some things out, they'd decided to work together on it, they made the batter, Lucy cooked the toast, Tara tripped and got herself messy, Lucy cleaned her up, Tara took some time to look around the room, they sat down, and they finally had everything ready for consumption.

Despite Tara having the Arte on her side to aide her with her life, it was still a struggle to do all of the things at her current height that she should be able to do, without a single problem, at her original height. Using the Arte all the time wore her body out, and many of the things she tried to do both strained her body and strained on Lucy. Tara wanted to help Lucy out with a lot, but Lucy didn't want Tara to do everything. They were a team, and teams have to work together. They have to divide the work, not give it all to the cute, tiny flying sorceress.

For now, though, it was time to eat and enjoy themselves. Tara had a nice, big, flaky piece of French toast right in front of her face, waiting for her little lips and teeth to claim a piece of it. She smiled as she opened wide and put her teeth around a corner of the toast. She bit down, realizing just how different food would be from now on. The toast felt a lot harder than it normally would have. Although French Toast is dipped in batter and damp, she almost had a hard time biting through it to get her share. It wasn't that it was too hard for her, but it was very thick.

Biting through that one corner felt made Tara feel like she was biting through a giant wheel of cheese. It took some effort to break through, all the way, and claim that bite as her own. She impulsively reached up to grab onto the rest of the food to hold onto it, but the dripping syrup that was all over it reminded her of what happened the last time she was around syrup. Not wanting to get completely messy again, she forced her arms down and yanked the bite away from the rest. As she pulled away, she fell backwards, her butt hitting the table.

She held the food in her mouth for a moment as she chewed and looked around the room, blinking. She had not expected to fall, so suddenly, just from getting a little piece of food for breakfast. Before she began to chew up the food, Lucy's face appeared next to hers, with a curious look on her face. Her eyebrow went up and she asked Tara if she was alright. The sorceress blinked at her, looked down at her legs, then back up, nodding her head. “Mmmhm!” she mumbled, her mouth still full of food.

She chewed up her share, letting the taste of the syrup and of the bread, itself, fill up her system. The taste of food was also different. The syrup had an incredibly strong flavor to it. As it drizzled around in her mouth, she thought she was eating fudge. Being so small, the tastes of all of this food were enhanced, dramatically. Syrup tasted extremely rich, like blocks of fudge do. The bite she had in her mouth nearly overwhelmed her at first, but she soon got used to the taste, and started chewing up her bite. It took her a minute or so to finish it, but she finally chewed to the point where she could swallow.

As she swallowed it, she looked up at Lucy and smiled, running her hands across her lips, feeling a small stream of syrup that was running down her face. Lucy was in the process of eating a bite of her own, and she used a free hand to drop a free napkin, down by Tara. The sorceress quickly picked the napkin and began to wipe her face off, holding it like you would a large body-sized beach towel. Once she had cleaned her face up, all of the taste had traveled down, into her stomach and she heard a loud gulp from behind her. Looking back up, she saw Lucy's throat moving, pushing the food down into her own stomach.

“So, how did we do?” asked Lucy, curious as to whether or not Tara was enjoying the food. The girl seemed like she loved french toast, but Lucy wondered if they'd made it well enough for her, or if the taste was any different for Tara, since she was so much smaller than her. Tara, without a moment's hesitation, picked herself up and raised her arms into the air. “It's wonderful, Lucy! It has a really strong taste! I think we did good today!” The girl's arms were waving around, enthusiastically, which made both of them start laughing.

“Well, good! Let's eat up, then. We have lots of plans for the rest of the day,” said Lucy, offering Tara another piece of the french toast she'd been biting off of. Tara tilted her head a little at what Lucy had said as she willingly bit off another piece of the food. She had a lot of plans for the rest of the day? What all did Lucy have in mind? As the two of them ate the rest of their breakfast, sitting near one another, Tara pondered just what Lucy may have had in mind for her. She didn't think that whatever it is would be anything bad, since it was coming from Lucy, but her curiosity was active and she pondered what fun activities she'd be doing with her girlfriend later on that day...