- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Lucy has a bit of hesitation when Tara asks to put the leftover food away, and then takes Tara away, a few questions in her mind...

It hadn't taken the two of them long to finish up breakfast. Tara, of course, couldn't eat that much, given that some of the french toast sticks were longer than she was tall, but she definitely ate her fill, while Lucy munched on the rest. They had shared the same sticks when eating. Tara would take a bite out of hers, and then Lucy would take a giant-sized bite out of it. The two had a very fun breakfast, though Tara had a hard time not getting messy again. With every bite, she got syrup all over her cheeks, causing her to go through the entire napkin she'd been given, easily.

As breakfast finally came to a close, both of them got very full. Tara sat down, on the edge of the table, looking up at Lucy. They both had their hands over their stomachs, completely full. Lucy pulled her shirt up a little, rubbing across it. “I don't think I could eat another bite, Tara. My tummy is so full right now. There's still one stick of food left, though...” Lucy had a look of discontent on her face as she looked down at her exposed stomach, then at Tara, and then towards the plate of food. Tara wished she could say they could eat it all up, right then, but she was quite full, herself.

Tara laid herself on her back as she looked up at Lucy and giggled. “Your tummy does look a little full. We don't have to eat it right now, though! Why don't we go get a little bag and put it in the fridge. We can have it for breakfast tomorrow or a snack later on today, or something! You don't have to eat every last drop of food you make right away, Lucy! If you force that stuff down, you might be spending a bit of the day in the bathroom. You said you had plans for me, right?” Lucy was looking down at the relaxing Tara and she nodded down to her, acknowledging that she did have plans.

“Well, yeah! Of course I have plans for you. We have stuff we have to get together and figure out with you, still. We've got eating and bathing down so far, but we have a bit more that we need to figure out! I just...Mom and I never kept leftovers. What if it's not-so-good when we heart it back up?” Lucy had a sad look on her face as she thought about how she'd never kept leftovers before, and about her mother. It was still no secret that Lucy had lost her mother only the day before, and no one can get over losing a loved one so easily.

Trying to get through this as quickly as she could, Tara jumped up and stretched her arms out, calling out to Lucy as she walked over to the plate. “Well, I'm not your Mom! I'm your girlfriend! Of course it will be good! We made it, didn't we? It was delicious just now, and it will be delicious later! Better to have delicious french toast for later than forcing it down now and getting all sick! I'll go get a baggy to put it in! You go and decide what we'll do next! You've got lots of plans for me, so we might as well maximize our efforts!” Tara was trying to move her way through this scenario as fast as she could, not wanting Lucy to get down about her mother. She had sympathy for her about it, a lot of sympathy, but she also knew they couldn't just dwell on that all day. She didn't want to see Lucy depressed.

Tara had darted off, into an open cabinet door near the stove. Lucy was looking and watching her as she flew into it. She heard a lot of ruffling and moving sounds as the girl was searching through the place, and tried to take in Tara's words, thinking that it would be good. They'd made the food together and, really, there was no reason they couldn't keep it for later. She was right...Tara wasn't her mother. Tara was becoming a lover, to Lucy, and she had to realize that things wouldn't always be exactly as they were when Mom was around. After a few moments, Tara flew out, carrying a small sandwich bag, wrapped around her neck and waving behind her, like some sort of cape.

Lucy smiled and laughed as she saw Tara with the bag. She nodded towards her as she came down and landed back on the table, in front of her. “You're right, Tara. We should definitely keep this for later. You can wait here and I'll throw this into the fridge. Tara returned the nodding gesture and patiently waited at the table as she saw Lucy get up, her blouse folding back down to cover her stomach, and start to put the food away. She walked off, the toast-filled bag in one hand and the plate and silverware in another. She kept her eyes on Lucy the whole time as she saw her piling the dishes in the sink and tossing the bag in the refrigerator.

As she came back, Lucy had a big smile on her face, which made Tara very happy. She considered herself victorious in her efforts to keep Lucy from getting sad and depressed about her mother. Lucy knelt down at the table and brought her shoulders and face right in front of Tara as she returned. “Come on, little lady. Hop on my shoulder and we'll head to out next objective.” Without a moment's hesitation, Tara hopped onto Lucy's shoulder, completely forgetting about the boots she'd left on the table, and got comfy, pushing against her neck.

“So what are we gonna do now, Lucy?” asked Tara, a bit of curiosity in her mind. Lucy smiled as she slowly stood up and walked towards the hallway. “Well, my little Tara, we've already got your bed accommodations, bathing, and eating figured out. I want to go back to the bedroom and just sit down for a nice, little chat with you. There are a few things I'd like to ask of you, pertaining to your abilities.” Tara blinked at her as they walked back, towards the bedroom, not understanding what kind of questions Lucy might have.

Lucy looked forward, trying to hide her face of concern from Tara. She had many questions, one important one being whether or not she could restore her own height...