- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara and Lucy are both excited as she casts the spell to restore her form.  However, things don't seem to go as planned...

Lucy was surprised Tara was willing to perform the spell right there on the bed. As she retracted her legs, crossing them into a sitting position, she carefully watched her little girlfriend as she began to concentrate on what she was doing. The woman almost had a smile on her face as she watched the sorceress, thinking about what it would be like to have a girlfriend who could go back and forth between being normal-sized like her, and doll-sized, like she was right now. The idea of going from taking care of “Dolly Tara” and being wrapped in a normal-sized Tara's arms was quite nice to her.

Tara was taking as much time as she needed to concentrate on this spell. She was confident in her abilities, but the truth was that the last time this spell was cast, something went wrong and it didn't perform itself correctly. She had been trying to shrink only the Antlion was yesterday down to a miniscule size and she'd gotten herself caught in the spell as well. Sure, the Antlion had been moving, which was probably the reason this happened, but there was still a worry in Tara's mind, a worry that something might go wrong again.

There had actually been a decent-sized pause where Tara wasn't chanting at all. She'd spent a good amount of time just cycling through her memory, thinking about the spell, itself, making sure she was going to do it correctly. This didn't take forever, but it did take a fair amount of time. After she'd done this thinking, she opened her eyes and looked to Lucy, who had that same curious look on her face that she'd had before, and when she'd first asked Tara to do a display of her abilities the day before. She nodded towards her, and showed her that it was time. “Okay, Lucy. I'm ready.”

“Do your stuff, Tara!” said Lucy, trying to sound like she was cheering one the little sorceress. She kept her body as still as she could, not wanting to shake the bed, in case it broke Tara's concentration and did something to make the spell work incorrectly. She watched her very carefully, wanting to see every last detail of what she was doing. Seeing Tara using the Arte was one incredible event after another. She was always amazed that so much power and ability could be packed up in a single person's body, let alone a person so little, at the moment.

As before, Tara's eyes shut, her mind beginning to concentrate on what she was doing. This spell would take a lot of energy, just as it did the last time. Everything had to be very precise, if she wanted to do this correctly. Her mind was emptied of the thoughts of the events of the past days and only concentrated on her own body. She envisioned herself fully restored, back to her full, normal stature. While she would love to stay little like this forever, she also wanted a chance to be normal-sized again. As Lucy wanted, she wanted to be able to wrap her arms around Lucy and hug her, being more than just a doll-sized protector.

The room began to become dark as she focused on the thought of her normal-sized form and the air around her was changing. A catalyst began to appear on the bed below her, spanning nearly half the length of the bed, her tiny form at the very center of it. Her lips were moving, chanting words as everything in the room was changing and glowing. The spell was beginning to be cast. Within moments, Tara's body would become engulfed in a bright light as it was restored to it's full height. The catalyst below her began to glow a bright red color that traveled inward, towards her.

Lucy's eyes were completely amazed at the light-show going on right now. The bright catalyst and the lights that were moving towards Tara's body, slowly engulfing her, looked absolutely incredible to her. She had seen a lot of light, when it came to Tara's abilities, but it had mostly been wrapped around her as well in events past. Never had she seen such a wondrous array of lights only around Tara. It made her look like an angel. Her tiny, beautiful little angel, whom was restoring herself for Lucy. She saw a shadow of something above Tara, an outline of her normal-sized form and she began to imagine what her angel will be like, at full height.

The lights completely engulfed Tara and then shone out, filling the room with their bright aura. The light was nearly blinding as Lucy shielded herself with her arm. The brightness lasted several moments before it finally stopped. As it dimmed out, she heard Tara's voice. “When the lights clear, it should be done, Lucy!” Filled with anticipation of this moment, Lucy tried to fight off the bright lights, despite the fact that they were already fading away. She wanted to see her Tara at normal height and jump into her arms the moment she came out of this spell.

The light began to dim, Tara's body feeling nearly strained as it happened. Her eyes were still shut, wanting to wait until the spell was completely finished before she moved and looked at her surroundings. If it had worked, she should be standing on top of Lucy's bed and ready to welcome her now-normal-sized girlfriend into her arms, being able to comfort her without using the Arte, for the first time in this venture. Like Lucy, she was also excited about this venture. Fighting off the strain, she let out a statement, seeing through her eyelids that the light had currently faded. “How do I look, Lucy?”

There was a gasp that rang through the air. Lucy looked at what was before her as the light dimmed, and she wasn't sure what to say to Tara. She bit her lip for a moment, not sure whether she wanted to tell Tara what she saw or not. As the catalyst slowly disappeared, she looked and saw Tara, fine and healthy, but something wasn't right. She reached forward, crawling over towards that section of the bed, wanting to show Tara what had happened. Placing her hand down on Tara's head, she spoke to the still-tiny woman. “Um...Tara? You're still short!”