- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara starts heading off to do some things that Lucy suggested, and gets tired in the process...

While Lucy was off at the store, Tara was at home, mostly wondering when her girlfriend would be returning. She hadn't liked the idea of Lucy going to the store without her. She felt a strange twist in her gut when she'd suggested that she go to the store, by herself, and for Tara to stay at home while she was gone. It wasn't anything like how Lucy had acted towards her before. She was starting to get a little worried that there was something wrong with Lucy. She was starting to feel like this thing that she was hiding from her was bad, after all.

The two of them had never been apart before. Ever since they met, the two of them had been everywhere together, and did everything together. They even went to the bathroom together. If Lucy had to use the toilet, Tara was in there with her, and vice-versa. The idea of doing something without her made her feel a little odd, to be sure. She trusted Lucy, though, and trusted that she wasn't doing anything dishonest with her. Although she was worrying about her, she knew that she needed to trust her. If Lucy said it wasn't bad, then she needed to believe that it wasn't.

It took a good 20 minutes of thinking before Tara finally started to move away from the door. She hovered through the house, thinking about what Lucy had told her that she could do while she was away. She talked about doing this around the house, on her own, like making the bed and making lunch. She had highlighted the fact that she liked doing things, on her own. She hadn't done much on her own this past month, though. Lucy had always expressed that she wanted to help her with things and that she didn't want Tara doing everything on her own, if she didn't have to.

The idea that Lucy wanted her to do a lot on her own made little sense to Tara. Although she didn't mind the idea of doing a lot on her own, she was just curious as to why Lucy would want her doing that, especially on her own. Perhaps she just wanted something for her to do while she was gone at the store, getting whatever she was planning to get? She bit her lip as she thought and slowly hovered through the house, making her way back towards the bedroom. She wasn't sure what all she wanted to do, but she just decided to start with what Lucy had mentioned to her: making the bed.

Coming into the room, she softly set herself down on the nightstand, looking at the bed. She crossed her arms and took a look at what all she would have to do with all of this. There really didn't look like there was a lot of work involved in this. The bedspread was covering most of the bed, and it only had a few wrinkles in it. The two pillows were hanging off the side of the bed, and there was a small article of clothing, a pair of Lucy's socks on the bed. It looks like she'd gotten one too many pairs of them out that morning. Shrugging her arms, she spoke to herself and started. “Well, I guess I should get started before Lucy gets home.”

She clicked her boots together and flew over to the socks. Each one was about as long as she was tall. She hovered above the two white, cotton socks and put her hands over them, slowly chanting a spell. Before long, the two socks had a slightly red aura and was hovering on either side of her. Looking to both of them and nodding, she grinned and began to hover towards the tall, Lucy-sized dresser, which had it's top drawer still open up. She slowly made her way over until she came to the dresser, where all of Lucy's clothes were at. Still above the drawer, Tara moved her hands around, which made the socks fold onto one another until they fell down into the drawer.

Flying further, she came in front of the drawer handle and shoved her body into it slowly pushing the drawer shut. It took a lot of effort to shut it, only using the flying ability and her own strength to get the drawer shut. Thankfully, Lucy didn't have an enormous collection of socks, so the drawer wasn't much heavier than it had to be. Hovering over to the bed, she held back the little bit of fatigue that she felt at that moment and moved over, towards the sheets and comforter on the bed. She was starting to do a bit of work to clean up the room, as Lucy had suggested. Looking back, the dresser did look a little nicer, being shut and everything.

With a little more effort, she made it over to the corner of the comforter and pulled her hands down to it. Taking a close look at the location of the wrinkles, she pushed herself away from the bed, using her abilities to fly backwards. She was still using a lot of effort and could see the wrinkles slowly disappearing. Before long, the fatigue was running a little higher and she flew to the other corner, doing the same thing. She was trying to grin as she saw her work coming to fruition. Turning her attention to the pillows, she used her abilities, completely, and moved her hands, moving the two pillows into place.

Finally stopping her abilities, she came down to the ground, setting down on the pillow. She sat down on the big, white, fluffy goodness and took a look at the bed. It looked straight and without a single wrinkle in it. Smiling at her work, she leaned over and rested herself on the pillow. “Well...at least that's all done now. Lucy will be happy with this.” Letting out a yawn, she nuzzled her face against the pillow. “Just a little rest, and I'll make some lunch. Yeah...just a teensy....little....res-”

The fatigue had finally caught up with Tara and the feeling of that soft pillow had knocked her out, her eyes slowly shutting into a nap...