- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Waking up, Tara heads towards the kitchen to start on lunch...

The world of darkness disappeared from Tara's mind as she began to wake up from the nap she'd impulsively fallen asleep for. Her eyes slowly crept open to find herself in the bedroom. Her arms stretched themselves out as she closed her eyes and let out a loud yawn. Her limbs let off small cracking noises, her body needing all of this extra stretching. She let out a small moan and started to speak as her eyes opened, vision a little blurred. Her mind was also a little blurry, given what she start to say. “Mmm...L-Lucy?”

She fell back down against the pillow as she realized and remembered the events of that morning. “Oh...right.” Her arms and legs moved around on the pillow, as if she were in a pile of snow, making a snow angel. She remembered, all too well, what had happened that day. The closet, the suggestion, and Lucy leaving to go get something from the store. She let out a sigh as she looked at a clock on the other side of the room. It seemed that she hadn't been asleep for that long. It had only been about 40 minutes since Lucy had left earlier.

“Looks like I've got a little more time before my Lucy is going to be home. A shame...I really miss her.” Tara was trying to keep herself optimistic as she picked herself up, waking up further upon the thoughts of missing Lucy. She'd remembered the things Lucy had suggested that she do while she was gone. Although she just wanted to wait for her to get home, she also realized that she should get those things done. After all, what would be better than letting Lucy come home to a nice lunch, made by her little sorceress girl?

Clicking her heels together, she started hovering and headed towards the kitchen. 40 minutes had already passed, so there was no telling how long it would be before Lucy arrived back home. The last thing she wanted to do was to do disappoint her big girlfriend. She would have a wonderful, little lunch ready for her girlfriend when she arrived at home. It was the least she could do, and she knew it would help her deal with missing Lucy. As she came into the kitchen, she vocally continued her thoughts. “Besides, she promised me snuggling. This morning hasn't been the greatest, but tonight will be!”

It had taken all the time it took to get from one side of the kitchen to the shelves that held the food for Tara to figure out what she was going to make for Lucy. Hovering down to the lowest shelf, she put her hands against the top and pulled away, slowly getting the drawer open. After it was open, she jumped up and down inside, messing around with some plastic down there. There was a lot of rustling noises until she came back out, hovering up with four slices of bread hovering as well, slowly following behind her. Within a moment, she and the four slices of bread had gone to the table, setting themselves down.

The start of her lunch was ready.. She was going to cook something, but she figured that she might not have had a lot of time to make something. Lucy said she wouldn't be gone that terribly long and she wanted to make sure she had the lunch ready before Lucy had arrived. Darting off, she went to her main task, opening up the refrigerator. Positioning herself well, she put her hands and arms around the handle on the fridge. With all of the strength in her body, she launched herself back, closing her eyes, realizing that she would have to tap into the Arte to get it open, just as it had that first day they were together.

She pulled back as hard as she could. “Come on, just a little more. Just a little more!” She remembered Lucy's original encouragement from a month before and it helped Tara concentrate on what she had to do. The door began to budge as Lucy was in her mind. She gave her love, but she also encouraged her to continue on and be able to do all of this. Within moments, the door budged and, just like every time, the force had launched Tara's body backwards. She yelped as she launched herself back, too fast to stop herself.

Ever since that first incident had occurred, though, they had prepared some safety measures for her. When it had happened the second time, Lucy suggested that she open the fridge from then on, but Tara had another idea. As she flew back, her body hit a pillow that was propped up on the wall. She grunted as she felt the soft material against her body. Grabbing onto the pillow, she clicked her heels together again, reinstating the flight spell. Shaking her head, she got a goofy smile on her face and giggled. “That never gets old.”

Speeding back over to the fridge, she went in and fiddled with a couple drawers inside. She knew exactly what she was looking for. It wouldn't be making an incredibly wonderful lunch, but it would definitely be better than nothing. A few moments later, she came back out, shivering and followed by a few slices of food. As she came back to the table, she waved her hands around, setting down some deli ham onto the bread, followed by a slice of cheese, and more ham, followed by the top slice of bread. The sandwiches were being made, and that would need to be good enough for Lucy as some sort of lunch.

Tara went back over to the refrigerator to shut the door as she heard a loud, beeping noise, the 'alarm' on the fridge sounding. As she got over there and got the door shut, she heard another door opening up. Her head whipped around and got a huge smile on her face as she heard big footsteps. “Tara? Tara, I'm home!” Lucy was standing in the doorway, no bags in her hands at all. Tara saw her and immediately lunched herself at her at a frightening speed. “LUCY!!!!” she yelled, flinging her body into her girlfriend's cheek. She was smiling widely as she hugged against Lucy's cheek, closing her eyes and latching onto her. “Welcome home, honey.”