- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Tara and Lucy sit down to eat breakfast as they are finally reunited at home again...

Lucy had arrived at the house with a little time to spare, it seemed. As her fast=paced walking came to a slow and she approached the house, she had to take a short break. She was sure that she'd be overly excited to see Tara after having been gone at the store, but rushing home had taken a good bit of energy and breath away from her. He chest was rising and falling in a deep fashion, as if she were just exercising and had gotten a workout. She decided that the best course of action, for the moment, was to just stay outside and recover from that.

She softly set down the bags of supplies she'd gotten from the store and stood to the side of the door for a moment. Putting her palm over her forehead, she steadied her body and planned to regain as much strength as she could, though you can't really 'rush' this sort of thing. Energy comes back in time, and there's not really much you can do to force that energy back any quicker. After pulling her hand down, she walked over towards window near the door and took a look inside, seeing something moving around in the kitchen. Her fatigued, frowning face started to change into a smile as she'd seen who it was.

Tara had been flying around the kitchen, making them lunch. Lucy made sure she stayed close to the corner of the window, so she wouldn't spot her early on as she watched her. On the table were sandwiched being prepared, which made Lucy smile a little. The girl had done what she suggested of her, and hadn't done anything extravagant or, most importantly, nothing that required the stove or anything that could have ended up badly. She carefully watched her as she pieced together the sandwiches. They weren't much, but Lucy was sure they would be wonderful, given who was making them.

It wasn't long before Tara had pieced together the sandwiches and Lucy had decided that it was about time to head inside. She looked down at the bags that were against the wall, by the door, and decided that it would be best to just leave them out here. “I might as well leave that out here. I'll be too excited to see her to want to sneak past her and get all of that stuff put away. I can do that later.” A smile was on her face, her breathing back to a normal pace, and she slowly put her hand on the doorknob, turning it and opening it up, revealing the kitchen, where Tara was finishing up the work from making their lunches.

Lucy looked around, as if she didn't already know exactly where Tara was at, calling for her. “Tara? Tara, I'm home!” As much as she'd enjoyed watching her little darling making lunch, from outside, she didn't want her to know that she'd waited before coming in. She'd really missed Tara on her way home, and she imagined that Tara may have missed her as well. No reason to say that she kept herself outside and away from her longer than necessary. That proved to be a smart decision, as well. As soon as she'd spoken, a loud screaming came from the right.

Before long, a tiny Tara had launched itself into Lucy's cheek. Her hands immediately flew up to be able to catch the girl and not have either of them lose their balance and fall. She had come with so much force that Lucy actually stumbled backwards a few steps. The little Tara had looked up at her, welcoming her home. Running her fingers along Tara's back, Lucy smiled to her and slowly moved her away from her cheek and in front of her lips. Her cheeks reddened upon seeing that cute, little lover of hers in that little red robe.

She brought Tara closer, enveloping her entire face in her lips as she gave her a quick kiss. “Thanks a bunch, Tara. I missed you!” Leaning back in to return the kiss, Tara blushed and smiled back to her. “I missed you, too! I...” Tara thought for a moment, about what she wanted to say. She had missed Lucy terribly, but she wasn't sure she wanted Lucy to know that. It might make her feel bad or guilty that she'd gone to the store and left her there, by herself. Quickly shuffling through thoughts and ideas, she continued the statement in another way. “...did all the things you asked me to! The bed's perfect and our lunch is right over there, ready to go!”

Lucy was really glad to see Tara. She could have cared less about lunch and the bed being made, at this point. All that mattered to her, deep down, was that she was home, and that she wasn't planning on leaving Tara again. The feelings she'd felt on the way home weren't desired. Although the reunion was absolutely wonderful, the time before that weren't so much. Kissing Tara again, she smiled and walked the two of them over to the table. Sitting down in her chair, she sat Tara down on her shoulder and reached for the sandwiches. Looking back, she made a suggestion to Tara. “Hey, why don't you let my shoulder be your chair for this meal? I want the cook who made this amazing lunch close by, okay?”

Tara was more than willing to stay close to her. Giving her a little hug on the neck, Tara scooted closer to her and agreed. “Of course, Lucy! You know that you're my favorite place to sit or lay or whatever!” The two smiled towards one another again as they both got their meals. Although they both, deep down, wanted to just skip straight to that snuggling of their, they knew that they couldn't just rush into that right now. For now, they would just get their food and eat. Lucy got hers with her hands and Tara's with the Arte, after Lucy had made a few small tears, to make it easier for her to eat. Then, the couple sat down for a nice lunch, happy to be together, once again...