- Text Size +

That Sunday morning had everything a Sunday morning requires to compel people to laziness and contemplation: warmth, birds singing past 8th, sunshine bath piercing windows and even quiet children from the neighborhood. Summer had passed at an astonishing pace as usual and before long it was that dreaded time of the year where words like math, rules and homework come back in the vernacular language of students and youngsters alike. Adele was no exception to the process and was slowly digesting the idea of going back into a world she abhorred much although some people adored it and with good reasons she was forced to admit.


At nineteen years old and about to turn twenty in a month or so, she was a very charming girl. Standing at five feet seven inches, her skin was naturally slightly tanned just to match her deep green eyes in dark tone. Wasp-waisted, shaped with elegant proportions, her body was an enticing sight for the male variety in a mostly cute manner. Timidly curved calves ascended into firm yet feminine thighs. A flat belly (and that was without workout) prolonged itself into soft breasts of modest yet decent size, in harmony with the rest of her body. Her raven-coloured hair now reached the middle of her nape and her slender tuft had grown during summer so that it now enlaced her eyelashes beautifully, adding that little twist of magic whenever she blinked her eyes.


She was wearing a pink dressing gown with koala and jungle patterns which candidly exposed the shadow of her legs to the ambient air. At breast height the piece of cloth was slightly unlaced for comfort purposes. It nevertheless revealed enough of her top to set sails of imagination. She walked barefoot in the kitchen, heading to the fridge. The ceramic floor was warm due to the constant sunshine irradiating its surface and it felt good on her soles. Having just woken up, Adele yawned softly. She still felt drowsy after such a good night of sleep, one of those in which the body is constantly kept at the perfect temperature under the covers.


She forgot to put her hand in front of her mouth as she expelled warm air from her lungs. There was no need for such courtesy however as she was alone in that house, as usual. Her father was oversleeping as usual, ears shut tight by large, ridiculous earmuffs meant to preserve him from the sounds made by his daughter. The young girl sighed at that thought. No, it definitely was too beautiful a day to ruin it with cogitations of sorrow.


Opening the fridge, she smiled as she made out the hot chocolate powder lying on the counter next to the fridge among piles of paper and magazines. That would do, especially since she was so fond of that kind of beverage. Adele hummed a song from childhood as she prepared the mixture. Satisfied with its darkish colour, she merrily headed to her bedroom. She put the cup on her desk and opened the television to watch an episode of Dexter before breakfast, when she heard the door bell ringing.


Annoyed, she tossed away the tv controller which landed on her bed with a muffled sound and headed to the door with short impatient strides. At the door stood a little girl by the age of five with eyes filled with trembling tears. Adele crossed her arms, leaned on her elbows against the door’s edge and let out an impatient sigh.


- What it is this time, Olivia?


-Patterson fled...


-Oh...that stupid cat again. It happened twice this week already, can’t he just stay in your house?


The face of the little girl filled with waterfalls of tears.


- Patterson is not stupid...


-Oh alright...alright, excuse me. I’m a little unnerved these days. I’ll help you.


She smiled as sincerely as she could and the little girl took her hand with her tiny own, leading her on the trail of the vanished cat.


-Wait, I obviously need to change clothes first don’t you think?


The little girl nodded slowly. Adele rushed into her bedroom, removed her dressing gown and tossed it on the ground near the desk, nearly hitting her cup of hot chocolate and spilling its contents on the ground. She opened the drawer and took a pair of jeans and an old sweater of blue colour with a Pikachu on it. She adjusted everything over her bra and underwear, put her dark blue thongs in her feet and went outside to look for that missing cat.


It turned out Patterson had simply decided to retire himself into the depths of the family’s outside garbage can. It had still taken half an hour to achieve the rescue of the feline. After much hugs and kisses Adele went back home and flipped her sandals in the air in her enthusiasm.


At first glance something seemed awkward. She didn’t remember having left the window on the top of her bed opened, even this scarcely. A warm gust of wind enveloped her. It felt good nevertheless. She shrugged with indifference and approached her desk.


“Damn...I nearly forgot that chocolate...it will be chilled by now!”


She seized the cup, pursed her lips and blew some air on the liquid to attest of its temperature. It was indeed cold. Adele brought it to her lips and began chugging the contents down gulp after gulp, barely savouring the mixture used to it as she was. With her other free hand she grabbed the controller and opened the tv. As the image formed on the screen, she faintly felt a little something that collided against her upper lip and lingered there for half a second, squirming and tickling her sensible skin.


Before she could retaliate, the small thing was already gone down her throat with the next mighty gulp she had already set in motion. Grossed out to no end at the thought of it being a bug, Adele immediately felt nauseous. Then, as it passed near her collar bone level, a violent irritation in her throat took her, causing her to choke abruptly. At the same time, a sharp pain not unlike that caused by a needle pierced the soft skin of her right foot. She looked down choking and with stupor perceived a tiny tangle of vines and thorns on her carpet as well as a minuscule figure amidst the vegetation. This human-like shape shocked her mind as she realized it had to be one of those tiny people from the forest...


A few hours ago...


-Sir Percival Starke and Lady Jasmine Starke, the assembly acknowledges your presence. Please take a seat, noble friends.


An old man had pronounced those welcoming words. An aura of maturity and wisdom transcended his hairless forehead. A long white beard took root at his chin and would thrust its pale strings in the air whenever the man spoke with his soothing voice.


His two interlocutors were dressed in a very eccentric manner that contrasted heavily with the grey togas of the village’s elders that were gathered today to form the executive assembly. The man wore a bright green tunic with a jester’s hat of dark green tone. His pants were as black as fresh garden earth and his shoes were thin and long. The lady on her part wore a fine robe made of thin leaves that descended to her ankles. A necklace with a tree symbol adorned her neck.


-The motive of you both being summoned here is grim and should by no means escape the walls of this place. For the last three weeks there has been a vile creature abducting our people that went missing forever afterwards. We have good reasons to believe that...


- Three weeks and nothing has been done yet!? said the man known as Percival. My my my...we don’t have the authorities we used to have during the times of...


-My brother means that you have our word our mission will be well kept under the seal of secrecy and silence, elder Cairn.


Jasmine hit her brother with her elbow from underneath the table. A faint grunt was heard coming from the outraged young man.


-We are well aware of the impetuous personality of your brother, Lady Jasmine, and that might prove a valuable asset in this task you need to perform.


-What is it that you require of us?


-Just point us where to strike at, already! I won’t stand here doing nothing while the Sylvanus people suffer helplessly!


-Lady Jasmine, herbalist master, potion brewer and singer without pair, Sir Percival, grandmaster swordsman and cheeky with no equal, both accomplished acrobats, you are asked to hunt down the beast and bring it back to this village where it will be judged and cleansed of all evil.


-And what kind of beast shall taste the point of my sword?


-According to the information gathered by our scouts, it is a young human female by the name of Adele. The two of you studied human culture is that so?


-Yes, they said at unison.


-Well I certainly did, but I’m not sure my brother passed successfully throughout...


-Non-sense! My knowledge of the human race is just as refined as my swordplay...


-Sometimes I think you should actually STICK to swordplay...


-Enough, noble friends. Focus will be required of you. Disturbances such as this may only lead to failure. As I said, you must track the beast and set an ambush in its shelter.


-If I may ask, said Jasmine, what crimes did this Adele actually commit towards our people?


-She abducted a young scout by the name of Nathaniel and the most distinguished ambassador Ludwig Von Osburg for obscure reasons. We lost trace of them and if you want to hear my thoughts on this I’d say this looks very ominous.


The brother and sister tried in vain to disguise a prompt urge to laugh upon hearing the name of the ambassador.


-Would you please consider this seriously? This is no proper time to judge of the ambassador’s abilities and skills. Crimes have been perpetrated! I have no doubt in your own skills for the task. Do you accept the risks of it?


-Alright. Percy and I will bring this Adele here so that light might be shed on this matter. We will depart soon after gathering some material.


-Excellent, said Percy. This beast loves to prey on the weak. Let us see how she fares against the Sylvanus elite...


And so brother and sister ventured outside the village towards Adele’s house, confident in the impending struggle that was about to take place there. At last they arrived in sight of the house and made a halt below Adele’s bedroom window.


-This must be her nest.


-Percy...humans don’t live in nests. They live in houses.


-Whatever.


-Now we must find a way to enter this place without being seen...


-Direct assault I say!


-No, young brother. This is unwise since we have no idea of what lies ahead.


-Non-sense sister! This will be a walk in the park if what I learned about humans is true. They are slow to react and have trouble seeing us.


-Can we be so sure, brother?


-Yes! Follow me if you can, lest I take all the glory for myself! Stay here then, I will open that for you from inside!


Then, without fear, Percy began running towards the door in front of the house.


-Oh, Percy...Percy... What dangers are you running into this time?


The tumultuous boy crawled underneath the door, being only half an inch tall. He ventured into the hall and witnessed all the marvels of human technology which seemed completely awkward to him. Mysterious boxes that produce light with weird buttons and apparently silver-made plates and utensils caught his attention for a moment. He had however no time to linger about and headed for Adele’s bedroom. This was at the same time the girl was looking for her neighbor’s cat. With great agility and a few acrobatics, Percy climbed the bed and reached the window. He looked down and saw his sister with a very relieved look on her face.


With his pragmatic spirit, Percy quickly found out how the mechanism worked. He pulled the handle as strong as his tiny self could (and he was indeed a very mighty one among the Sylvanus people). Eventually, the window opened and he threw a part of the Oak Rope down. Jasmine caught it and gracefully climbed against the wall until she was once again with her brother.


-Percy...don’t ever charge blindly again. You have no idea of the dangers humans can represent for people small such as us.


-We are not small... humans are those being fat, that’s all...


-You know what I meant. Now enough of this. We have an ambush to set! Listen, here’s the plan...


After a few minutes of explanations, they both hoisted themselves on the desk in order to get altitude for a good first strike. Curious as ever, Percy noticed the huge cup of hot chocolate and climbed it using the rope.


-Percy, leave that alone will you?


-This pond of murky waters must be where she nurtures her eggs...


-What are you talking about...humans don’t lay eggs!


Jasmine climbed the cup as well.


-This looks to me like a potion or something. It may be unsafe to linger around it like this.


-Not at all! If anything, this will make a perfect spot for our ambush. I shall venture into this murky pond and wait there to strike with lightning speed.


-Have it your way then, but don’t tell me I wasn’t right when something bad occurs.


-Yeah yeah...now how about you take position as well? Percy said as he plunged into the cup.


Jasmine, unsure of that decision, remained behind the cup in order to evaluate the situation. Luckily, the cup was filled to the edges, which meant Percy could lift a tiny curious head out of the liquid to inspect the door as well.


Suddenly, the earth beneath them started shaking violently. It seemed to the tiny Sylvans as though the whole desk was going to shatter. The cup vibrated, creating tiny waves of hot chocolate in which Percy had trouble swimming. He ended up tasting some of the mixture and did not dislike it at all. He even took a few sips of it. Then both brother and sister stood still in utter shock at what followed the excited footsteps.


They had felt really small ever since they entered the house and the sole height of the cup had dwarfed them a lot, but no picture, no book nor any essay about humans could have prepared them for what they saw.


The girl was absolutely gigantic. Every one of her movements seemed so slow yet so fast. She was obviously in a hurry as she rushed into the room. A strong wet soap odor emanated from her body, exhaled by powerful gusts of wind that sent Jasmine tumbling around the cup and Percy back into the liquid. Adele flipped her sandals away in the air. One of them passed near the cup and landed with a boom on the other edge of the desk, engendering once again strong tremors that threatened the balance of the tiny people.


-Woah! She’s HUGE !


-No...she’s colossal...


The giant girl had a quizzical look on her face, staring at the window.


-Oh, we should have closed that, noticed Jasmine.


-Too late...


Then, with surreal haste, the giantess closed the distance between the bed and the cup. The sight was so imposing that even brave Percy could do nothing but sink into the liquid out of fear. They were both paralyzed and felt overwhelmed by such a strong being that was merely going by trivial gestures.


Percy felt himself and the cup being lifted up in the air. The acceleration caused him some nausea for it was insanely strong. From the outside, Jasmine knew with certainty what was about to happen. There was absolutely nothing she could have done to prevent the giant fingers from wrapping around the cup and raising its thousands of tons in the air that easily. Desperate, she jumped off the desk and landed on the ground with some elaborated and flawlessly executed cavorting. Not wasting any second, she rummaged in her bad and found what she was looking for.


Shivering with fear and because of the cold mixture, Percy found the courage to emerge his head and take a look at his surroundings. He instantly regretted that move. First he realised he was headed in the wrong direction when he felt a gush of liquid around him and a flow of very warm mint-scenting air. He slowly rotated his head. His heart almost stopped beating. His own face was at only a few meters from the giant girl’s own gigantic visage. Gorgeous green eyes not so different from the colour of his own tunic were riveted on some point near him. She obviously hadn’t seen him or simply didn’t care. A pair of huge wet lips was pursed into a hole that could swallow at least three people of his size. That was the source of that heavenly breath that whispered invitations and delights to his tiny trembling ears.


He only realised the gravity of the situation when the humongous lips actually parted with wet anticipation. Anticipation for him. The parting revealed what had to lie behind: a gigantic red carpet idly extended outside a very slimy cave. Strands of saliva glistened and fell on the tongue off the roof of her mouth. Far behind was her uvula that pointed the way of his impending doom. Poor Percy was too stunned to shriek and it was happening way too fast for him to react in any way whatsoever. He truly felt like a bug about to be eaten by some animal in the forest. His beloved forest...How he was going to miss it. A sudden rush of the liquid pushed him forwards as gravity slowly shifted. He definitely hadn’t the strength to face such external conditions. This huge world wasn’t his: he was only an insignificant speck to that human.


Tears rolled on his cheeks as he felt his frail body collide with her titanic upper lip. He tried to squirm as best as he could, merely some survival instinct trying to take over. Her flesh was so soft. So was the slim surface of her tongue when he surfed on it. It was hard to believe such beautiful devices held such a cruel purpose in life. He barely had time to notice how her teeth were white as the snow when he already hit the extremity of her mouth. A tremendous swallowing sound pervaded everything everywhere in his mind. That was the sounding of the death knell. And then that was it. The wet flesh of her throat embraced him and he slid. He felt himself propelled down into the depths of this beautiful human female body, his strengths all snuffed out of his tiny body by fear.


-NOOOOOOOOOO!!! PERCY!!!!! shrieked a feeble voice from the ground.

 
-No...Not like...not like this...it can’t be...


Jasmine felt an overwhelming sadness seizing her heart with its cold tentacles. Tears rolled on her cheeks and quickly a boiling rage took form inside her. There was still hope. She could still put the human girl to sleep and then...then...rescue him from her belly...explore it herself until she finds him. Yes, it was not over. She had to believe it.


She stood next to the girl’s right foot. Her smallest toe was actually higher than her head was. She had however no time to waste in contemplation. Jasmine took the powder out of a sack and quickly dropped it around her, next to the girl’s appendage. From the void long thorns, vines and roses emerged and raised vertically all around. She then hit the girl’s smallest toe with all her might in order to instill some kind of reaction. Whether she felt it or she just happened to move at that time (the reality was that Adele was at that precise moment grossed at the idea of having ingested a bug and started to stamp on her feet), it worked perfectly and the backside of her big toe hit the sharp vegetation. Jasmine realised how near she had passed to be obliterated by the sole of that huge foot and rushed elsewhere to think of her next move.


-Ouch! came a powerful yet clear voice from above.


At the same time, tiny Percy had vanished beyond Adele’s collarbone. All hope had equally vanished from his frozen, apathetic mind.


-OUCH!


The sound almost broke his eardrums so powerful it was and his whole body shook as her throat vibrated. Jasmine! She was probably still fighting on the outside. Why hadn’t he thought of that earlier? Why was he paralyzed like that? Wasn’t he the knight Percival, finest swordsman of the whole forest and shores around? He shook his head and quickly regained his senses. There was hope. No way in the world he was going to abandon his sister in that fight. Darkness was enveloping him and mucus gathered around his body. Despite being so small, he was too constricted by her oesophagus to draw his sword. It was pointless to hope then... No...wait... there was that sack of powder her sister had prepared for him to repel a human fifty feet away! Just as he heard and felt the powerful beats of the human girl’s heart, he emptied the contents of the sack all around him, shutting his eyes, nostrils and mouth as tight as he could.


The result was instantaneous. Huge masses of fast moving air rushed behind his feet and propelled him upwards at high speed. Once again, that force of nature was completely over him, but for his own good. He collided with the roof of Adele’s mouth and as he got almost dazzled by the coming light, he got abruptly expelled from her mouth. He landed gracefully on the desk with some elaborated and flawlessly executed cavorting, fully covered with hot chocolate, saliva and mucus, shivering.


Percy wasn’t the only living being stunned in the room. Adele was almost equally shocked by everything that had taken place in so short a time. She leaned closer to the ground to cough and saw a tiny figure running around in some jungle-like vegetation. With quick wits, she realised it had to be one of those tiny people called the Sylvans. Why they were in her bedroom would have been a fascinating question to meditate upon, but this was no time for that.


-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME OR SOMETHING!?


The tiny woman started running faster. Angry, Adele knelt on the ground and advanced like a cat to catch her. She hadn’t noticed however that the frail woman had been spreading powder as she ran. Thick glue took formed on the ground and espoused the shape of Adele’s knee perfectly; she fell head first on the ground, her chin barely missing the tiny woman by a few inches. Her ankle dropped on the thorns and vines, which hurt quite a lot. Jasmine was cornered against the desk and Adele’s looming forehead. She could crawl under it but the giant girl’s hand was small enough to fit as well.


-Here I come!


Percy came to her rescue using the Oak Rope. He enlaced his sister and climbed against the desk under the puzzled look of Adele’s face.


-Woah, there’s another one of you!? You seem to multiply like ants...


-Alright so what’s the plan sister?


-The thorns were venomous and should have put her to sleep...Somehow it didn’t work. Remember the sleeping powder you prepared and dosed? Here, have it. It has to be ingested. You know where to put it...


-You mean I’m going back into her mouth!? Are you crazy girl?


-Going back? The first time was entirely your fault! If you weren’t always so carefree...That was your plan!


A loud voice interrupted their squabbling.


-Hey...I’m there you know...


Both shrieked at unison. Percy rose upwards and Jasmine went on the ground. Quick as a snake, a huge hand seized her and fingers wrapped around her in a mighty grip, not unlike trees falling around someone during an earthquake.


-Hey! Gotcha!


As Adele spoke, she heard a tiny yelp and saw Percy hanging on the rope and heading towards her mouth like some jungle adventurer in the movies.


-Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!


With a start the young girl felt the tiny guy enter her mouth. Percy had to act fast because she was well aware of his identity and her reaction would mean no good for his health. He slid on her tongue with feline agility and tossed the sack of powder as far as he could in her mouth. He barely saw the tiny envelop vanishing into her vast throat, not even important enough to produce a swallowing motion. Adele didn’t feel it either. With anger, she tried to bite the intruder, but he had already escaped with an agile back flip. She caught him in the air with her free hand and applied pressure on his tiny body. Percy smiled to his sister in the other giant hand.


-You tell me when I’m done having to get into her mouth, alright?


-Oh shut up will you...


-So, Adele said, why did both of you attack me? You startled me you know...What should I do with you...


She examined the two Sylvans. Both were of great beauty, long blond hair flowing over their napes and crystal blue eyes piercing the soul with their brightness. She couldn’t help but smile at the boy’s clothing.


-You, woman, what are those powders that produce plants? It’s amazing...It ruined my carpet though...What do you propose to do about it?


-And you, puny little boy...how is it that you are so fond of getting into my mouth? Perhaps you would like getting back in there?


-What!? I am not fond of get...


-Shut up Percy! Jasmine yelled. Girl, there shall be no bravado from you, no heroics and no victory. Only sleep. Only sleep. And once you awaken, you shall be judged for all you’ve done to our people.


-Sleep? I’m not in a mood to sleep you see? You actually succeeded quite a lot in upsetting me, you know? I’m just pondering whether I should...Oh...Well...Right...


And so Adele felt asleep at once. Her massive body hit the ground and her hands opened and released her tiny captives. Both of them rolled on the ground and recovered at unison.


-And now to the matter of transporting her...