- Text Size +

Samuel started to hear the murmuring of voices, most of them from kids, he realized that they were getting to the school's door.
It was all dark and it smelled like a mix of perfume, leather, and make up. He had been thrown among a lot of objects, the typical objects you can find in a woman's purse, so he wasn't very comfortable.

"Grandma!" said Rosie getting out from school. Fanny was waiting for her.
"How was school today my dear?" Fanny started to talk
"Emily was scolded because she didn't take the butterfly" responded Rosie
"Oh, that's so cruel. Maybe she couldn't receive help from her parents as you did, that teacher Kaley sometimes is so harsh, I liked better the one you had last year. Betty"
"me too, I liked betty, I loved betty" said Rosie waving her arms, and added
"and Greg told Kayle that she must be nice to Emily because Emily did everything she could"
"who's Greg?" asked Fanny
"Greg, my classmate the one with red hair"
"really, and how old is he?" asked Fanny
"ohhh.. he's six, like me. all my schoolmates are the same age as me grandma!" said Rosie giggling
"Can I take your purse?" asked Rosie
Fanny knew she was going to say that because she always did, Rosie liked to play like she was a lady taking her grandmother's purse.
So they got to in the car. Rosie was in the back seat, with the purse in her hand.

Samuel just didn't want her daughter to see him like that. Right before Fanny puts him in her purse he had asked her to leave him in his room and not let Rosie see him. Fanny just answered "maybe" and lowered him inside her purse.
Now she was very close to him.
"Mommy took me to school this morning" said Rosie "what happened to daddy?"
"He catched some weird disease, I guess. But he will be fine" answered Fanny
"what kind of disease?" asked Rosie
"no big deal, maybe when you see him you realize what kind of disease he has"
"nooo grandma! that's what doctors do" exclaimed Rosie

After a while, they got home, Rosie still had Fanny's purse in her hand.
"Ok" said Fanny after shutting the door "do you want to see dad?"
"yes" said rosie starting to head to her parents room.
All this time, in her head she had pictured her dad laying in his bed with a thermometer in his mouth

"Oh no no" said Fanny "he's not there"
Then she crouched, left the purse on the ground and opened it.
She said "c'mon, get out please" pointing at the purse with the finger. Rosie looked at the purse, but nothing happened.
The purse was almost at rosie's feet.
"Grandma" exclaimed Rosie grinning "what are you doing?"
But Fanny insisted "Either you get out by yourself or I will take you out, there's no other choice"
Rosie thought her Grandmother was just making some kind of joke she still didn't understand, but as soon as she so something in the purse was moving she took one step back.

Then she saw the tiny figure of her father coming out from the purse, and jumping out to the floor. Just to avoid been grabbed, once more, by his mother in law.
Fanny was on her knees looking at him with a smile on her face.

Rosie's reaction at the sight of her father was a mix of smiling and jaw dropping
"Dad? Is that to you!? what happened to you" said Rosie kneeling down with her hands on the ground to have a closer look at her tiny father.
He was feeling so uncomfortable. He didn't want his daughter to see him like that. He feared she might not take his authority very seriously under this conditions.
She was a very sweet and empathic girl, but still a child. So she continued "Dad, can you speak? How do you feel? you are the size a of a doll!"
"y yes, I feel good, thank you" said the little man. He just wanted to be left alone until Sophie came home. Even though he felt ashamed in front of everybody, Sophie was the only person he wanted to deal with.

"Can I pick him up?" asked Rosie looking at her grandma.
"Of course you can, sweety. Just be careful, your father is now very fragile... and weak, and we can hurt him very easily"
answered Fanny, enjoying so much every word of it.
At the same time, his father also answered the question "No, you can't pick me up, I'm your father so you do as I tell you, just go to your room and do you homework"
"I have very little homework today, daddy, I can do it later" said Rosie starting to wrap her fingers around his tiny body. "Plus, Grandma said I can pick you up"
Even though her hand was quite smaller than that of her grand mother. Rosie still could hold most of his fathers body in her clenched fist.
She was careful enough not to hurt him though, but a little bit more rough than her grand mother, not because she meant to, but because she was just a child.

She stood up with her father in her hand and started to walk to the living room while examining her now doll-sized dad.
There was a computer desktop, she walked towards it and placed her father on it. "Grandma, can we make a call with Brenda? I want to show her my dad" Said Rosie while making an effort to sit on the computers chair and turning it on.

Brenda was Rosie's best friend at school, and Rosie thought it was a good idea to show her dad to her because she found it very fun to have a little person the size of a doll she could play with, so she felt like sharing this with her closest friend.
while MS Windows was still loading Fanny took one chair from the dinning table and put it besides Rosie's chair in front of the computer. Now Samuel was looking for a way the get off the desktop, but it was way too high for him to even think about jumping down, So Fanny and Rosie patiently waited for the computer to finish starting.
Once it was done, Fanny opened a browser and a new video call session, but neither her nor Rosie knew how to send the meeting's link to Brenda, then Fanny asked Samuel how to do it. He did know, but the last thing he wanted was to appear in a computer screen so more people could make fun of his small size, so he just said "I have no idea"
"Oh really, you don't" said funny, placing her hands on the desktop and her chin on her hands, bringing her face very close to Samuel in an intimidating way.
He took a few steps back and stumbled, what made Rosie laugh.

"I have an idea" said Rosie. Call Brenda's mother and ask her if she can start a call with me. She knows how to do it.
"Ok" said Fanny "She picked up her phone and browsed through the lists of parents of Rosie school" Until she found a contact called "Brenda's mom"
"Hi" said she as soon as she heard a femenine voice answer the phone on the other end "I`m Fanny. Grand mother of Rosie. Brenda`s friend"
"Oh, Dianne here, brenda's mother, it`s a pleasure to meet you Fanny" answered Brenda's mother "How can I help you?"
"it` a pleasure for me too Dianne, Rosie wants to make a video call with Brenda, she want to show her something, is she available?"
"yeah sure, she's here watching gravity falls", said Dianne. "Honey, Do you want to make a call with Rosie?" heard Fanny as Brenda's mother ask her daughter
"I'm watching gravity falls right now" sounded Rosie's friend voice on the other end.
"Let me talk to her" Said Rosie
Dianne heard it and immediately handed her phone to Brenda, so did Fanny to Rosie.
"Hey Bren, I want to show you something Can you please start a video call with me?"
"Ok" said Brenda, and hanged the phone immediately.
"mom, start a call with Rosie, please" said the little girl without taking her eyes off the TV.

Dianne started a meeting on her personal laptop and sent a link to Fanny with instructions on how to open it on the computer.
Fanny did it, and then both went inside the meeting with the camera enabled. Fanny and Rosie saw Dianne in front of the computer. She had turned towards Brenda, who was still sitting in front of the TV "Hey Bren, your friend Rosie is here, come say hi"
She then looked at the computer "Sorry, when she's watching gravity falls the rest of the world doesn't exist for her" said Dianne, who was now seeing Rosie and Fanny in the meeting. "It's ok. Look at my dad, he shrunk" said Rosie, then she picked up her father with her thumb and forefinger and put him in front of the computer camera"