- Text Size +

5. Alone at Last.

I may have been asleep but I still had a bit of awareness about me. I struggled against my body's soreness to wake up since I don't know when I'll get another opportunity like this.

" Come on body work." I said to myself. After a great deal of effort I was finally able to open my eyes. Shaking my head around for a moment I managed to get myself re-orientated with the environment I was getting my ass kicked in a little while ago (not to mention nearly eaten).

Slowly sitting up against the pillow behind me, I gave myself a few moments to reflect upon everything that has happened. To think all of these events occurred less than 24 hours ago was equally as perplexing as being shrunk by some random civilian. " I'm gonna need therapy if I get out of this conundrum." I thought to myself, shaking my head.

" What am I doing, I need to take this time to figure something out." I said scuffling out from underneath the bed covers and running over to the far end edge of the bed. My body was still pretty sore but no where near as bad prior to falling asleep. Looking downward to the floor, I took note of how high up I was and my hopes were dashed instantly. " I can't believe she stranded me up here!" I thought out loud. If I were to jump down there's no telling how badly I'd hurt myself or even worse if I were to land badly enough.

Giving it some further thought I could always use the blankets to help me safely descend to the ground. But what good would that do, Maddison knowingly left the door closed so it's not like I could walk out. Even though there was a small open space at the bottom of the door, my meager 6 inch self wouldn't be able to fit underneath it.

" What to do . . ." I slowly said, hoping there must be something I can do. Then again I knew where the shrinking mechanism was and even if I was able to reach the floor, who knows how long it'd take for me to get all the way up the dresser.

Turning myself to the nightstand, I tried to get a look at the clock to see what time it was. Maddison did say she would be back in the afternoon, so if it was still morning perhaps I still had a chance of accomplishing that feat. But as luck would have it, the clock was unplugged. Who was I kidding, it wasn't luck. Maddison made the conscious effort to unplug it in case I did wake up in her absence. Now I have no way of knowing how long I was asleep for. And the last thing I need is Maddison coming in at any moment with me on the ground to potentially get squashed like a bug.

" Dammit." I cursed as I fell flat on my back. No matter how I approached it Maddison had me trumped and the core of all my problems traced back to my size. Sure I didn't want to give up, however my options were scarce and resources limited. Although Maddison is a menace to society she's no idiot, everything so far has been so meticulously planned and she's made no mistakes so far.

In the midst of my pondering I heard a light thumping sound coming from way behind me. My heart immediately began to race, suspecting it to be Maddison. At this size my ears were far more sensitive to noise and noticed it was far too quiet to be Maddison. Focusing in on it, the noise seemed to be coming from behind me.

Standing back up and turning around the sound was coming from the open drawer on Maddison's nightstand. I don't have a clue what it may be, but curiosity got the better of me so I started to gingerly make my way back to the start of her bed to where the nightstand was. For all I know it could be a weapon of mass destruction if it belongs to Maddison.

Peeking in as far as I could from the beg to see if I could get a glimpse of what was making the sound I couldn't see anything.

I don't know what came over me, but I started to back up a bit to gain some distance and took a running leap of faith into the drawer. I felt like I was in some sort of action movie as I fell into the open space of the drawer quite roughly to my displeasure. Thank goodness I didn't miss entirely though.

Lifting myself upwards I started to observe the various contents of the drawer. Nothing too special just your relatively gigantic school supplies for the most part, although the majority of the drawer looked to be empty.

I continued to walk past the supplies further into the drawer until I reached the end of it and then I saw it. . . . . .or should I say her.

Chapter End Notes:

I wonder who this new face is.