- Text Size +

6. Older Friend

My eyes almost flew out of their sockets when I saw another person my size in front of me. I was in a state of pure disbelief. She was sitting down crouched against the drawer wall with her head down so I couldn't see much of her.

" Who are you!?!?" I asked quite shocked at seeing someone else besides Maddison, as I took a step closer.

" The name's Liza." She replied calmly brushing her fairly long black hair out of her face allowing me to see her dark almost black eyes. " You must be the new guy, I had a feeling you'd come here if I kept thumping. I must say though,with all that screaming you were doing before I thought you were a girl." She continued blinking a few times, while raising her eyebrow.

This was quite an unexpected turn of events for me but this was no time for me to be shell-shocked.

" Well hi Liza, I'm Franky. And seeing you here must mean you're in the same predicament I'm in right now." I said. I need to get as much information out of her as I can.

" Nah, I'm just one of her older friends is all." She said uninterested as she tilting her head from side to side.

" I've had enough of these games, all I need is someone to tell me what the hell is up with that damn girl Maddison ! " I shouted, finally blowing my top in a fit of anger.

" Geez, relax little guy." Liza said nonchalantly as she got up and began to walk over to me.

" Little guy? It's not like you're much bigger than m-" I would've finished that statement until Liza was in front of me and I only came up a bit higher than her belly button. Relative to my height, that must set her at about 8 inches tall. It may not seem like a huge difference, but at 6 inches myself, those 2 inches was a lot.

" Wow, it's been sometime since I've actually seen someone this much smaller than me. You were saying?" Liza said smirking down at me, noticing how much smaller I was than her.

" Look, I'm just trying to figure some stuff out, I just got here today and it's been one thing after another." I said calming down and looking way up into her eyes, it just now occurred to me that she was as naked as a newborn child, prompting my blush.

" Is that so?" Liza said staring down at me, and noticing the fact I was blushing, it didn't take long for her to realize why I was blushing. " Oh sorry about that, I guess you can say Maddison is a bit upset with me." Liza chuckled scratching the back of her head.

" In any case lemme clarify things a bit on how Maddison operates." Liza said, as she began to sit down.

" I'm sure Maddison already told you that she comes from a wealthy background, and people tended to be quite intimidated by her. Which in turn lead to her being alienated or even bullied by her peers." Liza began to explain.

" I already knew that. But, Maddison has implied that I'm not the only person she's shrunk and always refers to other people she's shrunk as 'old friends'." I responded, using air quotes when I said old friends.

" You're right. She's shrunken other people before me too. Maddison only keeps us around until we do something that pisses her off or she gets bored with us. After that well I'm not too sure what happens then. I've seen some people come and go, she usually takes them off with her and I never see them again." Liza said eerily, closing her eyes for a moment.

" So you mean she'd seriously kill us!??! I mean yeah she's given me a scare or two in her games, but still!" I exclaimed, to think Maddison may actually murder someone.

" Hmm, well I only said I never see them again, but I guess that's what she does. I wouldn't be so naive either, her so called games are just her cover up for her to amuse herself with us. She just calls it games to make it seem like we actually have a choice. Contrary to everything she does, Maddison has a consciemce. If she walked up to us and harmed us it'd be plain brutality in her mind." Liza explained further and put a hand on top of my head and ruffled my hair.

" Sorry kiddo but you may not have a way out of this fix." She finished.

" Kiddo? Heck, I may be the older one for all you know." I said, after being belittled all day I wanted to get one over Liza somehow.

" Twenty." Liza replied simply.

So much for that. " Eighteen." I mumbled under my breath. " Any how since I found you, how long have you been here and are there more people are here?" I asked so far Liza has been a gold mine of information.

" About a month more or less. I'm actually one of the long-lasting ones. I've seen some of Maddison's more angry moments with her ' old friends '. Nonetheless there isn't, she doesn't want too many of us around at once, to prevent a rebellion plot." Liza elaborated.

" I see. Well last two questions. What are you in here for, and why are you so much bigger than me!?" I asked, feeling a bit emasculated right now for being the smallest one again.

" Hahaha you're pretty funny. Just a few escape attempts. Maddison finds it rather amusing since I've never even come close so she keeps me around to see my next stunt. And I dunno, I guess for variety she usually doesn't go beyond 8 inches to keep most things out of reach to us." Liza explained finally letting up on rubbing my head, although it did feel good.

" Gosh, then I guess that's really it. We're gonna wait and bear with her until she gets tired and kills us." I said in a melancholy tone, slumping down.

" Get a grip Frank. All we need is a good plan. You seem to be fairly competent, so with the two of us I'm sure we can get something accomplished." Liza said trying to revive my hope.

" Your guess is as good as mine. She's a smart cookie and hasn't made one misjudgement yet, and seeing how she's been doing this for who knows how long, she's pretty good at what she does. It may more time than we've got for her to finally slip up." I said just imagining how long I could be stuck with Maddison.

" You're right sitting around trying to survive will accomplish nothing, we need to expedite the process somehow until she makes an error we can take advantage of." Liza said crossing her arms to think.

" Like what? Make her fall in l- .no that's just crazy." I began to say but quickly rejected the idea.

" Could what?" Liza said interested in what I had in mind.

" What if. . .I tried to get her to fall in love with me" I said shyly only to get Liza laughing at me.

" Ha! That's rich Franky what would that possibly do!?" Liza said wiping a tear of laughter from her eye.

" Think about it! A girl like her in love would disrupt her thinking and judgement greatly. Nothing does that better than blind love." I explained trying to redeem myself.

" Hm, you know you could be onto something. It has a chance to actually work" Liza said after giving it some further thought.

" Wait! It's only an idea, I don't even know how to pull it off anyway." I added quickly, the thought of trying to get someone to fall for me seemed weird.

What surprised me next Liza lifted me up and kissed me on the face, with her being so much bigger her kiss covered most of it, leaving me beyond embarrassed.

" You're a genius Frank, it's a great idea. I'm sure you can do it, after all she's already socially ignorant, who knows what she'll believe." Liza whispered in my ear.

" . . .I . . guess. . maybe." I stammered, Liza sure made an erotic point.

Before I could say anything else, me and Liza both heard the door knob turn then open and we heard Maddison's voice. " I'm home!"

" Uh oh she's back." Liza said setting me back on the ground.

" What should I say!?" I panicked needing some advice on how to approach our plan.

" Just wing it. I believe in you Franky." Liza said in an almost seductive tone, winking at me. " I'm still in trouble so she'll probably leave me in here a little while longer. Good luck."

So here I was taken advantage of by another gorgeous girl who was significantly bigger than me. I don't know if I could trust Liza, if I can pull off this fake love act, but I did know one thing. I was certainly playing with fire.

Chapter End Notes:

I wonder how far Liza can really influence Franky's decision making.