- Text Size +

7. Testing The Waters

I could hear Maddison's footsteps as she came up stairs and neared closer. I don't know how I'm going to try the plan, but I guess I'll have to improvise. After a few more seconds Maddison reached the door and opened. My mind began racing with thoughts since it occurred to me that I probably shouldn't be in here and I may get in trouble if Maddison was to have difficulty finding me.

" Franky dear, I'm home." Maddison said cheerfully walking into her room and immediately noticed that I wasn't in the bed.

" It seems like someone has done some exploring." Maddison spoke openly knowing I couldn't be too far as I suspect her to be looking for me right now.

" Oh no, what if I'm not supposed to be in here." I asked Liza in a worried tone, I'd hate to end up in the same boat as she's in right now.

What happened next was a complete bell ringer, right when Maddison's huge frame loomed over the dresser Liza lunged in and punched me square across the cheek. Because of our size difference it was almost a knockout highlight reel shot that nearly left me out cold as I skidded across the dresser.

" Gosh! Just sneaking in here like that un-announced ! " Liza screamed seeming very angry with me.

" Lookie here it seems somebody has found another one of my friends." Maddison said in a giddy fashion, and making an oh face with her mouth.

" A little creep he is." Liza said rolling her eyes.

I almost wanted to walk over to Liza, smack her silly, and ask what in the blue hell was wrong with her. But, I stopped on two accounts. One being she would've clobbered me, quite easy I might add given that I come face to stomach with her. Two it was an act, I suppose us acting all buddy buddy would get Maddison suspicious and she would suspect we were plotting against her. So she made it look like I had just hopped in and she was disgusted with me. It was a clever scheme, a painful one for me but clever no less.

" Ugh, sorry I just got curious to what was in here." I said getting up gingerly, holding my bruised cheek.

" My goodness Liza, you never were that great at getting along with others." Maddison said like she was talking to her daughter, covering her mouth to hide her giggle.

" Yeah, yeah whatever." Liza said like she was very annoyed and unamused.

" In any case you're still on punishment for a little while longer for your last escape attempt. I'll bring you supper later, and after that you can come out." Maddison said sternly. Just be returned by Liza sucking her teeth as Maddison plucked me out of the drawer before closing it.

Maddison then held me to her face and began scanning her eyeballs over me. " Are you feeling any better bestie?" Maddison asked, I guess she was concerned for my well-being.

" Minus my throbbing cheek I am feeling better." I responded honestly, still tending to my cheek, my body was still sore but no where near to the degree it was before.

" Aww, does my widdle bestie have a boo-boo?" Maddison said in a teasing baby-talk as she brought me to her lips.

" Mwah, all better." Maddison said kissing me on my sore cheek, and winking at me.

By all means the kiss didn't help a damn bit, it actually only made it ache worse. However, I was still rather embarrassed by Maddison for the umpteenth time, I've got to learn how to repress my blushes given my face was flushed red again.

" What's the matter little Franky? " Maddison cooed as she cupped me into her hands, pressed me onto her stomach, and began walking.

A light bulb went off in my head since this could be the perfect time to try and put the theory to the experiment. Here goes nothing.

" N-nothing. It's just odd being kissed by someone so pretty." I said turning my head away from her stomach, so she couldn't see my face.

Maddison paused for a fraction of a second and then continued back walking. " Oh okay." She said rather plainly.

Well that was pretty useless, I have no way of seeing her facial expressions from down here, and I can't get much insight to how she feels with such a bland response. Maybe we were wrong and Maddison saw through my act.

Maddison walked out of her room and I got my first view of something outside of her room since this morning. It was a nice change of scenery and she lived in a very lovely house, a lot of walls were decorated with nice paintings and there were small tables with expensive looking pottery on them. She truly did have some loaded parents. Meantime Maddison made her way down the stairs of the house and continued to the kitchen,

" Alright it's time for dinner. I already made some spaghetti yesterday so I'm gonna heat it up." Maddison said flatly, as she placed me on the dining room table. She then went into he refrigerator to take out a pot that contained the spaghetti and put it in the oven to re-heat it.

I wondered if she was mad at me, Maddison was usually far more playful. Was it my comment from before? The suspense was driving me crazy, I don't know why but the thought of her being mad at me seemed unbearable. Obviously because she could utterly annihilate me, but I genuinely do care for some reason. I guess I might as well ask.

" Maddison are you upset at me? " I asked straight-forwardly.

Maddison appeared to be spacey until I asked that question. " Heavens no, bestie! " Maddison said like she couldn't believe I would ask that.

" I was just thinking is all. Uh, Franky hun." Maddison asked almost shyly.

" Y-yeah? " I stuttered a bit, never seeing this side of her before.

Maddison began to blush as she started to twiddle her thumbs. " Do you really think I'm pretty?"

Chapter End Notes:

I posted three chapters just to make up that I won't be able to update over the weekend. I have some more pre-written, and I'm trying to avoid out-posting more than I have written so far incase my fountain of ideas run dry or if I lack the time to write. If I do finish pre-writing the story I may type up all the chapters and post it in a mass.