- Text Size +
8. Supper Discussion

Bingo. That question got me everything I needed. I saw the crack of vulnerability in Maddison. So I have to chip away at it as much as possible. Of course as things stand now Maddison would toss me away like trash eventually once she got tired of me, so I'll have to get close to her.

" Yes. . .you're very pretty." I said averting my eyes from her for dramatic effect, making sure to take quick glances at her to see her reaction.

" Oh my. . . .no one has ever really said that to me." Maddison said looking at the ground before opening the oven with a mittin on and taking the pot out.

" I'll be right back." Maddison said after preparing two plates and going upstairs. She must've been going to give Liza her dinner. The only perplexing thing was how did she expect us to eat from such big plates without making a complete mess.

After a few minutes Maddison came back downstairs however she was holding only one plate and it was miniature sized.

" Of course, she must've used that thing to shrink the food and utensils." I said quietly to myself. That could be some helpful information, all I'd need is a way to use it against her somehow.

" I hope I wasn't gone too long." Maddison said as she put down the shrunken plate and silverware down in front of me.

" Please enjoy it." Maddison stated as she pulled out a chair and sat down towering over me, just watching.

" Um, aren't you going to eat?" I asked curiously.

" Oh don't worry about me, I ate before I came home." Maddison responded shaking her head, like she was snapping out of a trance, putting a more forced smile on, she was obviously lost in thought.

I picked up the utensils and slowly began to eat for a little bit. The spagetti tasted very nice, I do wonder if Maddison made it herself. This was a very ripe moment to keep things rolling, but I didn't know how to break the ice. Commenting on her cooking seemed to be too cheesy and it may seem disingenuous if Maddison tells me it was pre-made. If only she would say something I can go off of it.

" You know Franky, it really surprised me when you said that." Maddison said playing with her hair with her hands.

This was the moment I've been waiting for, while eating I've been thinking of some things to say or ask, now it's time to put it to the test.

" I'm sure a lot of people would if you gave them the chance." I said in a very sure tone.

" I guess so, maybe. Franky, the thing is though because of people knowing of my upbringing I've had to try very hard to get people to like me. Even then people either avoided me, thought I was a science freak, or even picked on me." Maddison explained sounding very detached as she remembered her experiences.

" It was like I had no control over anything, having to push so hard for acceptance that was never given to me." She continued.

I had a feeling where she was heading with this, I suspect she was leading up to why she made the device, but I feigned ignorance for her to continue. " What do you mean ? " I asked pretending to be dumbfounded.

" That's when I started to make that device. Everyone felt so out of reach to me, so foreign, like we lived in different planets and I was visiting their world, having to satisfy them for their graces. So then I wondered what would it be like if the roles were reversed, thus I finished making it and started to experiment with it." Maddison said looking up into the air reminiscing.

" As I thought, it was so. . . . . .so. . . . .exhilerating. Having so much power over someone. All of them in the same position I experienced, being somewhere they had no familiarity with, wondering what to do. Them trying so hard to please me, trying to convince me to let them go. It was enchanting, I had to get that feeling more and more, being so much bigger than someone, having their little fates in my hands, holding their very lives in the palms of my hands, having them wrapped around my finger. Instead of me going out of my way trying to satisfy someone else, they had to try to satisfy me, instead of vying for their acceptance, my old friends needed to gain mine for me to keep them, they needed me. " Maddison carried on, putting her hands on her cheeks like she was getting off on this.

As twisted as this all sounded, I can kinda see where she was coming from. It doesn't make her actions excusable by any means, but her reasoning seems a bit more plausible now.

" You keep saying ' old friends', what happened to them? " I asked pretending not to know that I had good reason to suspect her of killing them. I just wanted to hear her admit it herself.

" They just had accidents." Maddison said caustically and stared at me with un-readable eyes. After saying this she put her hands on the table. " I just want things that any normal lady would."

I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, is that a yes or something else? I dunno, but it seemed like I was in a room with a totally different person, hearing Maddison spealk like this actually made me feel sorry for her. I almost wish we didn't have to meet under the circumstances that we did.

" I see." I said getting up and walking over to one of Maddison's huge hands, and opening my arms to give her middle finger a big hug. " You know even if we didn't meet the way we did, I would've gladly been your friend." I said sincerely, even giving her finger a kiss to comfort her. Wait, did I seriously say that? I didn't plan that one at all. When I think about it. . . .did I really mean some of the things I said.

I wanted to ponder about it further, but Maddison had ideas of her own as she was leaning in closer taking my much smaller hand into hers. It was such a warm and soft feeling.

" Thank you Franky." Maddison said with a very sincere and soft voice, that made my heart leap a little as she leaned in to give me a soft, passionate kiss on the lips ( mainly face, but I knew where it was intended for).

As she broke the kiss, both of our faces combined were as red as tomatoes and we looked into each others eyes.

" Come on lets get ready for bath time." Maddison said with a soft smile.
Chapter End Notes:

I sure hope Franky is going soft, perhaps a nice bath could clear his mind.