- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back from the grave! I apologize to all fans of this story for taking forever to update. Please enjoy this installment of HighSchool.
I'm home? How is school over so quickly? Wasn't I just with Tess? What's going on?

"I hate Micheal! I'm going to squish the life out of him!" I hear a familiar voice from the hall say.

"Selena, stop! It's not that big of a deal!" I hear another voice argue.

Selena? Jazzmine? What's wrong? What did I do? I hear thumping footsteps from the hallway get increasingly louder. I'm on the floor, below my house. I need to get off the floor and let Selena blow off some steam. The steps aren't there! Who would move them? The bottoms of the bookcases and dressers have been stuffed with towels as well! What's going on? The thundering steps now only seconds away, I start to panic. Frantically, I run and look for a place to hide, but alas, no luck.

"There he is! You stupid bug!" Selena shouts as she approaches me.

I fall back onto my hind quarters as her towering form casts an enormous shadow of me.

"Selena, that's enough!" Jazzmine says as she runs in front of Selena and spreads herself out, like a human wall.

"Get out of my way." She says, unaffected.

She pushes Jazzmine out of the way, almost across the room. Then, out of the blue, Jack runs out from under the bed, barely making it to me before Selena reaches me. He reaches for me, his arm extended to me, his eyes terrified. I'm frozen with fear, my only reaction is to look back at him. He tugs on my right arm, but I can't do anything. Selena has finally reached us, and her first action is to use her foot to flick Jack away from me.

"You'll go first, bug." Is all she says.

Jacks tumbles away from me, a good couple inches. Selena has no socks or shoes on, her slender white foot bare. Her toenails are painted a scary black. Jack tries to scramble to his feet but Selena lifts her right foot and pins him to the floor. His head is turned to face me, his small face is scrunched up under Selena's sole. Her gigantic foot covers his entire body, and Jack directly in the middle of it. Seeing my little brother in peril shocks me from my trance and I shout at Selena, but to no avail.

"Jack!" I shout.

I try to get up on my feet but my legs have turned to jelly. I've never experienced this kind of fear before. I just lay on the floor pathetically, to cowardous to help my own brother. Selena scoffs at my weak attempt to save Jack, and begins to apply pressure onto Jack. Jack screams and begs for mercy but is cut short as the air is being crushed from his lungs. I begin to see less and less of Jack until he is completely smothered by Selena's foot.

What is happening? Why is Selena doing this!? Finally, she puts all of her weight onto her right foot and almost instantly, her foot falls a little, showing Jack is gone. A deep dark red liquid puddles around her foot as she wiggles her toes in it. She twists her foot as if she's stomping out a cigarette. I look up to Selena and see no expression other than hate and anger. What could Jack and I have possibly done to deserve death?!

I look to where Jazzmine was flung, hoping she could come to my rescue, but she lays on the floor, most likely unconscious.

Selena now focuses her attention on me. She lifts her right foot above and over me. I see the remains of Jack, splayed on her sole like a bucket of red paint on a white canvas. There were only a couple chunks of his body left to display as most of it fell of her foot or was completely smushed to paste. His blood seeped into the wrinkles of her skin, creating a blood map. The foot is placed to my left, and she lifts her left foot over me. At least she has the mercy to not kill me with the same foot she used for Jack. If you call that mercy.

Without another word, she unceremoniously drops her foot on me. Her flesh is soft and warm, and somewhat dirty from walking barefoot. Her heel crushes my legs slowly but surely. I scream and try to squirm my way out, but my only response is a toe wiggle.

"I never wanted you in my life." She says with only disgust in her voice.

She applies more and more pressure onto me until I feel like I'm going to pop. I try to scream, or make any sound but there's no air in my lungs. This is the most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. Is this really how I die? I close my eyes and think of Jack. This is my fault. Then, I feel my legs turned to paste, followed by my stomach. This is it. Goodbye, Tess.



"Ahhhh!" I shout, opening my eyes.

"Michael, shhh! Calm down! What's wrong?" I hear someone say.

I'm... still alive? What happened? I'm laying on my back and I look up to see the source of the voice. Tess? Another look at my surroundings tells me I'm still in Mr.Krayson's class. I never left. I must've fallen asleep and had a nightmare. I'm covered in sweat and panting.

"Michael? Are you okay?" I hear Tess say again.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just had a nightmare. What time is it?" I ask.

"It's almost time to go. You were asleep the whole class period!" She exclaims, her voice still in a hushed whisper.

"Go? Like go home?"

"Yes go home. Do you need a lift to bus?"

"Yeah. I'd like that."

Our conversation ends and we listen to the last words of what Mr.Krayson had to say, although, won't matter for me. I have little idea of what he was talking about this entire class period. But I should get an idea of what that nightmare was about. Why would I dream about that? Selena would never do something like that to me. Would she? I think I'm starting to doubt some of the relationships I have with my family. Am I close to anyone? I think I might be realizing something.

I hear Mr.Krayson stop talking, followed by the sounds of backpacks ruffling and zippers. All the students pack everything away and almost exactly at once they stand up. Then, they all walk to the door, like a herd of cattle. They must just want to go home already, like me. The bell rings from the digitial clock and speaker above the board and the room is emptied quickly. Tess places her palm next to the edge of the table like a ship that's boarding passengers, allowing me to step on easily. She slowly lifts me up to level her stomach. With one arm, she grabs her backpack and puts it on. After she's done with that, she places me right in front of her stomach, creating a wall of cloth and flesh. With her other hand, she creates another wall in front of me, successfully creating a protective cocoon for me to sit in. Through the cracks of space between her fingers, I see flashes of lights and bright colors as we pass several students.

The constant noise of students talking overpowers the sound of the announcements coming over the speakers. All this noise is somewhat muffled to me in my 'safety room'. After taking a couple more steps the noise is behind us but I still hear some ahead. We must be outside. The sound of engines and the hydraulic 'psssshhh' of the bus doors confirms my thought. I tumble around a bit, as if Tess just stepped off of something, most likely the little ledge that seperates the bus loading area from the waiting area. Our bus must be here already, pretty early if I might say. Again, I'm thrown around with a pause after each tumble. She's going up the stairs to the bus, I bet. Once again, the whispers and murmurs of students talking start, all of which, from what I hear, are about me. I hear my name tossed around, and Selena's as well. Oh no! Selena! She doesn't know I'm with Tess? Or at the very least she doesn't know I'm with her. What if she is at my class, looking for me?

My thoughts are interrupted by a sudden jolt of force. Tess's hands move and I see she's taken a seat. She sits as close to the metal wall of the bus and she puts her knees up on the seat in front of her. Then, she places me on her stomach. The way she's currently seated doesn't make much of place to stand. I'm standing just above her belly button and the midsection of her pants act as a safety wall. She reaches behind me, setting her hands to cup me on her stomach. The bus fills more and more, as I hear the chitter chatter of students. Their conversations distract me from Tess. I suddenly get a headache, as if my brain is trying to listen to each separate conversation at the same time. My eyes blur and I fall down from dizziness. Tess' soft palms cushion my fall. I look up at her and see her beautiful smile. I feel giddy and blush, looking around for something else to look at.

"How is it like? Being so... small?" Tess asked, her curiosity clear on her face.

"Well, it's scary sometimes. Everything is bigger than me, so even a bug is a threat. But, it's not all gloom and doom. I see things differently from everyone, and I really do appreciate what I have. In such a beautiful world, people should admire things more often, the things they're able to do so easily." I say, sounding more wise than I probably am.

"Wow." She breathes, "I never thought of it that way. You know Micheal, I feel like we're already good friends. We've hardly known eachother for like a day, but you seem really nice. Do you think... we can be friends?" She looks down at me, her eyes shining.

She's beautiful on the inside and out. She's so gentle with me. I wrap my small hands around her soft warm thumb, enjoying the skin-on-skin contact. I look up to her and talk.

"I think we're going to be great friends Tess." Is all I say. I sit back down and look up at her. My statement has made a smile appear on her face once again.

She supports my back with her fingers and she uses her thumb to stroke my head. Then, her face twists as if she made a mistake. Her hand quickly recedes and I look to her, confused.

"You don't mind, do you? I can understand if you don't want to be touched like that." She asks.

"Of course not Tess. After all, we're friends, right?"

She smiles again as she continues to pet me. Her finger ruffles through my hair, covering my head. She then uses her fingers to stroke my back, while simultaneously rubbing my had with her thumb. But, all good things must come to an end. Soon, the bus stops and I recognize the area. My stop. Why can't the bus have taken a longer route? I was enjoying myself with Tess.

The hydraulic hiss of the doors opening fills my ears and I see kids moving down the aisle. Behind some other boy, I see Selena and Gina.

"Micheal, it's time to go." She looks at Tess, "Thanks for watching after him Tess." Tess just smiles and lifts her palm slowly to conjoin it to Selena's. I wobble off of Tess' soft flesh onto Selena's palm. As Selena walks toward the exit, I wave to Tess, with a huge dumb grin on my face. She waves her fingers at me and we're off the bus. The bus starts its engines and a puff of gray smoke shoots from the exhaust pipe. The doors close and the bus drives down the street. I watch it until it's out of sight. Selena peers down at me and asks a question.

"Did Tess hurt you?" She said, with not much emotion.

"What? No, not at all. In fact, she did the exact opposite." I say.

"Hey, where's Gina?" I inquire.

"She stayed at the school for some program or something." She says, looking forward again.

I look down at the wrinkles of her palm. It smells faintly of flowers. Roses, more like. The sun beats down on Selena and I. She doesn't seem to be sweating or affected by it, really. But my size makes me especially vulnerable to strong temperatures. Bored and having no way to start a meaningful conversation, I just lay my hand on the middle of Selena's palm. I rub my hand down, pushing with a bit of force. It's so soft and warm. She feels this and bends her middle finger to tap me on my stomach. I laugh and I rub her hand even harder. I guess I must've hit a funny bone or something, because she started giggling. Her laughs caused her to shake, making her hand platform unstable and shaky. I slip and I push my fist in all the way, increasing her laughter. I slide over to her thumb and grab it with both of my arms. My legs dangle over the edge, pavement below me, as well as Selena's feet. I yell for help, but she's still laughing, her eyes tearing up. Her hand shakes even more, and my grip falters. My arms lose contact to eachother and I begin to fall down. I look up, my heart pounding. This is it. This is how I go. I close my eyes and the feeling of vertigo almost makes me vomit. Suddenly, I feel something soft and I look up to see an angry Selena.

"Micheal, what the hell was that?!" She asked, anger rising, laughter gone.

"I-I... I was just bored, and I thought-" I say, immediately cut off.

"Thought you would go killing yourself!? Why did you do that?"

"I just wanted interaction. I mean, we hardly talk anymore. You only talk to me when it's necessary. I want... I want... the Selena I knew growing up as a kid." I reply.

"Well I want a normal brother, but we can't all get what we want." She retorts.

The suddeness of venom in her words makes me cringe. What? Before I can say anything we're already in the house. She opens the front door, and walks into her room. She shoves me into my house roughly, knocking most everything down. Then, she turns around, and without a word, slams the door. I lay on the ground of my room, dumbstruck. Selena must've disturbed Jack from his sleep, because he was on the ground, his bed on top of him. He was stuck and calling for me. I regained my senses and ran over to Jack. The bed had Jack trapped against a wall, sitting on his legs. With all the strength I could muster, I lifted and he squeezed out from under the bed.

"Why did Selena do that?" Jack asked, dusting himself off.

"I... don't know."
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry about that terrible nightmare scene, if you're not into crush and stuff, it was just to advance the story. Don't worry, there won't be anymore scenes like that soon.