- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The Alfie/Lera plot was originally in a separate story I wrote called "Garden Odyssey" in 2009, which had a crossover into the "Giant Girls College" novel on which "Mrs Long's new School" is now based.

This time around it seemed easier to intercut the two, as the plots will continue to intersect.

“You can’t stay there forever, you know?” she said.

 

He looked out at her.

 

“After a night in a water cooler, I think I can. The real issue is how long you can stay away from your duties as teacher. I’ll just wait you out. You’ll be bored before I’m willing to give up my safety.”

 

“You’re right,” she said, “Besides, I know you’ll keep coming back to see Jenny. I’ll have plenty more chances to get you. I hope I’ll have you in my tummy one day. Robin and last night’s little boy were easy hunts. You’ve been a challenge. I find you far more appealing because of it. I’m going back to the classroom now. You have my word on that.”

 

He watched her until she was out of sight. Then he ventured slowly and carefully into the bushes and continued the long journey through the school. At his size, it took him until just after 3pm to reach the tube entrance, but Rochelle was there.

 

“I’m waiting for Dougal,” she said, “We have an arrangement, whenever I meet him here and take him to the boarding house. Jenny thinks Mrs Long ate you last night.”

 

“She very nearly ate me at lunch time today. When you take Dougal to the boarding house, could you take me to Jenny too?”

 

“Of course I will,” said Rochelle, and Jenny soon greeted Willy with delight.

 

“Oh little darling boy, I was so afraid. I’m sorry about the accident at the food table in the hall. It’s all my fault. I wouldn’t blame you if you never wanted to see me again.”

 

“I can’t blame you for Mrs Long’s eating habits,” said Willy, “And I love you so much.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day in the earth school, Hamilton and Nicky sat next to each other in afternoon class. Nicky took a sheet of paper and wrote on it.

 

“I think we could still do a lot more in that giant school. Last night’s panic attack interrupted a lot of fun we could have had. We should go back after school today and look for more giant girls.”

 

Nicky passed the note to Hamilton, who read it and wrote back.

 

“That sounds good. I’d like to meet a giant teacher. I’ve had crushes on my teachers since I was six years old, but we don’t get many lady teachers in a boys’ school. I think we’d meet a few more in that giant girls’ college.”

 

“Then it’s settled,” wrote Nicky, “We’ll head into the forest and use the trans-dimension tube after school today.”

 

Nicky screwed up the piece of paper, and threw it in the garbage bin at the front of the classroom, as soon as lessons had finished.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


During lunch hour in the giant school, Brooke approached Mrs Long. She filled Mrs Long in on the presence of the other boys the night before, and the plans that had been made and altered.

 

“I think we could team up to catch the rest of them,” said Brooke, “I’m sure they’ll be back.”

 

“You know I’ve been wanting to catch the rest of them, since I first tried to eat Jenny’s friend Willy. He’s escaped me more than once,” said Mrs Long.

 

“If we’re waiting near the tube, they’re not so likely to use it,” said Brooke, “I know how we could capture them, when they’re not near the tube. You could walk around the school obviously on the prowl, since the earth boys are well aware that you like eating them. They’ll see the diversion and avoid you. I can slink around more subtly and catch them by surprise, while they’re concentrating on the threat you represent. If there’s more than one, we can divide them between us. If we only get one at a time, we can take turns eating them. Our subterfuge should work, because the only one of the earth boys who knows I’m out to eat them is the one I had for supper last night.”

 

“You’re very crafty for your age,” said Mrs Long, “I think it should work. We’ll implement your plan after school, but right now I’d like to talk to someone else who might be able to help us.”

 

Mrs Long went into the science classroom, where Miss Lyndal Cartwright was setting up an experiment for afternoon class. She told Lyndal all about the boys she had eaten so far.

 

“I’ve just had a tip from one of the girls,” said Mrs Long, “Do you think you’d like eating tiny boys?”

 

Lyndal smiled with great amusement.

 

“I’d like it a lot more than the little boys would,” she said.

 

“Well so far I’ve just been using a trial and error game of waiting until I catch them in the school grounds, and then hunting them down and eating them. If you could find a way to enlarge the trans-dimensional tube, so that it was our size instead of tiny, we could go to the tiny school on their world, march on it in the middle of a busy school day and just collect the whole school’s supply of boys and have enough treats to keep us happy for weeks, maybe even months.”

 

“I think I could modify our experimental laser to act as a ray that would expand the width of the tube dramatically,” said Lyndal, “I’ll let you know when I’ve completed my tests on the ray, and you can show me the outlet of this tube.”

 

“Brooke’s my ally. She ate a boy after the cocktail party last night.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In another part of the giant world, not that far from the school, lived a beautiful giant single mother, who had separated from her husband. Her name was Lera.

 

On earth, a man called Alfie had been lonely beyond all means of expression.  

He found himself wanting to be with someone even taller than him, and this was most unlikely. Usually tall women married even taller men.

 

Then he found the trans-dimensional tube. It was a shimmering, hitherto undiscovered hole in time and space, which led to another dimension, he guessed, perhaps a parallel dimension.

He stepped through.

There seemed to be a forest on the other side of the tube as well. Except that the plants were different. He walked through the forest for quite some time, and came upon a large poster, lying on the ground.

On it were written the words:

Fruit, dress, pens, envelopes, meat, drink, pillowslips.

 

“It reads more like a shopping list than a poster,” he thought, “But it’s too big for that. It’s on a sheet of paper taller than me.”

 

Still it was a parallel version of his own world, he guessed, if English was written there.

He folded it up and carried it with him for a while. It was very misty, and overcast.

He expected rain at any moment.

 

He kept walking, and then the forest seemed to come to an end at a large open grassy area. He looked to the left and saw the most enormous beautiful woman on a garden seat. She was looking the other way, wearing a beautiful flowery dress, with short sleeves. She had long hair, and the sweetest looking face he’d ever seen.

He looked back at the forest, and realised it was a garden. The ‘trees’ were actually plant stalks.

 

The lady eventually looked in his direction, and saw him.

 

“Hello,” he said, “I think you might have lost your shopping list.”

 

“Thank you. I did,” she said, reaching down to take it, as he held it up.

 

She looked around his own age, but he had under-guessed at the ages of attractive women almost every time on earth. So he thought she might well be a few years older, but not much. One thing was for sure. She was the most gigantic woman he’d ever seen.