- Text Size +

Chapter 14

Magnus and Cherish decided to take some time off, from school so that they could figure out the situation at hand. Cherish was working on a device, that could read ones age. She was doing this, for she wanted to know if this would continue, or if it would simply stop. Once she got done, she used it on herself.

"Roughly thirteen years. Good," she exclaimed to everyone.

Then she scanned Magnus. His said, that he was only ten years old.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Hurry up!," he impatiently pleaded.

She then said, "Well it says here, that you are technically ten again. Both emotionally as well as physically. Now I am going to give you a test."

"A test? No way!"

"I just need to make sure you're still 'you.'"

"Fine I'll take your stupid test!"

He took a standardized test for what they were learning right now in school.

"Well," she said, "Your mind seems to not have been affected by the regression process."

"That's good," he replied.

Besides what was going down, the day was pretty uneventful. Soon it was nighttime, and they fell fast asleep.

The next day however...

She scanned Magnus again.

"Huh," she said to him, "says here, you are nine point four years old."

"What does that mean?," he asked her. Clearly worried.

"It means, that you are becomming three fifths younger each day.

"Nooooo!"

"I know it's scary, but we need to find a way through this."

"Will I dissapear out of existence?"

"I honestly don't know."

Now while they were in the bedroom, thinking about what to do, with Magnus' condition, the tiny teen spots something.

A comic.

"No way!," he exclaimed, "You have issue one hundred of Imagination Man?"

"Yep!," she smiled.

"But this isn't supposed to come out for weeks!"

"I know the writer."

"You know Billy Franklinson?"

"He's my big brother."

"What?!"

"Yeah. His real name is Billy Seraphim, but the public knows him as Billy Franklinson."

"Can I read it? Please?"

"Sure I don't mind."

He tried reading it, but his tiny stature made it hard, for her had to read each. letter. individually. Like that.

"Here," Cherish said, as she placed little Magnus on her right shoulder. Then they read the story together.

It had a lot of action, and intrigue and Magnus loved that about his stories. He loved the hero fighting against an extremely powerful foe, who would say or do something, that seemed to let the hero win.

"Can I tell you something?," he asked Cherish.

"Sure," She replied.

"The truth is I love Imganiation Man."

"I can see that."

"Now at my old school, I was told that he was for babies. So in order to keep people from knowing, and ridiculing me..."

"... You took on the role of the bully."

"Yes."

"That's understandable. I don't agree with what you did, but people who have a fear of rejection, will reject others before hand."

"So you'll forgive my actions then?"

"I already have."

"Thanks."

"Hey do you want to see a movie with me?"

"Sure. Do I need to bring cash?"

"Nope! You don't mind going in my pocket do you?"

"You're sneaking me in?!"

"Do you mind or not?!"

"No. I don't mind."

"Good! We are going to see a flick then."

The End