- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's a bit different...let me know what you think.

 

.

Chapter 25

 

 

 

Changes of the Heart

 

 

 

Clara felt Charlotte loosen up considerably in her grasp. She was holding the little naked girl gently as she made her way downstairs. She even caught herself especially making sure Charlotte wouldn't feel any discomfort.

 

 

 

The taste of the mouse people was still on Clara's tongue. She'd gone pretty far, she realized. Four little lifes reduced to mere snacks, even though she ended up eating only two of them. The girl in her hand, yeah, that one had been purely incidental but the guy on the floor...absolutely unnecessary. 'Whatever, just mice', she thought.

 

 

 

Still, she was somewhat uncomfortable with the realization that she'd just shoved a bunch of rodents into her mouth, chewed and swallowed them. With actual mice she'd never done it. Never. The thought of it almost made her gag.

 

 

 

With the mouse people it'd been different though. They hadn't even tasted particularily bad. She marvelled at Charlotte in her hand. Their tiny fragile bodies offered so little resistance. She could crunch even their strongest bones with ease. Now splinters of those bones were all stuck between her teeth.

 

 

 

Amazingly, Charlotte stayed put, even had her cute little eyes closed. What if Clara decided to dispose of her now? It was a smart little thing to know that Clara wouldn't do anything of the sort. She just didn't feel like it. She wouldn't even make Charlotte clean her teeth.

 

 

 

When she looked out of the kitchen window she really wanted to go into the garden. But she couldn't. Not as long as the flower-beds-tribe had Lea in their clutches. She wondered when John would get back. It was propably be a good time to continue clean up the house, only Clara didn't feel like cleaning at all.

 

 

 

"Let's watch TV.", she decided and turned around to go to the living room. Jasper and her used to despise watching television. 'It steals your time, makes you lazy and stupid', Jasper allways said. And really most of the programm was despicable.

 

 

 

"Gosh, how could anyone ever watch this?", Clara sighed as she flipped through the channels. "I don't know.", Charlotte commented amused, "But they gave that one fat homeless person a really cool hairdo." The tiny red head made a perfectly relaxed impression. Clara chuckled and casually patted Charlotte on the head. "Oops, sorry.", she said after realizing she'd absentmindedly pressed the little girl into the upholstery.

 

 

 

"Let's watch that!", Charlotte suddenly beemed and pointed at the TV-set. It was a cooking show and there was a close up of some fancy cream dessert with cherries on top. Despite the fact that Clara loved to cook she wasn't really into cooking shows. They weren't fun to watch and commonly made more people hungry than they really taught to cook.

 

 

 

She looked down at Charlotte who cringed and fearfully stared up at her. "Oh, what's wrong?", Clara asked concerned. The penny dropped a moment later. She smiled warmly and said: "Aww, that's okay. You're my little buddy, of course you can allways tell me if you want something."

 

 

 

'For now.', she added in her mind. Clara really felt like being gentle and grateful at the moment but she knew this feeling would propably wear off after some time. She'd been here before.

 

 

 

She grabbed the little girl, raised her up and kissed her on the head. Charlotte smiled shyly. "Can...", she began hesitantly, "Can I get my clothes back? I'm a little bit cold." "Awww, but I like you naked.", Clara cooed and ran her tongue up Charlotte's front side. She noticed for the first time the cute red patch of pubic hair between the little girl's legs.

 

 

 

Charlotte's tiny arms pushed against the enormous tongue that violated her but were no match. Clara felt the tiny thing tighten up again. "Shh, I'm not doing anything.", she hushed and gently stroked Charlotte's back. "Unless you want me to.", she winked playfully and forced the mouse girl's legs apart with her tongue.

 

 

 

"Please Clara, no.", Charlotte struggled in her grasp. "Fine.", Clara acted annoyed, "But I'm too lazy right now to get your clothes." She lowered Charlotte down on her belly. "I know a place that's nice and warm...", Clara added and playfully undid the button on her jeans. Charlotte only looked troubled for a second before she caught herself and resolutely marched towards Clara's crotch.

 

 

 

Clara grabbed her and dropped the tiny girl on her right between her breasts. "I'm just kidding.", she cooed, "You should try and relax a little while I'm in a good mood okay? Also, you totally smell like vajayjay allready."

 

 

 

The way in which Charlotte had obeyed had rubbed the fact that the cute little girl wasn't her 'buddy' but merely her little sex slave right into Clara's face. She missed Lea and the sting of guilt didn't want to go away. Charlotte looked at her as if she was about to say something serious but seemed to decide otherwise. The tiny girl made herself comfortable in between Clara's boobs and turned around to follow the cooking show.

 

 

 

Now Clara wasn't comfortable at all. "Stop that.", she said decidedly, "Tell me what you wanted to say." "What the heck?!", Charlotte said amazed and pointed at the TV-screen again. They were still showing the cream dessert. The cook, a stout black woman had put a kind of scaffold around the mountain of tastiness and now an itsy bitsy little mouse man, perfect with a white apron and a toque, eagerly flitted around it and modelled it into a fairytale-princess' castle.

 

 

 

The audience was 'awing' and the show-hostess, a womanly brunette in her fourties marvelled at the scene from up close. "The amount of detail he adds to it with his little hands is amazing. You'll see in just a minute.", the cook explained.

 

 

 

"It's so awsome, and he's so quick too. Wow!", the hostess said amazed. And really, the tiny man was working like his life depended on it. "Ha, he better be.", the cook laughed. "What if he ruins it?", the brunette enquired turning around. "Well.", the cook said with a vicious smile, "They tastin better than you'd think, ha!" Half the audience 'Oww'-ed deeply before erupting into laughter, the other half looked away, some angrily chatting with their neighbours. Clara noticed the worried look on the tiny man's face.

 

 

 

"Okay, okay.", the hostess calmed the stirred up audience, "We realize that eating mouse-people is still controversial but we'd like to remind everybody that it is perfectly legal at the moment. Just like eating other animals, right?" "Le'me tell you som'dn bout'em mouse-people.", the cook said angrily, "If you ain't no human, and you tasty, I'ma eat'chu! It's that simple!" Again the audience appeared to be strongly devided about this matter.

 

 

 

"A big hand for Josie everybody!", the hostess called with a broad fake smile and changed the show's attention back to the cream dessert.

 

 

 

"Look...", Clara began seriously and Charlotte turned around, "That's great but I really wanna get some things off my chest, 'kay?" Charlotte turned around and walked onto Clara's belly so they could speak more comfortably. She very much looked like she didn't want to have this discussion.

 

 

 

Clara sighed before she said: "I'm really sorry for what I did to you. I kinda like you and I don't want you to be afraid of me. I have no intention to hurt you. That's all, really."

 

 

 

Charlotte's face turned into a big frown: "You realize that's a rather quick change of heart, right?! I mean you...you almost killed me today, not to mention all the other stuff and just beneath me there are two people being digested right now?!" Her voice was emotionally shaking, as if she had a hard time not break down in tears.

 

 

 

Clara shifted uneasily on the sofa. She smiled awkwardly and hoped that humor would eradicate the unpleasantness. "Yeah.", she said apologetically, "My attitude towards you guys seems to change alot...ha, ask Lea about it!" Clearly, the effort fell flat. She sighed and continued: "I'm sorry. I like you, you're smart and you're funny...but you know how it is. I kinda like that...thing and, well, I just...I'll spare you from now on, 'kay?" Triumph flared up in Charlotte's beautiful eyes before her frown reappeared.

 

 

 

"So...", Charlotte began as serious as before, "You'd like to have a little buddy you can hang out with when you kill people?" "You really don't mind if I do, do you?", Clara suddenly asked. "Mhhh, not so much, no.", Charlotte responded plainly after a pause, "So long as it ain't me." She gave Clara an anxious look.

 

 

 

"Don't worry.", Clara smiled warmly, "You'll be fine. Just tell me when I'm being too ruff on you, mhhkay?", She amicably messed up the tiny girl's curly hair with her index finger, "Oh look! He's finished!"

 

 

 

It really looked amazing, even on TV. With it's lovely details engraved into it, the use of caramel as gold color, chocolate splinters as shindles and the itsy bitsy towers each of which had a glossy red cherry on top. "I'd totally live in that thing.", Charlotte said dreamily starring at the screen.

 

 

 

"Ha!", Clara laughed, "Ladies and gentlemen! Behold! Her tiny highness, Chubby-Charlotte the first!" Charlotte had to smile aswell. "Hey!", she said turning back around to Clara, "Since...since you've decided we're buddies now...I could totally use a slave."

 

 

 

Clara's mouth fell open. "I'm serious!", Charlotte said but couldn't surpress a laugh. "What for?", Clara wanted to know. "To feel like a princess.", Charlotte concluded in a snobby voice, "Perhaps a handsome looking prince to attend my every...desire?" She playfully cocked her head. Clara almost buried Charlotte under her belly when she rolled over snorting with laughter.

 

 

 

She rolled back on her back, grabbed Charlotte by her ankle and dangled the tiny girl over her face. "Well.", she playfully licked her lips, "If he can get past me." "Oh, come on!" Charlotte snickered while she was lowered back on Clara's belly, "Surely you can spare one decent looking guy for your little 'buddy', eh?"

 

 

 

"If I can borrow him sometimes.", Clara winked. "What? No!", Charlotte protested, "You'd totally kill the poor guy!" "N'awww.", Clara grinned, "I'd just have to check how much he can take. To make sure my little buddy only gets the best! Besides, you know I'm totally stronger than any man you could get." Her tongue came out again.

 

 

 

"Hell no!", Charlotte acted disgusted, "I want a decent fuck not having my vital organs smushed!" Clara chuckled: "You know there's propably some house-tribes-people around hearing every word we say, right?" "Oh shit!", Charlotte cupped her mouth with her right hand before both girls laughed hysterically. It felt like they totally belonged together. Clara knew she'd treated Charlotte badly, but then again, Charlotte was used to it, and was smart enough to accept Clara's accomodation.

 

 

 

"You said that she could never live without you!", Nucky hissed at Lea who only shrugged her shoulders. They heard the giantess laughing in the distance.

 

 

 

It had been surprisingly easy to get inside the house. After Lea had explained to him that she was the pet of a giantess called Clara that was absolutely and totally gentle and she just had to get back to her and Nucky would recieve anything he wanted as a reward he'd started to take a sounding of the situation outside their hiding spot.

 

 

 

His intuition told him to run. Run far away, seek his fortune somewhere else. But he had given Lea his last piece of potato chip and he hardly had anything else to trade. Besides, without him, Lea was lost. Also, the long talk they had had given him a feeling of enjoyment and satisfaction he hadn't ever felt before. And he was scared to never feel it again.

 

 

 

The flower-beds-tribe had been stirred up like a wasps nest. A mad-talking man called Yorick had somehow lost both of his arms along with his mind, some house-tribe's raiding party had been spotted somewhere and of course a strange daredevil had taken the tribe's precious hostage which infront of Clara they had still claimed to be in posession of.

 

 

 

Nucky had stolen the clothes of a young couple that used the omnipresent confusion to have some quality time in their hideout. Only one man alive of the flower-beds-tribe knew what Lea looked like. Well, two. But that 'Yorick' person didn't really count. Nucky could've peeked into the forb as Lea changed her attire, but he didn't. Some might call him stupid for his personal honor code but he told himself that one day he'd be rewarded for keeping it.

 

 

 

Looking like flower-bed-tribes people they freely wandered through their lands. Barely anyone gave them anything more than a second look and everyone they saw was basically walking as quickly and propably looking as anxious as them. It had been Lea's idea to act as a couple so they'd invoke even less suspicion. Nucky had heard his heart beat in his throat whenever she'd hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. He found it incredibly hard to return such affections, even though, unlike hers, his wouldn't even had to be necessarily fake.

 

 

 

They'd even encountered the house-tribe's raiding party engaged in melee with a group of flower-beds people. The house tribe faught fiercely and won the skirmish before taking an astonishing amount of prisoners from a den in the ground and walked back to the house, Lea and Nucky carefully following them.

 

 

 

They were led by a man of Nucky's age whom Lea identified as her elder brother 'John' who practised an inflationary use of cuss words . Oddly enough Lea didn't want to approach the group if not absolutely necessary and try and get directly to Clara. Seeing this man's temperament in dealing with the prisoners, most of whom were women, he could understand why. Nucky would gladly teach this guy about honor if he'd get a chance.

 

 

 

The party had entered the house through a small tunnel in a wall that led to a shattered dead sewage pipe from where they followed the only light they could see and came out under the floor boards somewhere beneath what Lea said was the kitchen. They allready saw the hole in the floor boards were John and his men had climbed up.

 

 

 

Of course it had been guarded. Two men debating whether brown or white glass splinters were sharper. They'd been distracted and no match for Nucky's skills.

 

 

 

Now Lea and him were crouching behind a low cover and watched John's raiding party who were escorting their prisoners right through the kitchen. The giantesse's apparent happiness had startled Nucky who had thought to find Clara crying and mourning over the loss of her pet. But he wouldn't turn back because of it. Not so close to a life of wealth and, possibly, a genuine kiss from a girl?

 

He noticed other house-tribes-people going about their daily business like collecting bread crumbs all the while occaisionally shooting fearfull glimpses at the doorframe that led to the hallway. They wouldn't get through here without being noticed. There was no cover at all. Under the furniture, more house-tribes people dwelled.

 

 

 

"We'll have to run.", Nucky said to Lea who nodded in response. "Okay.", she said, bracing herself. He noticed that John had turned left in the hallway and entered some other room when Lea suddenly kissed him on the cheek. She laughed at his puzzled face and started to run.

 

 

 

"That's not right, I couldn't force a poor little boy to be your love toy.", Clara said grinning after they'd both calmed down a little, "That'd be like...the cruelest thing i've ever done!" She couldn't remember having had this much fun with Lea at any point. "Don't you think you're being a tad hypocritical?" , Charlotte asked sneering.

 

 

 

"Mhhh", Clara moaned seductively as she grabbed Charlotte, held her close to her face and rolled onto her belly, "Well, you've done me a favor, why wont you allow me to return it, huh?" Charlotte, though clearly a bit uncomfortable, seemed to have convinced herself that Clara was only teasing and laughingly faught against the big girl's sexual advances. Meanwhile, Clara did her best not to overpower the tiny girl and keep the pleasant vibe flowing.

 

 

 

Charlotte was on her back in the palm of Clara's hand, kicking and beating at the huge tongue that wanted to taste her body. Clara played as if Charlotte's petty resistance was actually working and the poor little thing seemed to buy into it. It was adorable. Suddenly a rude, distant voice from the door disturbed them: "Now there's my favourite fucking whore! What the fuck is going on?!"

 

 

 

It was John.

 

 

 

With him was the biggest group of mus-hominae that Clara had ever seen in one spot. A circle of twelve or so armed men surrounding a herd of twenty or more unarmed women and men, standing right next to the white plastic container. A wealth of things to play with. Clara gently lowered Charlotte on the sofa and stood up.

 

 

 

They were all trembling before her, John's men and their prisoners alike. "Good job! Nice catch you made there, John", Clara grinned while taking a looming step towards them. "Well, fuck you!", he spat, "I almost decided not to give them to you. To you! Of all the monsters I could've fed them to. I'm only doing this for my sister. You better make sure this shit works! I lost a bunch of good guys out there."

 

 

 

Just when he was finished a movement at the door caught Clara's attention. She had to look twice to believe her eyes. Was that...was that Lea? Yes it was! Clara snorted on account of the absurdity of the situation. "What the fuck is wro-?!", John turned towards the door aswell. "No...", Clara heard him mutter. Their eyes met again and the look on his little face was absolutely devasted. Clara laughed at him from above.

 

 

 

"Fuck yooouuu!", was the last thing she heard of John before his voice was muffled by the plastic container she turned over him and his tiny companions. "What's going on?", Lea asked baffled. She was dressed in the rags that the flower-bed-tribes people used to wear and was accompanied by what appeared to be a man of the flower-beds-tribe, standing half behind her, trembling. With two quick steps Clara was above them.

 

 

 

She bent down and quickly snatched Lea away from his reach. Daunted, the tiny man scrambled back a few steps, tripped and fell on his buttocks. He stared up at her in sheer terror. "So you decided to give her back to me, huh? Good for you. Not smart to come here with her though.", Clara spat, "Any last words, flower-beds-fucker?" She raised her boot above him. His lips were shaking wildly but he didn't make a sound.

 

 

 

"Clara, no!", Lea screamed at the top of her little lungs. "I know you don't like it darling but I can't let them get away with kidnapping you.", Clara informed her calmly, "Cover your ears. I'll squash him."

 

 

 

"No!", Lea exploded, "He's not of their tribe, he's good, he saved me! You can't hurt him! He free'd me when they were taking me through the flower beds and his name is Nucky and we hid together and he gave me food and he brought me here...!"

 

 

 

Clara settled her foot beside the other. "Really?", she asked sceptically. "Yes!", Lea said relieved, "Oh, you big little idiot, now you've scared him for life! What's he supposed to think of you now, huh?" Lea's breathless laugh convinced Clara of her sincerity.

 

 

 

Clara looked at the tiny man on the floor for some time. He was dirty, his face smeared with earth and he appeared to be pretty shell shocked at the moment. Clara was torn between apologizing and stepping on him. Even though he amazingly had somehow managed to safe Lea and had brought her back he appeared to be nothing more than an annoyance at the moment. It would be easiest just to flatten him.

 

 

 

John was still screaming his muffled madness in the background, giving the scene an even crazier touch. Clara shook her head to get her thoughts in line and decided to reward the trembling man for returning Lea. It was only fair and she'd have plenty of time to flatten him later. When she bend down and extended her hand to snatch him off the floor he rolled up to a ball and whimpered. Clara hesitated.

 

 

 

"What did you say his name was?", she adressed Lea. "Nucky.", Lea said happily, "See? You totally scared the crap out of him." "Awww. Poor Nucky.", Clara canted compassion, "Come'ere little guy." Gently she plucked his stiff little form of the floor and engulfed it in her fist. She reasoned it was best if he didn't have to see his surroundings fly about as she was going to carry him to the sofa. It didn't work out.

 

 

 

As soon as Clara's fist closed around him Nucky panicked completely. He thrashed about and futilely tried to hurt Clara by biting her. When that didn't work out he squeezed an arm through the only gap between her fingers that was large enough for him to do so.

 

 

 

"He's going nuts in there.", Clara commented, "He's going to kill himself if he keeps that up." "Do something!", Lea said concerned. Clara squeezed him until he couldn't move a limb, raised her hand to her mouth and spoke into her fist: "Stop that or I smush you." She released him again but his movements had ceased.

 

 

 

"Clara!", Lea yelled angrily, "You think that helps?! You're such a moron sometimes, seriously! I can't even-" "He stopped.", Clara interrupted her perplexed, "He either stopped or he died." "Let me to him!", Lea demanded shakingly. Clara held her two hands together and very slowly started to open her fist. His limp little form was lying in the palm of Clara's hand.

 

 

 

"Nucky!", Lea screamed and started to wriggle herself out of Clara's gentle grasp. Clara, afraid her friend could fall to the floor, held the little girl at the hips. "Let me go!", Lea cried and Clara complied. Lea hopped over to the hand that held Nucky and rushed to his side. "He's alive! He just passed out!", she said relieved after a few moments, hugging the tiny man's chest.

 

 

 

Holding him under the water tap cleaned his face but didn't wake him up, so they'd decided to wait. His face, though scarred, was much more likeable without the dirt on it. Clara had a piece of lemon pie ready by the oven cloth she had bedded him on. Lea was by his side, cradling his head while Charlotte, still naked, stood on the other side. The little red head's eyes shot hungry glances at the cake. She also seemed to give the boy some consideration.

 

 

 

Clara had left John, his men and his prisoners where they were. They'd be fine for now. Lea spoke of her experiences in the garden. According to what she said Nucky seemed to be quite a sport. Clara wondered why he had passed out so easily. But then again, she was going to kill him, and he allready looked like he'd been through a lot.

 

 

 

"And then we came around the corner and-", Lea was interrupted by a soft moan from Nucky. He seemed to be slowly waking up. Charlotte imediately covered her breasts and crotch with her hands. "Umm, Clara...", she began hinting, "...clothes?" "Uh, yeah!", Clara said and tried to remember where she'd left them. "...Patio?", Charlotte added annoyed.

 

 

 

When Clara came back inside with Charlotte's skirt and poncho Nucky was awake. And panicking again. He almost ran over Charlotte and tried desperately to find a way off the glass table. All three girls were shouting at him to calm down but Clara had the loudest voice: "It's okay, it's okay! I'll just drop this here and leave. See?"

 

 

 

She dropped the clothes on the table from as far away as physically possible and slowly backed up towards the hallway. "You guys better make sure he gets a grip.", she said looking at Charlotte and Lea, "He acts like this when I come back, he's gonna get himself smushed." Lea shot an angry glance at her but didn't get the chance to say something because Clara was allready through the hallway and into the livingroom, slamming it's door shut behind her.

 

 

 

She wasn't really mad or anything, she just wouldn't go out of her way to accommodate to that whimpy little bugger, no matter how much Lea seemed to have grown fond of him. He'd learn to stand her presence or not, latter case sealing his death. Clara wasn't one to let playthings just walk away. In the meantime she'd check on her second latest catch.

 

 

 

"Hey there!", she cheered happily tapping her finger on the semi transparent plastic. Somewhere in her conscience, Clara felt an odd sense of sympathy for the mouse people under the plastic container. Unlike Charlotte and Lea, they were disposable. And they were about to find out about it.

 

 

 

But first Clara would have to find a proper way to keep them. The two tribes didn't get along too well, as she knew, also John and his men still had their weapons.

 

 

 

Meanwhile Nucky cursed himself. He'd broken the rules of survival and now he'd pay the ultimate price. "Calm down, she's not going to kill you.", Lea tried to calm him down. He was embarassed to have passed out infront of Lea and now he was still shaking heavily.

 

 

 

Still worse, there was no way off this giant glass table that didn't involve falling. Maybe he should drop on one of the chairs and jump to the ground from there? He'd sustain major injury and from there it would be almost impossible. He'd still have to get out of the house and past the flower-beds-tribe.

 

 

 

Lea put her gentle hand on his cheek but he reflexively pulled away. "What's wrong?", she asked. "Tzz. What's wrong?!", the incrdeibly beautiful red girl tsk'ed as she came round from behind a huge box of cereal where she'd gotten dressed, "I'll tell you what's wrong. Your little friend here saved your life and in return he's going to be turned into a doormat because of you." The girl had a peculiar scent to her that messed with Nucky's mind.

 

 

 

"Charlotte, what are you talking about, I didn't...? Are you serious?", Lea responded angrily. "You introduced him to Clara.", Charlotte said rather unconcerned, "You know her. You could've warned him, couldn't you?" "You said she was perfectly gentle!", Nucky looked at Lea, completely aghast. Charlotte snorted with vicious laughter: "Yeah, perfectly gentle. She wouldn't ever harm a hair on your head. Lea, seriously?! Hahaha!" Nucky felt the blood vanish from his face. "What's wrong with you?!", Lea said enraged, "She's not going to hurt him, how can you be so heartless to tell him that? ...And why do you smell like you spend half day in her underwear?"

 

 

 

"Because I did.", Charlotte said scrunching her nose, "Well, part in her underwear and part basically half way up her crotch, but anyways..." Lea stared at her in utter disgust. "Oh come on Lea.", Charlotte continued when she noticed Lea's look, "Did you really think you could changer her?"

 

 

 

"I've been through much more with her than you.", Lea snapped back. Nucky noticed she was balling her fists. "Hehe, earlier today she had 'lunch'." Charlotte responded, frowning, "It consisted of two people that she chewed and another two that she killed just for shits and giggles while I was between her legs, getting her off."

 

 

 

Lea's chin dropped: "Why would you do that?!" "Because I'm not going to end up beneath her foot or in her belly!", Charlotte shot back with a dangerous sparkling in her eye, "Because I want to live!", She turned to Nucky, "And you, boy, if you want to live too, you better get your shit together and don't freak out again when she returns." Nucky swallowed hard.

 

 

 

"Don't listen to her.", Lea calmly told him, "I'll talk to Clara, it will all be good." "Yeah, don't listen to me.", Charlotte sneered sarcastically, "Listen to the girl who lied to you and got you into this mess in the first place." That was hard to reason with. Lea grunted angrily, stood up and walked away. Nucky had half a mind to follow and comfort her, but Charlotte's words, as shocking as they were, made an awful lot of sense.

 

 

 

"Maybe...", he began hesitatingly, "Maybe you can help me?" This girl seemed to be pretty smart and have sound survival strategies. Her opprobrious chuckle however crushed his hopes. "No.", she said sternly, "Sorry, but unlike you I'm not going to act the fool to safe someone I don't even know." Nucky couldn't really blame her.

 

 

 

She walked over to the side of the square piece of cloth they were sitting on and returned with two handfull of yellow bread that smelled absolutely delicious. "Eat that.", she said reassuringly, "It'll make you feel better." It tasted absurdly good. The beautiful girl sat beside him and happily dug into the treat too.

 

 

 

"Is she that bad, the large girl?", he asked after a few bites. "Nah.", Charlotte said and swallowed what she had in her mouth, "She can be fun to be around, actually. You just have to live with the fact that she can do with you what ever she wants. If you want to live you gotta give her a reason to let you."

 

 

 

"Shit.", Nucky cursed unintentionally, "I'm dead." "Well, maybe for Lea's sake she's gonna let you live.", the girl said comforting him, "If not, well, just be a man about it. There's nothing you can do. That's just the way it is, I guess. They crush and we get crushed." Nucky couldn't decide what smell he'd rather smell for the rest of his life. The cake's or the girl's.

 

 

 

Lea's eyes were burning. She crouched behind a box of cereal and cried bitterly. Charlotte was such a nasty bitch. And Clara had propably been killing people all the time. She was lost. She couldn't go back to her tribe, not even if Clara let her. She couldn't run away alone and Nucky wouldn't even look at her anymore. She hated Charlotte for turning him against her.

 

 

 

What on earth was wrong with Clara?! Charlotte certainly wasn't a good influence on her big friend. Lea decided that she had to, she just had to save Nucky if Clara had really become as bad as Charlotte said. And then...maybe she could get Clara to burry the red headed cunt under her foot.