- Text Size +
It seemed like the temperature in the room was getting hotter and hotter around me as I felt more disoriented than I had in a while. It was a similar feeling to that which I had when I first made this strange transition but this time felt more familiar. I was feeling a certain sense of arousal but I couldn't let Valerie know. Was this natural... was this supposed to happen? As my friend Valerie seemed to be going through the same mental denial herself, I decided to put the subject to the back burner and focus our attention else where. We had always been friends and if it never worked before, it certainly couldn't work now that I was a woman.

"Ok Valerie, let's think" I said, trying to sound like myself again but I still sounded like a woman, "All we did was go to that chinese restaurant and..."

"Oh yeah, what ever happened after that?" Valerie asked. "Didn't you go to the bar?"

"Yeah but not for long... I hit on this one chick named Chelsea... I think it was" I said, feeling so stupid to be recalling the story in my female voice, "and I just wasn't feeling it... although that's when I started feeling sick"

"Sick how?" Valerie asked.

"Not overly sick, but like something was wrong, yknow?" I said, trying my best to explain the odd sensations I had gone through, "And my head was pounding and everytime I talked... my voice started cracking"

"Ah-ha, thats it!" Val exclaimed.

"What?"

"Your voice... started cracking, you must've been changing then!" Valerie said.

"You think so?" I asked.

"Yes... how soon after did your change happen?" Valerie asked, as if she were a private investigator.

"I... I'm honestly not sure" I stuttered.

"C'mon, think" Valerie said.

"I'm sorry..." I said, feeling very frustrated with myself and for everything that had happened to this point. I almost felt like it was my fault this happened, like this was something I could've done or should've done to prevent it. I didn't even know where to begin though. As I felt an invisible object move me from within, I pushed myself towards Valerie and forced her into a hug.

"Uh... ok" Valerie chuckled, "what's this for?"

"For helping me out..." I sighed, releasing a strong breath into her shoulder as she pat me on the back reassuredly.

"C'mon, Bobby, this isn't going to get us anywhere" Valerie said.

"R-Right... well... what do you think we should do?" I asked.

"I... I don't know" Valerie said, giving me a sort of unsure smile, "It's your body, not mine... I want to help you but I'm not sure... I'm... I'm sorry..."

"So am I stuck this way?!" I squealed, my new feminine voice resounding all around me like a strict new reality. I let go of Valerie and even though I felt normal, I also could swear the room was spinning as I was consumed with worry and doubt. "I... I can't do this, Val! I can't be a woman! I could barely handle my life BEFORE!"

"Bobby, please calm down..." Valerie sighed and sat on the bed.

"I... I know... I should" I said, slowing myself down and sitting next to her. My hands were trembling as I held them in my lap. Even my hands looked foreign to me now. What wasn't foreign was the sight of Valerie's hand as it drifted onto mine. She gave me a warm smile as she held my hands steady.

"Bobby. Please" she said, now seeming more sure of herself, "everything's going to be okay"

"Ok... thanks, Val" I said, almost quietly, "I needed that"

Valerie had always been a valuable friend to me and we had both had our shares of relationship problems and other quarells in the past. As my former self, I'd playfully flirt with her and sometimes I had secretly wished she wasn't gay but I never really put too much thought into it. Now, I was seeing her completely different. Even my hormones wanted her more, which surprised me the most of all.

"I think we should go to the chinese restaurant again" Valerie said, "and speak to the manager"

"Are you serious, Val?" I tsked, "We can't just go rushing in there and tell them 'oh by the way, I'm a woman now, it must've been the lo-mein!"

Valerie laughed uproariously at my fecetious attempt at humor, but then kept speaking in a calmed tone.

"I see your sense of humor hasn't changed" she smiled, "you'll need that. But seriously, it's more than a little odd that all of this happened after we went to dinner there?"

"Yeah, but we've been there before and this has never happened" I said, eliciting a nod of understanding from my friend. Suddenly, she turned her head to the side and fished for her phone which had started vibrating under the bed. I felt suddenly emotional to see her leave my side, as if I needed her attention every second. But ... that wasn't rational, and it sure wasn't going to help.

"Ugh... where'd I put it?" Valerie sighed, referring to her phone which she finally nabbed from under the covers. There, she was a missed call. "Ugh, Alex... again..."

"Thats it, I'm taking this from you!" I said jokingly and reached for her phone. She laughed and pulled it away, towards her pocket but I kept pursuing her with my hands. Finally, we both crashed into a heap on her bed laughing, the phone still cradled in her hands in a vice grip which I tried to rip open as if her hands were clam shells.

I lay on top of her, struggling still and laughing, barely even able to see when I felt a tingle in my lower stomach. Oh no... I was ticklish.

"Ha!" Valerie laughed, grabbing feverishly at my lower belly with her free hand. I squealed out helplessly, and then broke my hold on Valerie's hand.

"EEEK!! STOP!!" I shrieked, between my incessant laughter but Valerie was relentless and used both of her hands now to tickle my sensitive stomach. I fell onto the bed, laughing but also crying. Valerie sat up and was now looking down at me and stopped playing around when she saw my tears.

"Bobby... what's the matter?"

"This is so embarassing!!" I sobbed, choking pathetically on my own words as the tears ran down my face.

"Wh-What? I don't get it" Valerie asked.

"Me... laying on your bed, laughing like a little girl!" I sobbed, taking long breaks in between my shattered words. "How did this happen to me? I'm scared Valerie... please... no more..."

I buried my face from her in my hands and let the tears consume me. I felt her try to pull me up from behind but I resisted, staying limp on her bed instead.

"Bobby..." Valerie sighed, letting her arms fall to the side in frustration. "Bobby I..."

Just then, her phone started vibrating again, just like before. It had to be her ex girlfriend again...

"Ah geez, I gotta take this" Valerie tsked. I suddenly felt a sudden rage come over me and I sat up in a hurry.

"DON'T ANSWER THAT!" I snapped, tears still falling from my eyes, but I was too late and she had already taken the call, looking back at me with a frustrated look. I got off the bed and started pacing angrily towards my friend. "Don't talk to her!"

"Shhh!" Valerie whispered, taking the phone to her side for a moment, still looking at me, "please, let me finish"

She put the phone back to her ear and I watched from a helplessly close distance as she talked to her ex, using only one or two word answers to most of her questions.

"Okay... well... if you want" Valerie said, sounding as cordial as one could hope to be talking to their ex.

"Val..." I tried interjecting but Valerie seemingly ignored me, getting me angrier. "Put it on speakerphone"

Valerie shook her head no. She continued walking away from me with the phone in her hand.

"Okay, sure... I guess I can..." Valerie said, now in the bathroom.

I know I probably shouldn't but I had no choice. I stormed into the bathroom and began yelling.

"Valerie! What'd you do with my towels?" I screamed out, my voice echoing in the background.

"Wh-What?" Valerie asked, diverting her attention from the phone. "N-No, I'm sorry... I... Alex, you still there? Yeah, I can... maybe tomorrow... well..."

Catching her off guard, I snatched the phone from Valerie's hand and clicked on the speakerphone. Valerie stared at me with shock but I kept my mouth shut and kept letting the conversation happen, holding the phone at a close distance to my friend. I playfully smiled and shook my head to let her know I wasn't going to be stopped.

"Uh... anyway, you were saying?" Alex said on the other end, "who's that girl in that background?"

"That's uh... just..." Valerie stammered.

"I'm her girlfriend, who the hell are you?" I cut in, suddenly sounding confident. I don't know what had come over me but I was going to go with it. Valerie stared back at me with a slight smile on her face but also utter shock.

"Uh... what?" Alex said, sounding more confused than anything, "Valerie I didn't realize you were..."

"Yeah, so leave us alone..." I growled in a low tone. Valerie frowned at me and reached for the phone but I held it back.

"Um... yeah, I'm seeing a new girl, Alex" Valerie said nervously, realizing I had her phone hostage. "But anyway... when did you want me to pick up that stuff? Tomorrow morning?"

"Well honestly, I mean..." Alex said hesitantly, "the sooner the better, but you said you're busy tonight?"

"No, she'll be there" I said aggressively, causing Valerie to frown again. "Just leave it at the door"

"Geez... uh okay" Alex said, then chimed in with a rude attitude, "sounds like you found yourself a real winner"

There was an abrupt click on the phone and a few moments of silence. Valerie looked at me with an aghast look.

"What?" I asked.

"Why did you do that?" Valerie asked.

"I... I don't know" I sighed.

"She just wanted me to pick up her stuff and now..." Valerie sighed.

"Now what?" I asked, "You're still going to... and NOW, you'll be going with your new girlfriend..."

"What? But I don't have a..." Valerie started, as I took her hand slowly in mine. Her face then broke into a smile. "....oh. Oh... I get it"