- Text Size +
Chapter 20

Hey guys, thanks for all of the reviews!

Icarus awoke some time later to the same soft rhythmic motion as before. Shaking his head back and forth, Icarus tried to listen to what was happening outside. By what he would tell, Terra must still have been traveling since he last woke up. Icarus realized that Terra must have been humming some sort of song as he would feel the vibrations go through him. After enjoying the soft melody for several minutes, Icarus decided that he wanted to stretch out.

[Terra,] yawned Icarus, [can you let me out?]

“No problem.” came Terra’s muffled reply.

Icarus was once again blinded as Terra’s top came down. Moments later, Icarus was rubbing his eyes as he felt an oversized cloth wrap around him. Releasing another yawn, he took in his surroundings. The trees of the forest were long gone as Terra was now traveling on a plain. A few trees were scattered around the surrounding fields, but for the most part the plain was barren. The only noteworthy feature was the river that flowed to the right of the road.

“I was starting to wonder when you’d wake up again.” said Terra as she reached into her pocket.

[What do you mean] asked Icarus as he stretched his arms upwards.

“You’ve been asleep since yesterday.” replied Terra as she transferred Icarus to her other hand.

[Oh] thought Icarus looking down.

“Don’t worry about it, besides you’re still recovering. You’ve got to let your body rest.” said Terra as she continued to search her pocket.

[What are you looking for?] asked Icarus.

“It’s a surprise, but I think I might have placed it in my pack. Let’s take a break anyway.” replied Terra as started waking to the right of the road.

Looking to the right of Terra, Icarus felt a little sorry for their pony. The poor beast seemed tired as Terra stopped at a tree around twenty feet from the river. Placing her pack on the ground, Terra retrieved Icarus’ pack from her side and gently placed Icarus on top of it. After placing a spoonful of water in front of her companion, Terra started undoing the leather straps of her armor.

[What are you doing?] asked Icarus as he brushed some water off his face.

“Since we are alone in the middle of nowhere, I was planning on taking a bath in the river.” replied Terra as she kicked off her boots.

Icarus blushed a light red as he diverted his eyes. Feeling Icarus’ unease, Terra decided to try and push it a little further. Taking off her shirt, Terra was left in only her underwear in front of her tiny companion. Bending down in front of him, Terra was only inches away as she stared down at Icarus.

“You’re welcome to join me if you want.” cooed Terra as she drew circles around Icarus. “There’s just so much room that I have to wash and an extra set of hands would be so helpful.” said Terra as she traced her finger down Icarus’ side.

Icarus was blushing scarlet red as he tried to divert his eyes. This didn’t work as Terra used her finger to tilt Icarus’ chin upwards so that their eyes met.

[Um…] thought Icarus as several emotions went through him. He was broke out of his thought as Terra started giggling.

“I’m just kidding Icarus,” giggled Terra, “besides the water is way too cold for your body at the moment.” Letting Icarus’ head go, Terra rummaged through her pack as she retrieved everything that she needed.

“I’ll start cooking us some food once I get done, but if you need anything just let me know.” said Terra as she made her way towards the river.

“If you want a better seat just ask.” replied Terra as she blew a kiss back at Icarus.

Turning the opposite direction, Icarus tightened the cloth around him as a cool breeze blew by. Terra wasn’t worried about Icarus as she made sure to constantly scan the road as she continued to bath. Being this time of year, most humans would think that the river was too cold to stay in for more than a minute, but Terra was completely content with the water. It was a little cool for her, but she had a high resistance towards both warm and cold temperatures. If it had been summer time, she would have dragged Icarus in the river with her, but his body wouldn’t be able to stand the water as it was. Even though Terra couldn’t see Icarus, she could tell that he peeked quite a couple times by the flux of emotions that Icarus went through. Terra would have teased him by touching the top of the sphere, but it had also shrunk along with Icarus. It was currently the size of a marble and the top of the sphere was solid like the rest of it. Terra figured that once Icarus returned to his original size then he would regain the use of his magic.

After several more minutes of washing herself in the river, Terra decided that it was time to get back. Walking back to the tree that she left Icarus under, Terra searched through her pot for everything that she needed. After running back to the river to fill her pot with water, Terra started making a fire. Other than pulling out the needed ingredients, Terra also pulled out Icarus’ bowl, a small sliver of soup, and something else that Icarus couldn’t see.

[I think that my bowl is a little too big for me at the moment.] thought Icarus as he watched Terra at work.

“Nah, I believe that it’ll be the perfect size.” replied Terra as she tested the temperature with her finger.

[What do you mean?] asked Icarus.

“I’m making you a bath.” said Terra while she filled the bowl with the warm water.

Making sure the bowl was secured on top of the pack, Terra smeared some of the soap along the side of the bowl. Before Icarus could react, Terra gently lifted him into the air and tore away his cloth. Lowering him into the bowl, Terra continued to cook her soup.

“Comfy?” asked Terra as she tossed in a few ingredients.

[Yeah] replied Icarus as he sunk into the bowl.

He had to admit that the warm water felt nice against his skin. The water was around his belly button, but he was kneeling down so the water was up to his shoulders. This was a new experience for him, not bathing in a bowl but bathing in warm water. Deciding that he couldn’t get out of it, Icarus grabbed a handful of soap and started to wash himself. A few minutes later Icarus was scrubbing soap through his hair as he felt the water shift.

“Need help?” asked Terra as she peered into the bowl.

[No] thought Icarus as he faced away from her.

“Aw, come on Icarus don’t be shy.” replied Terra as she lathered some soup in her hands.

Gently grabbing ahold of Icarus, Terra enjoyed his little attempts to free himself. Icarus soon found himself being barraged by Terra’s giant fingers as they started washing every part of his body. Icarus didn’t want to admit it, but he was in a minor state of bliss as Terra washed and massaged every portion of his body. He had long since given up trying to fight off Terra’s finger because each was both bigger and stronger than he was. Making sure that Icarus was thoroughly clean, Terra placed him back into the bowl to rinse himself off.

“Once you’re done, I’ll let you see your surprise.” said Terra as she placed a cloth along the side of the bowl for Icarus to climb out of.

[What is it?] asked Icarus as he dried himself off with the cloth.

“While you’ve been asleep I’ve made you this.” stated Terra as she pulled out a small handmade tunic. Placing it in front of Icarus, Terra awaited for his reply.

[Thanks] thought Icarus as he lifted it in his hands.

“I’m not much of an artist but I believe it’s better than nothing.” replied Terra.

Quickly throwing the tunic over his head, Icarus felt a lot better about being around Terra. The tunic may have been a little bit too big, but it was a hundred times better than the cloth he was using.

[This is great] thought Icarus as he gave Terra a little spin.

“I’m glad you like it.” said Terra as she continued cooking.

After both Terra and Icarus had their fill of soup, Terra quickly packed up the rest of her belongings as started strapping her leather armor back on. Placing her pack onto her back, Terra scooped Icarus into her hand as she started off towards the road. Deciding to give Icarus a better seat, Terra secured Icarus to her shoulder with a lock of her hair.

“If everything goes well then you’ll get to meet my family in a little less than a week.” said Terra as she made her way onto the road.

[Are you excited to go and see them?] asked Icarus as he scooted closer to Terra’s head.

“A little bit, I haven’t been home in a while and I have a question for my mother once we arrive.” replied Terra.

[What do you want to ask her?] asked Icarus.

“I’m not telling.” stated Terra as she ruffled Icarus’ head.

“But you’ll find out later.”