- Text Size +
Chapter 27


The roar of the crowd was ever present as Terra continued to wrap her hands. Terra was a nervous wreck as her match with Lily was finally coming up next. Seeing as a single fight would be too boring, the village elders were somehow able to arrange several matches to excite the spectators. If her match with Lily wasn’t nerve wrecking enough, Icarus had yet to tell her of his plan. It must have been something to do with magic because Icarus has refused to walk or sit up since he awoke this morning. This wasn’t too much of a problem since Diane was more than happy to carry Icarus around.

At the moment Icarus was lying face down in Diane’s hand as she continued her massage. A loud roar from the crowd meant that the match was now over. Terra stood up nervously as the door opened. A worker instructed her that her match would begin in fifteen minutes.

[I guess it’s time] thought Icarus as he sat up.

As agreed, Terra looked in the back of her mind for the sphere that allowed Icarus access to his magic. Icarus shuttered as the feeling of magic ran through his body. Icarus shuttered as the feeling of magic ran through his body. Icarus didn’t know if it was going to work, but his only goal was to give Terra a fighting chance.

[Ready?] Asked Icarus as he held out his hands?

“As well as I’m ever going to be.” Replied Terra as she engulfed Icarus’ hands into her own.

Terra could feel a warm sensation start to pulse through her as Icarus’ stamina started to dwindle. This continued for a minute as the sensation continued to get hotter and hotter. It was close to becoming unpleasant before Icarus started speaking again.

[Once this is over, I might just miss your match] replied an exhausted Icarus.

“It’ll be okay.” Replied Terra as she felt Icarus start to tremble.

[Good luck] thought Icarus as the rest of his energy surged outwards to finish the spell.

Black spots swarmed his vision as the magic started taking effect. Terra was hunched over as a green light slowly started to shine around her. Icarus didn’t get to see the magic run its’ course as he fell unconscious in Diane’s hands.


Warmth started returning to Icarus’ arms and legs as he started to awaken. He felt a set of fingers gently shaking him. The smell of the palms meant that he was most likely in Diane’s hands. Icarus could have sworn she was telling him something, but everything sounded muddled to him. Shaking his head, Icarus first noticed the cheer of the crowd as his hearing started to return. The shaking grew a little stronger as Diane found that Icarus was awake.

“You’re going to miss Terra’s match.” Replied Diane as she placed her hands on the wall in front of her.

After a great effort, Icarus was finally able to fight off his drowsiness as his eyes focused on the event before him. Everything in the Giants’ village was, well gigantic. This fact did nothing to reduce the amazement that Icarus felt. Lily may have been far larger than anyone in the village, but even she seemed small as she stood in the middle of the coliseum.

She continued to parade around causing the crowd to cheer her name. Lilly seemed at in in this arena as she finally walked over to her starting area. As the crowd finally settled down, the main announcer started to introduce the challenger. Icarus could have cared less what the guy was saying. He was only interested in Terra. Straightening himself up, Icarus’ eyes was glued to the far off gateway.

[Good luck.] Thought Icarus as the bars started to rise.

Slowly bouncing from one foot to another Terra couldn’t help but smile as the crowd started to cheer as the gate finally opened. Thanks to Icarus, Terra was going to enjoy this match. It also helped that Icarus had finally woken up in time to see her fight with Lily.

Strolling forward, Terra giggled as she ducked slightly under the doorway. This wasn’t the first time that Terra had to duck to enter or exit a doorway, but it was still amusing considering that this doorway was made for giants. The crowd’s cheers intensified as they finally laid their eyes on Lily’s challenger. Lily on the other hand had to take another look as Terra walked towards her. Finally arriving in front of her, Lily was shocked that her once petite sister was looking her in the eyes. Actually Lily had to look slightly up.

“What happened?” exclaimed Lily as she checked her big sister from head to toe.

“Oh, you know just a ‘little’ growth spurt.” Replied Terra as she stood up on her tip toes and stretched.

Lily would have to estimate that the once small Terra was now standing at an even thirty five feet tall. Terra was too busy enjoying the fact that she was now bigger than her sister that she didn’t hear the bell that started the match.

Terra let out a grunt as Lily’s foot came in contact with her side. It didn’t hurt too badly, but it was still noticeable. Now alert Terra was easily able to catch Lily’s leg. Having never met a person who could withstand her kicks, Lily was caught off guard as Terra shot a hand forward. Grabbing ahold of Lily’s shirt and leg, Terra was easily able to throw her forty feet away. Lily had the wind knocked out of her as she collided with the ground.

It was true that Terra was a strong person, but growing up in a world that was twice her size had made her a lot stronger than she looked. Standing back up Lily charged head on at her sister.

Icarus watched on from Diane’s hand as the match progressed. Every time that Lily would try and initiate a grapple she ended up being tossed away by Terra. Icarus could tell that Terra was enjoying herself as she continued to fight Lily. Around the sixth time being thrown, Lily adopted a new strategy. Instead of trying to grapple Terra, Lily decided to try and slug it out.

This didn’t go as well as she had hoped. Terra was a natural born fighter from her years of living in the village. She had also built up her skills from working as a mercenary for the last few years. Lily on the other hand had never fought anyone as big as she was. She had always won her matches against opponents far smaller and weaker than herself. Needless to say, defense was not one of Lily’s strong points.

The one sided slugfest continued on for another six minutes until an uppercut from Terra sent Lily crashing against the ground. Terra stood in the center of the arena catching her breath as the announcer started counting. Terra had a few minor bruises here and there with a bloody lip, but Lily looked a complete mess. When the match was over Icarus would try and treat the two sisters with the stamina that he had remaining.

Icarus could feel a well of joy emit form his connection with Terra as she stood victorious in the center of the arena. The crowds cheer was nearly deafening for Icarus as the announcer finished the count.

[Two down and three to go] thought Icarus while covering his ears.

Terra just responded with a smile as she walked over to her sister. The crowds cheer became painfully loud as Terra helped Lily to her feet. Icarus didn’t get a chance to see the rest of the celebration as Dian carried him away. Icarus would have preferred to have stayed, but Diane could tell that the noise was getting to him. It was a semi-long journey to Terra’ locker room which gave Icarus enough time to think. Visleam and Calcibus were now in Terra possession which only left Aegis, Solidus, and harpianula left to retrieve. He’d have to talk to Terra in private about their next course of action. Another worry came to Icarus as Diane kept on walking. What were they supposed to do once they found all five treasures? According to Terra they were supposed to stop Gideon, but where and how would they stop him. Trying to relax, Icarus hoped that Terra would have an idea of what they would do next.


Hey guys, I've written another chapter but it doesn't follow what happens next. The chapter also gives away a ton of information. I need a couple of test readers to tell me if I should put this chapter in and where. Just leave a review and send me an email asap.
Chapter End Notes:
Just some advertising but check out my story 'There first time'