- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just finished another chapter and hope that you guys enjoy.
Day 6

Terra woke the next morning to the same dulled sound that she was used to. Taking the cloth out of her ears, Terra tried and failed to stifle a yawn. This didn’t go unnoticed as she was soon joined by the kid. Taking the water pale, the kid started to drink the little bit of what was left at the bottom. Putting the now empty pale down, the kid leaned back onto his arms as he closed his eyes. Terra was about to ask him how much progress he had made, but resisted seeing that the kid was taking a break. The silence was soon broken by the now familiar rumble of Terra’s stomach.

Snapping out of his trance, the kid stared straight at Terra. A look of concern was on his face as he reached over to grab his pack. Shuffling through it, the kid finally pulled out a fairly large sack. Holding on to it, the kid seemed to be having an argument with himself. Again he was interrupted as another rumbling sound filled the area. Finally giving in, the kid held out the sack with both hands for Terra to take. Slowly taking the sack, Terra wondered what he was hesitating about.

Looking into the sack, Terra found it full of mushrooms. Taking one out to examine it, Terra saw that it looked like any other mushroom. It had a dark brown cap with a lighter brown stalk. What surprised Terra was what was on the inside. After tearing the mushroom in half, Terra found that while the outside was dull and brown, the inside was sapphire blue in color. Popping it into her mouth, Terra found that it tasted delicious. Quickly grabbing a few more, Terra threw these in as well enjoying their flavor. Looking back at the elf, Terra noticed a look of acceptance on his face. Taking one out of the sack, Terra held it out for him to take.

Looking surprised, the kid gently pushed it back with a smile. Pointing to himself, the kid shook his head side to side, and rubbed his stomach. He then pointed to himself and made a motion of eating, then pointed over his shoulder. Guessing that this meant that he wasn’t hungry and that he had already eaten, Terra continued eating out of the sack. Getting back up, the kid grabbed the empty pale and made his way into the woods. Even though the mushrooms tasted delicious, they made her restless. She guessed that the mushrooms had nutrients to make her feel energized, but she would leave it at that.

The day continued on with the same as before. The kid would work for a few hours, and then take a break before going back to work. During his breaks, the kid would motion for Terra to tell him some of her stories. He did this by making a talking motion with his hands, point at Terra, and then putting his hands together like a book. Terra found it neat that she could understand his motions easier, but she guessed that it only took time. The kid seemed to really enjoy the stories of Terra’s adventures, but he would always get back up and continued to work.

Seeing that the sun was about to go down, the kid made his way into the forest with the now empty sack. It was a while before he got back but when he did, the kid was carrying full sack. Putting it down next to her, Terra looked inside to find a bunch of apples. They were small and green but it was better than nothing. Taking one out of the sack, the kid started eating one of them. Taking this as to start, Terra grabbed a few and started eating. The apples were hard and sour, but it was better than nothing. After finishing his apple, the kid grabbed his ax and started back up the tree. After finishing the last few, Terra stayed awake for a little while longer, until sleep over took her again.


Day 7

Terra woke up the next day to the same sound of the kid’s ax. Today though, another sound accompanied it. It took her a moment to remember what this sound was, until she opened her eyes. Rubbing the blur from her eyes, Terra finally found out where the sound was coming from. It was raining in the forest today, but for some reason only her legs where wet. Looking up, Terra noticed that a small shelter was made over her. It wasn’t anything complicated, just a few branches covered with tons of leaves.

Knowing that he must have made it in the night, Terra felt guilty that he was doing all this for her. It was a few moments later, when she was finally joined by him. Grabbing the pale of water, the kid took a couple gulps and laid it back down to collect more rain water. Because of the size of the shelter, he was easily within arm’s reach of her. Taking a few moments to look at the kid, Terra noticed black bags that were forming under his eyes. Leaning against his pack he motioned her to tell him another story. With the continuous sound of the rain, and Terra telling about her adventures, the kid seemed to be drifting off. Noticing him not paying attention, Terra traced where his eyes were staring and noticed that they were focused on her chest.

Terra was always proud of her looks, and would use often use these to get discounts when she went shopping. They were fairly large, but combined with her size they were huge. Deciding to have some fun, Terra used one finger to pull her top down a little. This revealed a swell of cleavage which seemed to knock the elf out of his trance.

“If you want a better look, all you had to do was ask.” said Terra with a sheepish grin.

Seeing that he was caught, the elf’s face changed from its usual pale color to a dark red. Quickly standing up, the kid pulled down his tunic with both hands and stumbled trying to escape. Finally correcting himself, the kid went back to work. Terra couldn’t suppress a giggle at the actions of this kid. Feeling somewhat guilty, Terra continued waiting was the rain continued. After a few hours, the rain finally stopped, and the kid decided to take another break. It was close to evening now, and the kid looked like he fell into a lake. Searching through his pack, the kid pulled out another set of cloths. This set was in the same shape as the one he had on now, but at least it was dry. Before taking off the tunic, the kid noticed Terra staring at him. Slightly blushing, the kid pointed to her and covered his eyes. Guessing that he didn’t want her to look, Terra nobly covered her eyes with her hands.

Feeling sure that she wasn’t peeking, the kid continued to change while turned way. Unable to resist the urge, Terra slightly moved her fingers so that she could peek. Standing a few feet away and completely naked, was the elf about to put on a tunic. What caught her attention something about the size of a regular human palm on the right side of his back? Before she could identify what it was, the green tunic covered it. Seeing that he was about to turn around, Terra quickly covered her eyes again. A few moments later, a tap on her arm told her that the kid was done.

After a few moments to hang up his clothing, the kid made his way back into the woods. Terra patiently waited for the kid to return, pondering what was the mark that she saw. A few moments later she was interrupted as the kid came out of the tree line with what she guessed was a root and some leaves. Sitting down close to her, the kid pulled out a knife and started cutting at the root. Seeing him struggle a little bit, Terra gently took the knife and started to cut the root up herself. After handing back the now diced root, the kid placed this into the water pale. Placing the pale over the water, the kid took the leaves and crushed them into the pale. After a while the soup was finished, and the kid motioned for Terra to get a bowl. Going through her pack, Terra produced her own bowl. Smelling the soup, Terra’s stomach gave out a low rumble.

Looking back at the kid, she saw him place his bowl down by his pack and put the ladle back in the pale. Grabbing the pale with some cloth, the kid poured the rest of its contents into Terra’s bowl. Happily digging in, they both continued to eat their soup in silence. It wasn’t much, but Terra was grateful for it. After finishing, Terra noticed the kid rubbing his hands gently together. Asking him to come closer, she took his hands in hers and examined them.

Terra was surprised to find that the pales of his hands had been worn down, and had already formed painful looking blisters. Looking up at his face, she noticed that he couldn’t look her in the face.

“You should have shown this to me earlier.” said Terra.

Tearing off a piece of her red shirt, she started to clean up his hands. After applying some first aid and wrapping his palms with the red fabric, Terra was satisfied with her work.

“You don’t have to work so hard.” said Terra quietly.

They were interrupted however by a loud rumbling of the stomach. What was different about this noise was that it wasn’t coming from her. Looking up, she noticed a slight blush on the kid’s face as he pulled his hands out of her grip. Grabbing his ax, the kid climbed back to the top of the tree and continued cutting. Terra started feeling guilty as the kid continued to work. A while later Terra noticed that his bowl was a just within arm’s reach. Grabbing it with her hands, she examined the inside to find that the bowl was dry.
Chapter End Notes:
I promise that you will learn more about him soon enough. Please tell me what you think of it so far. Also you can tell me what you think the thing on his back is and any other theories that you guys have.