- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Currently, I'm working on Chapter 10 for this story, and after that we only have two chapters let. Honestly, there's been no point when writitng this that I felt tired or felt like stopping. I truly enjoy writing this, and I'm sure you enjoy reading!

*Village Entrance, Early Afternoon*
We made it to the village a little while after the fighting, and the wound was not treating me well. The bandage was starting to wear out, and if I didn't get attention soon, the wound would fester and putrefy. Neither Kate or Brianna needed any direction this time around. Kate quickly and carefully set me down in front of the entrance, and I stumbled inside. People saw me and started recognizing me since I was carrying my weapons, which were weighing me down and making me lose my balance. A couple of people were running towards me, and caught me before I hit the ground.

"My word! You must be Isa! Don't worry son! We'll treat you and get you fixed up in no time!" One of the men carrying me said.

"Also, we'll make sure we look at your Giantess friends as well!" Another one assured me.

I put on a weak smile as I was carried off into one of the houses.

 

*Nighttime, Villager's House*
The moon was high over the sky and Kate, Brianna, and the majority of the villagers were already alseep. I however was awake inside one of the still it houses with my wound completely treated. It was properly bandaged over my shoulder and I was also eating soup and listening to the people talk.

"So, you're really set on facing The Goddess are you?" The elder asked.

"Yep. Gotta take back the land and return everything to the way it was." I said flatly, half lying at the same time.

"Well, if you're really sure you may want to listen in. Despite all of us fearing The Goddess immensely, we actually do have information about her." He stated.

This immediately caught my interest and made me lean closer in.

"Really?! Please tell me! The more I know, the better prepared I am for when I face her!" I begged.

"Alright, alright. One day people reported seeing a white light from above and from that light came The Goddess herself, a mega Giantess that left nothing but rubble in her wake. She built the castle that isn't far from here as a way to keep herself distanced from the people, especially because of her strong hatred towards men. No one knows why, but she simply does. She does however spare some women's lives and kill other women. The ones left alive show their appreciation by following her back despite the lives they lead beforehand, and worship her for what she is. In a way, it's like brainwashing. It's also said that she enjoys playing with the souls of the dead, reviving woman and making them her own personal puppets since they can't do anything else." He explained.

That was an eyebrow raiser. It wasn't that I didn't believe him, it was just that it could mean that with her Giantesses killing more and more people, she could have an endless supply of souls and eventually fill the land with nothing but Giantesses roaming free.

"It gets worse. The height that she was reportedly seen at was not even close to what she could become. It's said that sh can increase her height infinitely, so it's never certain how large she would be, or how much destruction and fear she will strike into people's hearts. And that's all it takes. Size and strength are the two things we people fear when it comes to the Giantesses; you'll never know what size they or The Goddess will be at next and when it could be the end."

That last note made my hair stand up on end. I already knew that The Goddess was the biggest among all the Giantesses, but just how big was or could she be? She could increase her height endlessly and destroy the whole world if she wanted, but she didn't. The world was more or less a plaything to her and all the other Giantesses.

"I can clearly see you're shocked boy. Still, I can't stop you if you're hard-set on doing this. Get some rest. You'll need it for tomorrow." He advised and left the room to leave me be.

He was right. I was shocked. But I didn't come this far just to turn tail and run away!  I pulled the sheets of the bed over myself and relaxed, falling asleep soon after.

 

*Late Night, Village Entrance*
Brianna was suddenly woken up by a strange sound, a sound that seemed to be rumbling. She decided to wake up Kate as well, as if it happened to be a late night attack from other Giantesses, they could avoid an almost repeat of what happened before.

"Kate, Kate wake up."

"Huh? Something worrying Brianna?" She asked still somewhat groggy from being woken abruptly.

"Yes. Something doesn't feel right..."

Almost instantly after she finished talking, a huge shadow zoomed past Kate and landed a deadly sucker punch, sending her flying and knocking her out on impact with the ground. Brianna quickly got to her feet and was on guard, so she wouldn't be as easy to take out. It was eerily quiet. Brianna was constantly turning herself to whatever sound she heard, unsure if it was whatever or whoever had knocked out Kate. Soon, a chill ran down Brianna's back and before she could turn around, she was struck in the back by another shadow, and fell unconscious upon hitting the ground.

 

*Near the Village Front, Morning*
I was feeling much better after everything that had happened yesterday. The wound was still recovering, but it was healing up nicely, and all of my supplies and weapons were prepped and prepared for anything. I wasn't prepared however, when I saw a Giantess that I didn't recognize at the village entrance, and that Kate and Brianna were gone! I unsheathed my sword prepared to face this Giantess and defend the village, but it seemed that the Giantess wasn't interested in crushing me or the village. Instead, she crouched down and put her hand in front of me with her palm open and said:

"If you want to see your friends again, you will come with me back to my Goddess' castle." She stated.

Even though I knew that this was obviously a trap, it wasn't like I was going to get there any sooner without any help, so I climbed into her palm and sat in the center of her hand. The Giantess lifted me sky high, and we began moving towards the castle, where I'd finally be able to end this...

Chapter End Notes:

Chapter 9 coming soon, and Chapter 10 currently in the works! I appreciate all the support so far!