- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy New Year! Let's start 2015 off with an entirely new slate and the first part of this grand finale chapter!

*?????:  Early Night*
As the blinding light faded, I began to familiarize myself with my environment. An amazingly large village replaced the throne room, filled with many houses and a couple of watchtowers. I took note of those as they could help me if I were to latch onto The Goddess with my chain sickles. Except the main issue was that she was nowhere to be found. What I heard next however was a snake-like voice that broke the silence:

"We're going to have some fun together aren't we?" She stated with such an eerie tone that it almost scared me.

I pulled out my sword and began looking around, and it seemed impossible that I couldn't find her because she'd be enormous compared to everything, but somehow she was gone. Suddenly, a huge shadow appeared around me and without thinking, I let go of my sword and dove out of the way, barely escaping being crushed. When her foot removed itself and moved only somewhat away, I caught a glimpse of what was left of the sword; bent into so many bad angles, there was no way I could even scavenge it. All I had now were the daggers and the sickles.

"Don't dissapoint me." She taunted me.

I didn't respond and scrambled for cover as her foot came down, once again, just barely missing me. In my mind, it didn't take a genius to know that she was enjoying this. As she said before, destruction is fun for her, and I was the best thing she could get her hands on. Which meant that she wasn't going to let me die easily, only after she became bored with me.

Despite the fact that all I could do was run and hide, I did have a plan in my mind: I would keep avoiding her, because I knew that right now, there was no way to reach The Goddess' head to finish her, even from the increased height of the watchtowers, which only came up to just below the knees. Climbing using the sickles was also out of the question simply because it would only be a matter of time before she'd grab me and squeeze me to death, as it was plainly obvious she was much more competent than the other Giantesses. What I hoped was that she'd eventually drop to her knees and start crawling around looking for me, since that would make the watchtowers taller that her, and would give me the perfect opportunity to dig my daggers into her neck and head. The only problem with this plan though, was that I tired myself out before she got to her knees, then I'd become helpless and would also be at her mercy. I didn't let that small issue keep me from following through with the plan. It wasn't very hard to know when she was about to stomp me; the shadows were a dead giveaway, but considering it was nearing night-fall, and the spots of shade, it occasionally threw me off. It seemed to be going well, but The Goddess had other plans.

"Playing hard to get huh? Okay then." She thought to herself, a smile forming on her face.

Instead of simply trying to stomp me, she started stomping the ground with immense force, causing deadly shockwaves that knocked me off my feet and they didn't, sent shocks through my body that that kept me shaking in a single spot. Both of these things allowed The Goddess more time to track me and when she did find me, her stomps grazed me almost every time and forced me to rethink my plan. I was forced to think on my feet and began racking my brain for another plan. It came to me quickly as I hid behind a small house. Looking through the window, I saw that no one was inside so I quickly ran inside and shut the door behind me; so that she wouldn't know which of the houses I was in. I lay down on the floor, inched towards one of the windows, and tilted my head so that I could see outside and keep track of The Goddess, but duck back down if she look in my direction. Meanwhile, it seemed that she had lost track of me, proven by the quizzical look on her face as she scanned the ground thoroughly, soon droping to her knees (as I hoped for) and crawling to get a better view of the ground. However, it wasn't all roses and fields of green grass, as she was also looking inside the empty houses and was unfortunately heading my way. I positioned myself parallel to the wall where the window hanged and stood perfectly still. It was just in the nick of time too, as The Goddess was looking inside the house I was in as if she already saw me within it. It seemed like hours went by before she turned around and kept looking. Once I knew she was gone, I crawled toward the house's back door and made my way to the watchtower closest to The Goddess. Its positioning was perfect, and she appeared to be once again thoroughly looking at the area in front of her and wasn't going to move anytime soo. It took one silent minute to get there and then I climbed up to the tower's nest. I pulled out the daggers and quickly surveyed the my target. A well-timed jump onto her upper back, followed up by two powerful slashes: one to the neck and the other to the back. I prepped myself and then jumped. My descent was a quick one and as I planned, I was on a perfect course for the target spots. However, in a split second, The Goddess turned around and caught me in her hands, perfectly ruining any chance I had to end this.

"Well that was close. You almost got me. But I will give you credit for your cunningness and sneakiness." She said plainly.

I wasn't sure how to react, so I stood there indifferent to what she said.

"I won't kill you yet, but now the real battle begins!" She shouted and another bright flash of light consumed us.

Chapter End Notes:

Part 2 coming soon! The true final battle of Human Vs. Goddess shall be among us!