- Text Size +

The lecture finished at around 11 am, both Claire and Georgia wondered how they managed to stretch it out over a two hour period. It was something that could have been done in twenty minutes. All that was discussed was lecture rules, upcoming assignments, the layout of the module and the most boring part referencing. Which apparently they were going to have a full lecture on next week on the proper way to reference quotes and authors when writing their assignments.

Georgia had fallen asleep in the first twenty minutes, it was dark and warm in Claire’s pocket, and she had only woken up when Claire got to get a coffee during the break.

‘Right, town then’ Claire spoke staring straight forward. She was talking to Georgia but appeared to everyone else to be a little crazy. ‘Sorry I meant to say that in my head’ she laughed it off, realising what she had done.  She picked up her bag and left.

As she was walking down an alley she noticed there was no one about.

‘I hope you don’t mind, but I won’t be speaking to you for a while’ she whispered down to Georgia who nodded in agreement, ‘just sit tight and we’ll get back home in a little bit. She lifted her head back up and continued walking. Georgia fell back and just let herself bounce and sway with Claire’s step. By now she was used to it.

Claire browsed through the various shops for a while until she came across a little hidden away gem. This was perfect, a dolls house specialist with furniture of all sizes. She found a double bed, it was made of real wood sculpted to the perfect size for a 3 inch doll.

She took it up to the counter and paid. It cost her almost £20, and she thought it was a little much for something so small but she needed it. It was just the frame and mattress but Claire figured that even though she wasn’t going to shrink Georgia’s bed down, she could shrink her bedding down as she’d brought that up here herself.

When she got back she took Georgia out of her pocket setting her on the table and produced the bed from her bag.

‘Cool’ Georgia said. She was actually a little disappointed not to be sleeping with Claire again, it had been one of the most comfortable night’s sleep she had had in a long time. ‘What about bedding?’

‘I’m just gonna shrink yours’

‘Why didn’t you just shrink the whole bed?’

‘I figured someone might care if a bed just disappeared’

‘And not a wardrobe’

‘They might not care so much if just one thing goes, you’ll probably have to pay for it’ Claire laughed.

There was no one else in the house as far as she could tell, Claire grabbed Georgia’s keys and headed for her room. Within thirty seconds she was back with two pillows, a double duvet and a quilted mattress protector with bed sheet all in the palm of her hand. She dropped the load on Georgia and laughed as she struggled free from the pile.

It was around two when she heard the knocking at her door.

‘Heeeellllloooooo’ Candice called from behind the door, ‘you in?’

Claire picked up the wardrobe and bed and put them into a desk drawer, she then picked up Georgia and did the same. She slid the drawer to, leaving it open just a bit.

‘Yeah’ Claire said, she went and opened the door. Candice was standing there.

‘Hey I’m going to go get some drink for tonight, are you ready?’

‘Just give me a minute’

Candice walked in and sat down on the bed, as Claire was putting her shoes back on and grabbing her bag. Candice’s eyes were scanning the room looking for any evidence of a shrink ray or Georgia.

‘Let’s go’ Claire said.

Candice looked a little disappointed she hadn’t seen what she wanted, ‘sure, what are you getting. I’m thinking vodka, mixers, and something sweet to shot.’

‘Do you want to split it?’ They left the room and Claire locked the door, ‘we could go halfsies.’

‘Sounds like a plan’ Candice said.

Georgia heard the front door shut and knew she was alone. She climbed onto her bed and lay back.

‘A little music or something might have been nice’ she muttered to herself, annoyed that she was now stuck in a drawer until Claire came back.

The loud bang of the front woke Georgia up, she tumbled out of bed in shock. The booming voices of girls chatting echoed through the hallway and she realised Claire and Candice must be back. She could hear the clinking of bottles. That’s one thing she missed, she wasn’t going to get to go to bars and clubs anymore. Not without fear of being stepped on. When Claire came in she was going to ask if she could join in on the drinking. Just the two of them having their own little party for a bit.

‘What are you wearing tonight?’ Candice asked.

‘I haven’t really thought about it. Actually I know, I’ve got a dress that I haven’t even worn yet. You’ll see it later.’

‘Ooh’ Candice went overenthusiastically, ‘I look forward to it. I think people are coming here about eight so we should start getting ready soon.’

‘Yeah cool. I’m gonna go for a shower in a bit so I should be ready soon.’ Claire left the kitchen and headed to her room.

Georgia heard the keys in the lock and stood up. She was definitely ready to get out of this drawer.

Claire came in, she dropped her bag by the end of her bed and went to check on Georgia.

‘Sorry I’ve been so long’ she said.

‘It’s okay, can you get me out of this drawer. I’ve been stuck in here forever’

‘Of course, hold on’ Claire walked over and locked the bedroom door, ‘Okay here climb on’ she lowered her hand in and Georgia clambered up on to her fingers and into her palm.

‘Claire, about tonight’

‘What about it?’

‘I want to join in’

Claire choked a bit in disbelief, ‘I thought you didn’t want anybody knowing yet’

‘I don’t, it’ll just be you and me before you start. I could do with a few drinks. You probably bought enough alcohol to spare a thimble full’ she laughed.

‘Me and you, drinks tonight. Yeah that sounds fun, a pre-drink to pre-drinks.’ Claire set Georgia down on her desk near her dock. ‘Are you alright here while I get ready?’

‘Yeah I’ll be fine’ Georgia smiled, ‘Hurry up though, the sooner the better’ she laughed again.

About ten minutes later Claire reappeared from the shower she had changed into some fresh underwear, Georgia noticed the matching set, black and lacy. She could see Claire already rifling through her wardrobe.

‘Ah here it is’ she exclaimed holding a dress like a trophy, she stepped into it and zipped up the back. ‘What do you think?’ she asked Georgia, pulling the dress taut and wriggling it across her chest to get comfortable.

Georgia looked up at her a little stunned. She hadn’t seen her like this before. It was a beautiful dress, a silvery grey, strapless, there was a thin black horizontal stripe running around the waist. Toward the bottom there was a black lace floral design embroidered into it that hung dipping slightly below the hem. It stopped just below the tops of her thighs showing off her legs.

‘Wow’ was all Candice could get out.

‘I’m glad you like it, I’ve just gotta straighten my hair and then I’ll be ready. How about a little music?’ She reached over Georgia and started fiddling with the iPod on the dock. ‘Ida Maria, yeah I think we need something fast to get us in the mood’ she pressed on the play button and went over to where her straighteners were.

As she did her hair she started singing along.

‘Find a cure, find a cure for my life, find a cure, find a cure for my life. Oh my god, oh you think I’m in control.’

Georgia sat amused. Claire actually sounded pretty good, she had softer voice and it sounded cute the way she was singing it. After the song ended and her hair was done she walked right over to Georgia. She lowered her face and Georgia found herself stood directly in front of a very large mouth that could easily swallow her up.

‘Let’s get our drink on’ she walked out of the room to get the drinks.

Georgia was excited. She could really use a drink.