- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It's hard improving as the story goes on since not many reviews are coming in. If you want to help the story's quality and even contribute to what happens in it please leave a review!

 

 

 

No one says a word after the little argument. Natalie is actually busy trying to find water, Michael's embarrassed and enraged, and Aren is super happy. After about ten minutes of continues search with the only noise coming from giant footsteps, she finds what she was looking for. "Bingo!" Natalie exclaims making Aren and Michael look forward rather down at the simple crushing of bushes. 

 

Everyone's eyes are on a what you can call a mini lake or a huge pond. Natalie's knees crash down once more causing a slight rumble. She drops the two boys close to her leg and uses her now free hands to scoop up some water. She drinks from her hand slowly. Once she's done sipping, the gigantic girl nods. "Fresh water, so what did you say about none of that being here Michael?" She says rhetorically looking down at him. 

 

Michael grinds his teeth and clenches his fists, but at the same time he's super relieved they won't die of dehydration. Without answering, he goes and starts scooping water himself. Aren does the same thing and seeing this Natalie goes back to it as well.

 

Once everyone drinks to the point that they've finally got there spill, Michael begins to speak but is cut off by Natalie before he can even get his second syllable in. "Alright!" She says clapping her hands loudly. Both Aren and Michael flinch a bit but she doesn't even notice. "We know where the water is now." She says pointing to a tree about three times her height and about twice as tall as the other trees. "Just remember that the tallest tree is where our water is."

 

Both Aren and Michael nod, Aren loving the follower role and Michael despising it. "Now what else do we need... We need fire, shelter, and food. Am I missing something?" She says falling back onto her bottom but keeping knees close to her chest since extending them will leave her legs in the water. Aren ponders for a second then shrugs nodding his head no. His friend on the other hand crosses his arms and refuses to help this to him idiotic idea. He knows it's working, but once Michael really commits to an opinion he'll never let it go.

 

Natalie squints at Michael as she he starts to really get on her nerves. She sighs loudly. "Alright, shelter will take a long time to build." She looks up to the sky and sees the sun getting close to setting. "Let's make a fire and get food tonight." She stands up and picks up her two boys, one in each fist as usual. Making a fire won't be too hard, but the whole food thing is another story. There doesn't seem to be any fruiting plants here and even if there were Natalie would have to eat a crazy amount to get full. 

 

Natalie gulps, she has to hunt. "D-Do you guys think you can be alone for like... sometime?" The towering teen asks as she her blue eyes peer back and forth to the boys in her hands. Michael is quick to answer, "Of course." Aren on the other hand isn't too sure about the whole thing. "W-Why?" He mutters.

 

"W-Well... I have to like... hunt." Natalie shrugs and bites her lip awkwardly. "You two will slow me down since my hands are full and I may have to be running full speed and all. I think I'll just put you at the beach then go quickly and bring some wood and food. H-How does that sound little ones?" Aren puts all his trust in his crush once more and nods. Michael responds with a quick and simple, "Little ones?"

 

Natalie starts walking back the way she came to go to the shore. "Yah, you don't like it? Aren does, don't you?" Aren blushes a red brighter than the red caused by called a Little one. "See?" Natalie asks putting her eyes back on Michael. "Well don't call me that." Michael replies grouchily. Natalie tries taking another deep breathe to calm herself but the effects from Michael's attitude is building up to fast. 

 

"Why not?" She asks him in a way that he can easily tell she irritated. Aren looks on curiously. "Because I don't like to be called that, no shi-..." He's cut off. "But it matches you. You are little aren't you. I'm pretty sure you're a pipsqueak." She tries to keep the stern face but can't help but giggle at her own comment. Michael's face turns to one of both surprise and anger. 

 

"H-Hey I'm not little!" He says sounding super offended. "You're just big, how would you like it if I called Big one or something?" He says thinking he's proved his point. Natalie thinks for a tiny moment. "I wouldn't like it, but you won't call me that." She says simply. "And why's tha-..." Cut off once again but the teen titaness. "Because I'm bigger than you." She in particularly cute voice to add a bit of irony. 

 

There's a long pause from the spoiled boy. "S-So?" He says unsurely. "So everything!" Natalie answers quickly. "I don't know if you've noticed but I'm like the whole team right now, so just let me do my thing how I want. Okay?" Michael pauses again. He looks over to Aren who doesn't say one word to back him up, yet again ditching his long term friend for Natalie. Michael peeps out a quick, "Okay." He drops his head, not being able to believe he was attracted to her for even a second.

 

Natalie nods as she keeps on walking along, the shore is close. She's happy she's put Michael in her place and really wonders how many more times she'll have to do so until he's not a pain in the ass. Her plush lips pout and Natalie gently slides her thumb under his chin and slowly tilts his head back up. Michael's sad brown eyes meet her now gentle blue ones. "Don't think I wanna argue Michael." She says softly. "You just make things harder when you're so against everything, you know?" Michael doesn't respond. He listens to what she says but he's lost in her eyes. Aren looks on quietly as usual.

 

"You know?" She asks again but Michael still stares blankly at her. "Yoo hoo... Mikey..." She says moving her thumb from under his chin and waving it in front of him. Michael shakes his head and blinks a few times. "W-What?" Natalie sighs. "Did you hear anything I just said?" That little moment had no other effect that leaving contemplating on whether he likes her or not. 

 

She then the fifty foot teen steps out of the forest and back onto the now cooling sand due to the sun going further and further down. "Anyways!" She says bending over and putting both of them down and deciding to drop the Michael dilemma for now. "I'll be back in no time, take care of yourselves and pleas stay safe!" She runs off in a dash back into the forest in a crazy hurry before something notices her two vulnerable friends.

 

Aren and Michael haven't had much of a full on conversation since the beginning of the boat ride, it's been just a small exchange of words or an argument, and that's not gonna change just yet. Natalie disappears into the woods with thundering footsteps as she runs off. Once she's out of sight Aren is pushed right to the ground. He falls over and looks up at Aren covered in some sand. 

 

"What the hell man?" Michael says letting all the built up anger out now that no one can stop him. "We've been friends so much longer than we've been friends with Natalie, why do you keep agreeing with her?" He says looking down furiously as Aren lays there. "C-Calm down man, have you ever thought that you could be wrong?" He says sitting up and putting his hands up innocently like last time. 

 

"Who cares if I'm wrong? You're supposed to get me back! You know I would get yours! And what was with you snitching on me?" Aren bends down and grabs Aren's shirt near the collar. He pulls him back up on his feet, still keeping his shirt in his fist. "You've got so much explaining to do dude... so much!" Aren tries to pry his fingers open but there's no chance. 

 

"F-First of all, don't yell..." He whispers, Michael can hear since he's holding him close. "Something can hear us, and if you hadn't noticed Natalie's not here." Michael raises his knee into Aren's crotch out of nowhere. He's been having to keep in anger he's been releasing on the spot his whole life, and he's already starting letting it all out. "Exactly! Natalie's not here! Which means you can't be a stupid little kiss up and I can teach you a lesson!"

 

Michael isn't an idiot at all, he knows Natalie will be eventually and see this, he's just so mad he doesn't care one bit. The now vulnerable Aren is too good of a target to pass up. Aren falls to his knees in pain holding his crotch tightly. He coughs and tries to catch his breathe. "M-Michael g-g-get it t-together... stop... please..." He whimpers. Michael stands over him powerfully, loving getting his crown back. "What, your little girlfriend isn't here to protect you?" He says mockingly. 

 

Aren grinds his teeth and with new found knowledge that Michael is nowhere near invincible, tries to fight back. Still in great pain, he kicks Michael's leg from the ground as hard as he can. "Oww!" The elder of the two exclaims almost tripping from the kick. Michael quickly turns his dominant right hand into a fist and punches Aren right in the face. Aren falls back from his sat up position and covers his eye. Michael catches his breathe and plops down in the sand calming down next to the near knocked Aren.

 

"S-Sorry... but you so had that coming dude, so had it coming..." He says running his fingers through the know cold sand as the sun goes thought its dying minuets of that day. Aren cries softly with two hands over his know black eye. "It's not even funny how fucked I am when Ms. Big Bitch comes back, but hell that was worth it." Michael says laying on his back as the sound of footsteps start to come back.

 

Sure enough Natalie jogging back covered in a light layer of sweat. She has a whole bunch of branches tucked under her arms and laying lifeless on her shoulder is a raptor, a member of the same species that nearly killed Michael. It doesn't seem to have external injuries but it's laying in way that spine in one piece wouldn't allow.

 

She walks over and puts down the wood and her prey before putting her hand over her heart. "Thank goodness you guys are okay, you have no idea how hard that all was but I did it!" She says sitting down and grabbing two branches. She rubs them together and the speed and friction caused by a mighty being rubbing too strong branches together gets a firing going almost immediately. She drops in shock at first but then piles more wood on top of it and in no time a camp fire is made.

 

She picks up the raptor by the tail and eases it onto the fire about the size both her feet together. With her job finally done, she can gets to get a better look at the boys. "So what were you guys..." Her eyes widen as she leans in close to them and sees Aren softly crying. The only light source is now the fire, this marks the beginning of the first night on where ever they may be.

 

"A-Aren, buddy, did you really miss me that much?" She uses her fingers to effortlessly move his hands off his face and she gasps as his swollen eye comes to view. With a shocked look on her face, she oh so slowly turns to Michael who now of course is having second thoughts about his actions. This is the final straw, if this survival thing is really gonna work Michael is gonna have to be dropped into place, dropped hard. 

 

Michael's mind races with regrets as Natalie's eyes leave him, he just continues to sit as she does in the bright glow of the large pile of burning wood on the sand. She looks back to the crying teen and eases her hands under him and then scoops him up. "Aww..." She says heartbroken. "I sh-should've left you alone with him." Aren covers his swollen eye with one hand and uses his free arm to hug her thumb. 

 

"I'll get to you really soon I promise!" Natalie says reassuringly as she uses the index finger of her free hand to undo the single button of her breast pocket. She gently drops Aren inside and lightly pats it. "But you're gonna stay there for now, and no peeping..." Her blue eyes leave the pocket go back to the onlooking Michael as she buttons the single button back up. Natalie cracks her knuckles. "This m-may get a little ugly

 

Expecting to see a hand coming towards him, Michael gasps as Natalie's toes plow through the sand getting closer and closer to him as she extends her leg further and further.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

It's hard improving as the story goes on since not many reviews are coming in. If you want to help the story's quality and even contribute to what happens in it please leave a review!. Like do you think Natalie's hunt should've been written out, let me know!