- Text Size +

Alison could hear the sirens of the police quickly approaching, although they wouldn’t be able to do much.  What damage would a bullet do to someone as monstrous as her? 

            “We did it!”  Mark shouted after he overcame the shock of plummeting, only being saved at the last second.  He shook Chuck’s unconscious body to make sure that he was unconscious.  He didn’t respond.  Mark sent up another triumphant cheer at his victory against the hero. 

            “I guess so.”  Alison replied, a little surprised that the devise worked so well.  She had faith in Marcus, but this all seamed so impossible.  But why question a good thing?  “What’s next?” 

            “I need to figure out what to do with our friend here.”

            “Hmm.  Any ideas?”

            “Well we could kill him, but I don’t really want to.”  He really didn’t.  Even though Chuck was an idiot, and a pain, he didn’t want to see his friend die.  And he was sure he could think of something fun to do with him.  “Why don’t we try to set up camp?”

            “What do you mean?”  She asked

            “I mean level a couple of buildings a make a spot where we can lay down and relax.”

            Alison thought about it for a moment.  Why not?  She had done most of the work already, if you even want to call it work.  There were only three buildings still standing near her, but she would need to clear out some of the rubble.  Still not a huge deal though. 

            She slammed her hand into each of the three buildings, each crumbling easily under the force.  Once the dust cleared enough, she began pushing around the rubble with her feet.  After a few minutes she had constructed a rather large circle of clear ground surrounded by a tall wall of debris.  It was large enough for her to lie down in, and she figured that would be enough.  She placed the two boys down on the ground carefully, and then sat down herself.  The ground felt rather could under her butt and she squirmed around trying to get comfortable. 

            “So what now small fry?”  She asked.

            “Don’t call me small fry!”  He shouted back. 

            “Why not?  You fit the description?” 

            “It’s degrading.”

            “So?  Nothings to degrading for a bug as small as you.”  She said with an evil smile crossing her face.  Mark was feeling a little unnerved at the conversation.  He hoped it wasn’t going anywhere bad, although he had a feeling it was.  He looked around for a way to escape, just in case, but the wall of debris she had made was much to big.  Even when she was sitting, it came up almost to her shoulders. 

            “I’m not a bug.”  He said back, more cautious than he was a moment ago.

            “Listen bug.”  Alison said, a hint of mockery in her tone.  “I’ve been thinking.  You’re really no different than the other bugs I stepped on today.  From now on I give the orders.”

            “I created you!” 

            “And I thank you for that, which is why you’re still alive.  But you’re going to have to work for your life.”

            “No!  When we started this, we agreed that I would lead!”

            “Not much to lead.  All I have to do is smash stuff.  Nothing can hurt me.”

            “Your insane!”

            “And you’re a bug, along with tiny chuck over there, and if you want to live, you better start working.”  Mark was amazed at the turn of events.  One second he was on top of the world, the next he was a slave.  He had no other options.

            “What do you want me to do?”  He asked, not making eye contact with the giant.  His emotions ran through him, each urging him into action, to do something about the humiliation he was forced to endure, but what could he do?  Weather it was bullies at school, or his giant friend, he was just to small. 

            “That’s a good bug.  How about you clean my feet a bit.  The gunk is really starting to annoy me.”  She placed one massive foot in front of him.  He was barely as tall as the smallest toe, completely dwarfed by the massive appendage.  It was covered with the carnage of the city.  Partially covered with the dirt and dust of the buildings, partially with the blood of her victims.  He could even see some body parts still stuck to her massive sole.  Nothing identifying, but enough to gross anyone out.  He gaged the first time he saw it, but soon got over his fears.  He pressed himself up to her foot, and started clearing away as much as he could. 

            He worked quickly; pulling away chunks of stone that had been glued to her sole, the immense pressure from her body virtually fusing them to her remarkably soft skin.  There wasn’t as much blood as there first appeared to be.  Most of it didn’t stick.  After a little bit he found himself enjoying it.  He wasn’t expecting his day to turn out like this, but Mark always tried to make the best out of a bad situation. 

            Alison was also enjoying her foot rub, but it was getting boring.  She wanted to crush something again, but everyone had fled, or was already thoroughly crushed.  Mostly just crushed.  Then she noticed movement down by her foot.  Chuck rolled over, rubbing his head.  He was awake!

            Chuck opened his eyes wearily.  He had forgotten where he was, or what had happened.  The sky above him was blue for the most part, but clouds of dust and ash blurred his vision, darkening everything around him.  He tried to rub the dust from his eyes but it was no use.  The thin cloud was all around him.  He looked around at the enclosure that had been constructed.  Finally his eyes found his capture, and the events of the day came rushing back to him. 

            He jumped to his feet, fists up and ready for a fight.  He did it a bit to quickly, and he was overcome with lightheadedness, stumbling about for a second before finally finding his baring’s.  The giant was chuckling to herself as she watched the silly antics of the hero. 

            “Having fun?”  She asked mockingly.

            “A little.”  Mark burst out, thinking she was talking to him.

            “Well that’s good bug, but I was talking to chuck.”  Mark stopped rubbing and turned toward Chuck.  Both Him and Chuck were covered in dust and dirt, although Mark was a little bit worse after his bloody foot rub. 

            “I’m feeling fine.”  Chuck shouted back, regaining some confidence.  “So fine I think I’m ready for a fight!”  He jumped into the air, his fist out in front of him, poised to collide with the giant’s face.  But it didn’t work.  Chuck found himself basically floating in mid air, only flying a few inches above the ground.  He looked down, trying to find the source of the problem.  Alison saw her opportunity and took it.  She brought her hand up, and then quickly smashed it down onto the little superhero below, flattening him to the pavement.  The palm of her hand pressed into him, squeezing the air from his lunges.  She took her hand away.  Chuck stayed down inside her massive handprint, his head spinning from the blow.  It didn’t really hurt, just dazed him. 

            “Wondering why that didn’t work?”  Mark called out to the tiny figure.  “’Cause of this!”  He held up the golden sphere, it shining brightly, even through the haze. 

            “And what’s that?”  Chuck asked after lifting his head up just enough to see the shiny object his friend held up.

            “This my friend, is the unnamed tool that I used to destroy you!”

            “Unnamed?  Your creativity knows no bounds.”

            “Shut up!  It takes away your powers!  Or, most of them at least.” 

            Chuck stood up, his body leaving an imprint in the crushed concrete.  His head was still spinning, but not as bad anymore.  He tried to think of a plan.  He couldn’t just insult his way out of this, although that had worked once before when the alien overlord Kalzbu had come to earth and… well that’s its own story.  One that would not help Chuck. 

            “But don’t worry!”  Alison said, her voice echoing of the walls.  “I don’t want to kill you.”

            “Great.”  Chuck said, sensing a but. 

            “But!”  There it was.  “You and Mark are going to be my toys.” 

            “And if I say no?”

            “Then I step on you.”           

            “And if I live?”

            “You want to take that chance?”  He had to admit; with his powers weakened he wouldn’t have much of a chance at survival.  He might live, but it really wasn’t worth it to find out.  At least Mark had been kind enough to provide him with a way out.  All he needed to do was destroy that orb.  He had no idea how, but he would find a way.  He always found a way. 

            “Now why don’t you help Mark clear off my feet?  I’m sure four hands are better than two.”

            Chuck reluctantly went over to her outstretched foot, next to Mark.  He started rubbing it, and Mark did the same.

            “So she has you on rubbing duty to?”  He asked.

            “Yeah.  Better than being squished.”

            “I guess, but what happened?  Weren’t you in charge before.”

            “I was.”

            “She figured out that she didn’t need to take orders from you?”

            “Yeah.”  He mumbled, unwilling to outright say he had been such an idiot.

            “Well you know how this is going to end.”

            “Yeah?  How?”  Mark replied, eager to hear his almighty explanation. 

            “One, she eventually gets bored, and squishes both of us.”  Mark didn’t say anything.  “Two, she uses us as a foot toy, and probably worse, for the rest of our undoubtedly short lives.”  He still didn’t reply.  “Or three, we get out of here.”

            “And how would we do that?”  Mark said, his hands pressing into the warm squishy balls of her feet. 

            “I was hoping you could tell me that.”

            “I don’t have a plan!”  Mark yelled, outraged.  He thought Chuck actually had a plan.  Nope.

            “Well can’t you shrink her?” 

            “Maybe, if I could get my hands on some stuff to make a potion.”

            “OK.  Well could you give me my powers back?”

            “I guess, but I don’t want to.  I would rather die at the feet of Alison then have to be rescued by you!” 

            “Fine.”  Chuck said, annoyed at his friend’s stubbornness.  “Tell me if you change your mind.” 

            “Not going to happen.”

            “Then shut up and rub!”  He did as he was told. 

 

            They continued their act of servitude for a while after that.  Each rubbing against Alison’s massive foot, trying to please their new overlord, all the while hating it, and trying to find a way out.  Something that would get them away from this monster, and eventually, a way to stop her.  But what could bring down something as powerful as her?  She toppled buildings like they were a child’s toys! 

            Time went on, and neither of the tow boys could think of any plan that had even the slightest chance of working.  All they could do was keep rubbing, and hope that something would come along and save them.  Then they heard a noise.  It broke through the silence of the dead city that had so far only been disturbed by the crumbling of the rubble around them.  Now a high-pitched wine was surrounding them, growing louder by the second.  Even though the boys looked around, they couldn’t see anything.  The sky’s were clear, the source, unknown.

            Alison sat up, finally hearing the sound, but not worried.  She was after all, an all-powerful giant.  She only looked around out of curiosity, and the possibility of killing some more stupid bugs. 

            Two black blurs flew at unparalleled speeds overhead, only visible to the threesome for a second, parting the cloud of dust as the passed overhead.  All three pairs of eyes opened wide in amazement, but only for an instant. 

            Four sets of missiles found their target, hitting, and exploding on contact with the giant’s face.  Huge balls of fire, each as big as the monsters head, lit up the sky.  Alison fell back, both hands holding her face in pain, her screams echoing of the rubble, louder than the explosions around her. 

            Chuck grabbed Mark, and pulled him as fast as he could away from Alison, and not a moment to soon.  She quickly pulled herself backwards, kicking her legs frantically, slamming her feet into the ground where the two had been standing only moments before. 

            Stone and concrete flew into the air as Alison rolled over to her side, still clutching her head, but no longer screaming.  She calmed down, no longer kicking about.  Both Chuck and Mark ran now, full speed away from her, so far unscathed. 

            Then the wine of the jet engines came back, slowly growing louder just like last time.  Alison rolled over onto her knees, her eyes burning with a rage unparalleled. 

            The black blurs approached again.  Both of the boys threw themselves to the ground, braced for the impact.  But Alison was not about to go down without a fight. 

            She swiped in the air, as quickly and as deadly as she could manage.  Her fist managing to clip the tail of one of the black blurs, sending it spiraling into the distance, soon crashing to earth in a fireball of death. 

            The missiles hit again, but this time only managing to hit her arm.  The blast blew her hair back, and framed her face in a hellish light that perfectly suited her, amplifying the anger in her eyes. 

            For the third time, the jet came back, ready to carry it’s mission out to the very end.  It readied its missiles, flying at break neck speeds to meet the giant, aiming for her eyes, ready to fire. 

            Alison crouched low, raking her fingers into the ground, grabbing as much dirt and stone as she could, preparing for her counter offensive.  When her ears picked up the sound of the jet’s engines working at full force, she threw all the she had into the air, the debris blocking out much of the sky for the two onlookers below her. 

            The plane sped into cloud, not being able to doge it quick enough.  A large stone crashed into it, breaking the glass to the cockpit, and killing the pilot instantly.  The plane crashed into another huge bolder, exploding in a cloud of flames, it’s missiles doing the same. 

            The stones fell the earth seconds later, spewing up clouds of dust and dirt.  Then all sound stopped.  Deadly still, not a single being moving, save for Alison’s chest as she breathed heavily. 

            She looked down, blood starting to flow from a gash in her forehead.  Her golden hair hanging at her shoulders, her eyes no less angered then they were before. 

            “Chuck!”  She screamed, searching for her captors.  She found their tiny bodies quickly, and grabbed them both, holding them into the air. 

            Ever since mark had blessed him with superpowers, Chuck hadn’t felt fear.  Always sure that his strength could win out, but now was different.  He couldn’t speak.  He couldn’t take his eyes away from the giant, dirt covered face in front of him. 

            “They shouldn’t have done that.”  She said menacingly.  “I think its time we move on from this city.”

Chapter End Notes:

debris is spelled with an "s".  Who knew?