- Text Size +

I'm not very good with introductions, so I guess I'll just start with my life story.

My Name is Charlie.  I'm just an average guy who lives in a small rural town just outside of Annapolis, Maryland.  Which is about 30 minutes from Baltimore and Washington DC respectively. I'm 19, and I'm about to finish up my first year at my local community college.

I used to have a group of friends that I hung out with all the time in High School, but almost all of them left to go their separate ways when it came time for college. Once they left, I was for the most part alone. I was an only child, and my Dad had died when I was 11 years old. My mom works as a lawyer, and spent most of her time at work. Occasionally, she would have business trips to go on, leaving me home alone most days.

I'm not a very active guy. I'm a guy who doesn't really talk that much unless it's to family or friends, or if I'm behind a keyboard on internet forums. I've never really dated a girl before. I didn't do any extra-activities after school, and I didn't have a job yet. Most of my days would include going to class, going to the gym every few days,  doing any homework or projects for my classes, play video games or watching movies, or just surfing the internet and chatting on forums.

Not the most interesting life in the world I guess. But a lot of this was about to change.

One night I was hanging out with Mark, my only real friend who still lived in town. We were hanging out at his house because his parents and little brother were out for the night, and we could have the whole house to ourselves. Final exams were about to start up at the college, so we used tonight as a study night with a little bit of gaming here and there.  

It was a really dark and stormy night that night. It was May and it was right in the middle of a massive storm system. One of the worst we've had all year. The rain was coming down really hard, and the wind was whipping  the trees back and forth. Lighting striking all around and some extremely loud thunder.  

It was about 11:00 PM when I told him I needed. to leave.

"You sure you don't want to stay the night?" Mark called, "The storm is looking pretty nasty."

"Thanks for the offer," I replied, "But If I stay here with you, we'll be up all night, and I need to get some sleep before my first final tomorrow."

"All right then, but be careful." Mark warned,  "The roads can flood over sometimes in weather such as this."

"Thanks, man. Have a good night"

"You too."

 

I ran as fast as I could to my car and drove out of there. Man, Mark wasn't kidding when he said to be careful. The rain and wind were really wicked, and you couldn't really see much out there. The power was out in some areas as well, because some of the street lights weren't on. So as I made my way down the main road back to my house when I noticed a construction fence blocking the road. I should have known better. The road went right over a small creek in this area, and it must have flooded over. Well great. I made a quick U-turn backwards, and back the way I came. I knew another way back to my house from here. It was a long country road that passed through massive old farm lands, and a thick forest, both that were home to massive mansions. The road wasn't very well lit, and it was difficult to see some wicked turns coming.

Everything was going pretty well until:

KA-BUMP!

I ran over something sharp, and I realized I had a flat tire. I pulled off to the side of the road into a gravel driveway of sorts. I took out my flashlight to inspect the damage. The rain was coming down even harder now. Within seconds, my entire body was soaked. I knelt down in the mud and checked my tire. The damage didn't look too bad,  and I didn't really want to change the tire in this awful weather.

So I hopped back in my car and thought I could try and get home to change the tire. But now my car just wouldn't start. Great. So I was stranded out on an empty road on a stormy night. I got my phone out to try and call for help. No signal. Just fucking great. Now I really was stranded. I had to do something. And then it hit me. The road I was pulled onto looked like a drive way. Maybe there would be a house at the end with people who could help. So I got out of my car again, into the massive storm again, and began to walk down the spooky driveway to see what laid at the end of it.