- Text Size +

            For the first time since my transformation, Rhodora was out.  She had gone to the store, and I missed her terribly.  I still felt amazing in my new chair-form, and I could only dream about what else I could be. 

            At the moment, I sat pushed slightly under Tommy, the table.  Several others of Rhodora’s flock had become chairs to make a set, and we sat talking.  Yes, it would have sounded ludicrous in my previous life, but here, in Rhodora’s house, it was true.  The table and chairs were conversing.

            The discussion turned to how the others had met Rhodora, and Tommy broke in with his story. 

            “She was standing by a beautiful cherry wood table in an antique shop I used to visit.  Well, I practically lived there.  I loved to go there and look at the objects, imagining what it was like to live in a time when they were used.   I was an accountant, I had no social life, no girlfriends…so I hung out in antique shops.   I don’t know what gave me the courage to talk to Rhodora, but I just needed to.”

            We all looked at each other, understanding him completely.

            “She wanted the table desperately, but it was way out of her price range.  We started talking, eventually dating, and I vowed to get that table for her one day.”

            “How did you find out about what she could do?” asked Jake, presently in the form of a flowerpot.

            Tommy’s voice sounded like he was blushing, but it wasn’t like we could tell, considering he was made of wood.  “It’s kind of embarrassing.”

            “Listen, we all like and enjoy this kind of thing.  Entertain us!  Give us the nasty details,” cried a chair whose name was Steven, I believe.

            Tommy made a gulping-like sound.  “Okay, you asked for it.  One day we were on my bed, and she was staring into my eyes.  ‘You have a fantasy.  Tell me!’  she demanded.  I don’t know how she understood this, and I’d never dared to tell anyone else, but I had to tell her.

            “’I want to be shrunk down so I can…touch a lady…there-’  I pointed between her legs, ‘Then I want her to shrink down and touch me…here.’  And you know exactly where I pointed.”

            “That is…damned nice…” Jake whispered hungrily.  “I need to do that…both of those.”

            “Me too,” several of the other objects agreed.

            “She made me stand between her legs on the bed, and suddenly the air was rushing in my ears, and…euphoria was running through me!  I was shrinking, and it felt amazing!  Every part of me was tingling and miniaturizing…and there I was, right where I wanted to be!  I didn’t understand a bit of it, but it didn’t matter!  I was so happy, and I don’t think I ever made a woman happier than at that moment!”

            “I believe that,” I said.

            “Then she cupped me in her hand, put me to her lips, and kissed me.  ‘Your turn,’ she whispered.  She placed me beside her, and I began to enlarge to my normal height.  And that feeling of growing bigger…well, that’s probably why I like to be big things.”

            There was a general titter around the room.

            “Then she shrank.  Watching her grow smaller turned me on to no end, and the bliss in her face made me so happy.   She was beautiful even at the maybe five inches she now stood, and she grasped and rubbed me…Oh, God!  I need to do that again!” he cried, laughing.

            “The next day, I tried to buy the table at the antiques shop.  I needed to thank her for…everything.  But the table was already sold, and I felt horrible.

            “I told her how I had planned to purchase the table, but it was gone, and that’s when she had me to her house.   I discovered all that she was capable of.  I wanted to join her.  I wanted to serve her.  ‘Would you like to be the table for me?’ she asked.  And after a long discussion, I agreed.  And as you well know, the transformation is just…amazing.  I never get tired of it.  The growing, the stretching, the hardening into wood…” he sighed.  “We are so lucky to know her.”

            At that moment, Rhodora herself walked in.  She carried a bag of fish food in her hand.  “Who wants to be a fish tank?  I have the urge to turn into a fish.  Anyone else want to join me?”

            A chorus of ‘yeses’ rocked the room.