- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Date In-Story: Tuesday. October 22nd, 2013.

Sarah: 4'8"

Tyler: 5'1"

For Sarah and Tyler, Tuesday morning broke with artificial lights rudely switching themselves on at 7:30AM. Neither Dr.Hallman nor Ms.Hayes were in the room, but they were certainly within the building. Perhaps even watching what was about to unfold as Sarah's eyes strained to open. Feeling groggy and sluggish - as if she was waking up from a late night out with the girls.

"Ugh..." She groans lightly, her eyes only half open and blurry as she pulls the sheets in closer to her body. Not yet noticing the looseness of her panties or bra.

(What the hell?) Tyler thinks to himself, being quicker on the wake than Sarah as he certainly notices the looseness in his boxers. He even felt smaller - not just there, but everywhere. (Maybe I'm still dreaming...) He thinks to himself as he goes to sit up, looking over towards Sarah across from himself. Still looking as though she sought further sleep as she shut her eyes once more.

He stands up to his feet, his eyes widening as his boxers fall straight to the floor around his ankles. "Shit." He mumbles quietly and worriedly, leaning down quickly and plucking them up. Hoping Sarah hadn't noticed and feeling relieved to see her eyes still shut as he holds his boxers up to cover his waist.

(What's... Going on?) He thinks to himself as Sarah reaches up to rub her eyes once more, opening them and yawning.

"Morning." She says as she goes to turn her head, beginning to notice the strange sensations around her chest and waist now.

"Y-Yeah, morning..." Tyler says in response, a tad distanced.

"Something wrong?" Sarah asks as she goes to sit up herself, her bra falling down and onto the bed in her lap. She looks down confusedly, groggily not connecting what had happened before snapping to reality and quickly covering her chest with her blankets and wondering if it had come undone in her sleep. But there was something very off about its appearance. In fact, there was something very off about a lot of things right now that she simply couldn't put her finger on.

"I just... Uh, well, I dunno." Tyler says, "Call me crazy, but I think I got shorter last night." He says,

"Shorter?" Sarah asks, looking back up and over.

"My boxers don't fit anymore and I don't feel nearly as tall..." He trails off.

Sarah narrows her eyes a bit, looking down to her bra as she swings her feet off of the side of the bed and goes to stand up herself. Just the same as Tyler before her, her panties fall to her ankles - ushering a gasp and a light shriek as she quickly covers her waist with the blanket.

Tyler looks down to the floor at Sarah's feet,

"You too?" He asks.

"I... I don't know..." Sarah says, swallowing hard. She turns her attention downwards, staring at the floor and feeling an immediate rush of panic desiring to overtake her. She wanted to suggest that maybe their clothing simply got bigger during the night. But that sounded even more ludicrous to her than the notion of shrinking in height for some reason.

"Do you..." Tyler goes to suggest something but is quickly cut off by Sarah,

"Think we should go and tell Dr.Hallman?" She asks, nodding vigorously.

"That's probably a good idea." Tyler says as he reaches down to pick up his jeans. "Hold on, I'm going to see if I can get my jeans on." He says, pulling them up and on and tightening his belt nearly as tight as it will go. Throwing his T-shirt back on as well which drapes over his torso much like a dress.

Sarah quickly doing the same, "We'll never get our shoes back on." She says, "I can't believe this... This has to be some kind of practical joke, right? They just... Somehow... Swapped our clothes out for new ones, right?" She asks, trying not to let her fear get the best of her.

"I hope so..." Tyler admits as he begins for the door with Sarah following closely beside.

It wasn't long before the two panicking individuals had reached Dr.Hallman's office near the double wide exit doors of the white walled Apex Wing and were banging on his door.

Dr.Hallman, looking up from his papers raises a gold plated watch adorned wrist to his face, checking the time. "Quarter to eight," He smirks lightly, "A new record." He muses as he stands from his desk and begins for the door, turning the knob and pulling it open. "Good morning, did the two of you sleep quite alright?" He asks, his eyes travelling down towards their baggy clothing and lack of shoes.

"L-Listen, doctor," Sarah began, completely bypassing Dr.Hallman's question. "Remember yesterday when you said something about adverse side effects?" She asks,

Dr.Hallman nods, "Of course. Its the reason we kept you overnight." He smiles.

"W-Well..." Sarah looks down to her clothing as Tyler swallows hard, looking from Sarah and nervously towards Dr.Hallman,

"It happened." He says, looking increasingly nervous.

"Hmm." Hallman mutters lightly as he looks the two up and over before casually saying, "I suppose it has," and motioning three doors up across the hall. "You should return to the examination room. Wait for me there while I retrieve Ms.Hayes." He instructs as he begins further up the hallway to find his assistant.

Within five or ten minutes as Sarah and Tyler stand within the examination room, quietly, awkwardly and fearfully wondering if this would be the only mysterious shrink they were to endure, Dr.Hallman and Ms.Hayes return.

"Good morning, subjects!" Karen says, smiling a bit at the sheepish responses she receives. "I hear you two have suffered a bit of a scare." She says as she approaches them with some measuring tape and takes their height. "Ten inches, Doctor." She says, looking over her shoulder towards Dr.Hallman as she proceeds to the desk to make formal note of the information.

"Ten inches? For each of them?" Dr.Hallman asks, studying the two.

"Yes, sir." Ms.Hayes responds as the two seem uneasy by how casual their white coats seem to be.

"Interesting." Dr.Hallman mumbles, stroking his chin.

"Er... Do you know what's going on?" Tyler asks, "I mean.. You two just seem..." He trails off, not wanting to be impolite or accusing of anything; but at the same time, this was really freaking both him and Sarah out.

"Non-chalant?" Dr.Hallman asks, "The two of you are suffering from a scientific marvel known as Virastosis." He reveals, "In this instance, it appears to be advanced." He nods, stroking his chin once again in thought.

"Wh-What?" Sarah finally butts in,

"I really can't explain further at this time." Dr.Hallman says, "But it will become clear soon enough." He nods his head.

"What are you talking about?" Tyler interjects, "Is this going to keep happening?" He asks, feeling his heart beating faster and faster as panic takes a firmer hold.

Dr.Hallman pauses for a minute, looking back and forth between the eyes of the two subjects. Seeing them already beginning to widen and dialate in confusion, fear, and suspicion.

He nods,

"You will experience further episodes of shrinking." He says, "However, luckily for us, your knowledge of this isn't going to complicate our tests at all." He smiles, "So, if you two would just return to your rooms for now myself and Ms.Hayes have some work to do." He says.

"Return to our rooms?!" Tyler asks, his voice beginning to raise, "Are you insane?! We're shrinking and you want us to just return to our rooms?" He asks, beginning to hyperventilate.

"T-Tyler.." Sarah mutters.

"Mr.Fairclough, need you be reminded that you signed a contract with Cosmolex Pharmaceuticals?" Dr.Hallman asks, "You entered yourselves within advanced studies. Unfortunately, while I understand that this must be a frightening experience for the both of you; there is no backing out now. You are included within these studies either until I deem your participation complete or your four months is up." He says, his expression beginning to reveal a growing grin,

"So... With that in mind, I think it would be in the best interests of all involved for us, Ms.Hayes and myself especially to be satisfied with your level of cooperation and commitment to this study, hmm?" Dr.Hallman raises an expectant eyebrow.

Tyler stares, trying to contain himself as Sarah shivers next to him. She nods her head, "Y-Yeah.." She stammers, looking down.

Dr.Hallman grins, looking from Sarah to Tyler, "Mr.Fairclough?" He asks,

Tyler, after some moments of deliberation, finally nods his head. "I understand..." He says quietly as he takes a deep breath. Sarah does the same, both attempting to calm themselves as Dr.Hallman smiles,

"Excellent. So if the two of you will just return to your rooms." He motions to the door, "I'll send Ms.Hayes down shortly to make sure the two of you have everything you need for this to be as smooth as possible." He says.

Chapter End Notes:

My oh my. Its been quite a while since I updated this story or either of my stories, really.

I'd been thinking about it recently but it was really an email from Ancient Relic that acted as the deciding factor in me taking this up again.

So, what better time to write another chapter or two than when one randomly wakes up at 4:30AM? Oh, sleep. Always so elusive.

At any rate, sorry for the long delay! Life, as always, is rather busy.