- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Would you believe my plan is coming back in full force?

Oh, yes . . . the arcs swirling about in my mind, forming the most tantalizing of options . . . which to take?

Seriously, however, please let it be known that I have three different endings mostly finished- the "happy ending", the "oh shit ending", and the "mildly depressing ending". If you want one specifically, please mention it in a review!

Also, this chapter's a bit of a double feature- you'll see why in a sec.you

Sure as sure was, Jennifer got back to her weekly exercising, supervised by Lauren. Eventually, I got used to the jostling in her cleavage, and took a quick power nap.

"Mary?" Jennifer roused me from my slumber. "Little Mary? Wake up, please- I don't have the slightest clue how I could shower and get changed with you here."

"I'll hold her!" I heard Lauren exclaim, as I felt myself being rather roughly removed from my warm resting place.

Jennifer shrieked. "G- g- give me some warning next time, at least- geez!"

"And miss your absolutely adorable reaction when you get flustered like that?" Lauren chuckled. "Not on your life, sister."

I finally managed to focus my eyes on Jennifer, and she was pouting indignantly. "Y'know, I could just  bump you down a few notches on my back-up plan list," she grumbled, stepping into the shower room.

Lauren looked down at me in confusion. "Back-up plan list?"

I sighed- apparently I was Little Miss Exposition today. "A little after she told me about her crush on me, I found the list. It's a decent-sized list of girls to go looking for if I ever completely shut her down."

Lauren grinned. "And where do I rank?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Hell if I know. I wasn't exactly paying attention."

She rolled her eyes. "Not to complain, but you aren't very helpful."

I grinned wickedly. "And even if I did know, I sure as hell wouldn't tell you, 'cause with me around she won't need the damned thing."

Her eyes narrowed. "I hate you so damned much, you know that?"

"Yeah, you kinda made it clear when you almost killed me earlier," I replied with all the snark I could muster.

"No, it's not even that," she said angrily. "You've got it made. Here's a sweet girl with a genius-level IQ, a body like an itty-bitty goddess, and holy hell can she cook-"

"Don't I know it," I interrupted cheekily, running a hand over my stomach.

"-and yet she wastes it all on your ungrateful ass," she spat. "You just don't fucking get it- you're a goddamned leech, sponging off of her because she's got a thing for you." Lauren, to my surprise, began to cry. "It's just like high school all over again. Passed up for tits," she said, flicking my assets with the hand not occupied with me.

"Whoa, hey now," I tried to reassure her, again realizing how fucked up I'd been through hindsight. "All things fair, I kinda just didn't notice her crush. We've been friends just about forever, and her falling for me was probably a slow thing I didn't see developing. Had she spoken up earlier, like when I hated my parents' guts and wanted to do anything to spite them in high school, she might have gotten what she was after a lot faster. And as for you, well, my little blueberries don't really compare."

Lauren cracked a smile. "Blueberries?" she murmured incredulously.

I shrugged. "Closest size comparison I had."

Jennifer stepped out of the shower room completely re-dressed shortly after our talk had finished. Once I found myself pressed between mammary mounds once again, I decided to think.

The more time I spent like this, the more I realized just how shitty I had been acting to Jennifer our entire lives. Everything had always been about me and what I wanted, with Jennifer my loyal sidekick who did whatever I asked her to. The girl had literally saved my life on multiple occasions, and I wasn't a decent enough human being to give her peace enough to move on with her life. Heck, even the most jipped video game protagonist in history gets a kiss on the nose or baked goods for his efforts once in a while, and I had never even done that much for the girl.

I made up my mind right then and there to repay all that Jennifer had done. I'd do something really grand and awesome for her, and she'd love it, and we'd- wait.

Why was I having this fantasy?

Before I could do the soul-searching to discover the answer to that, I heard Jennifer murmur, "Oh, shit."

She began sprinting, and I started getting bounced around again.

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, OH COME THE FUCK ON!" she yelled, pouring on more speed.

"Wha-a-a-a-at ha-a-app-e-e-e-ened?" I tried to communicate, but the bouncing made it very hard to speak clearly.

"My apartment door's wide open," Jennifer said breathlessly, taking the stairs two at a time.

Once we got up there, however, the surprise was less "oh shit" and more "what the fuck?".

"Hey Jenny," an all-too-familiar voice cooed, dripping with surprisingly obvious sexual desire.

"Sarah," Jennifer began neutrally, "two questions. One is 'how did you find out where I live?' and the other is 'why did you break into my apartment?'"

I peeked out of Jennifer's cleavage, looking at my sister, who I'd thought we'd left half a country away. Her hair's still just as wavy and red as I remember, but the creepy-as-fuck smile is new.

"Well," she began, twisting her hair around her finger like a shy teenager, "the answer to the first question is 'I did'nt'- technically, I followed my intuition. I knew where my sister lived, and you just adore her, so I figured you'd live in the same apartment complex. And, well, technically I didn't break in. You didn't lock the door."

I could tell from the strain on her voice that it was taking all of Jennifer's self-control to stay calm. The fact that the two titanesses began to circle one another like movie fighters wasn't helping. "My door . . . doesn't . . . lock. I was hoping the landlord would fix it."

It was then that I heard the sound that made every expression of fear inadequate- the sound of a deadbolt sliding shut. "He did. I let him in," Sarah giggled psychotically.

Chapter End Notes:

DUN DUN DUN!

Cliffhanger!