- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a short little thing I ended up doing for Valentine's Day. Enjoy :)

“Oh, now where did this little guy come from?”

Nestled within a veritable forest of white-cotton reeds, Howard couldn’t hold back a nervously excited smile as that playful and very transparently rhetorical exclamation of curiosity boomed across the cityscape of his home.  From atop his admittedly comfortable perch, it was of little issue for him to spy across the grand glass plateau that he supposed was technically a coffee table - though he greatly preferred his own interpretation of it. Felt more honest, really. His gaze remained continuous, though, even across the great lake of beige that called itself the living room carpet – again, he preferred his words.

Waiting across it, then, towering above all else in his world, was the greatest of mountains, the most beautiful of peaks. It perhaps earned this special interpretation more than anything else, yet it was an almost singular case in which he preferred the more conventional term for the majestic sight that stood in the distance: Wife.

With hand upon hip, Abby began a slow, methodical stride into the room, her eyes not leaving the target of her attentions for even a second. Howard found that his own gaze was transfixed upon the approaching colossus, appreciating and marveling at her beauty. Despite the overall conservativeness of the garment, the snow-white dress his love wore clung tightly and with much flattery upon every curve, and the only movement of his eyes came from matching the sway of her hips. At least until he managed to tear his eyes away and cast them upward, allowing him to take in the soft, beautiful features of her face, framed as it was by her dark hair.

In just a few steps, though, that upward cast of his eyes transformed into a craning of his neck, the severity of which multiplied with each successive foot forward. Even at a purposely slow pace, Abby was upon him almost before he had even registered it, as lost as he had been in his admiration. He was leaning back, now, and in fact pretty much had to in order to continue looking up with any amount of comfort as his wife loomed overhead. For a moment, he briefly consider re-assessing his labelling.  Tilting forward just a bit, she was looking down upon his perch upon its perch atop the couch cushions with trademark cherried lips pulled into a rather adoring grin that meshed wonderfully with her youthful face – particularly with those electric baby blues a few hundred feet above them.

“Did someone leave you here?” Abby asked affectionately, allowing just a little bit of concern to flow into it. Indeed they did, Howard thought with some playfulness. Claire had been her usual sweetheart self and done this favor for him, securing his little perch on the couch before depositing him atop it. Her adoring little giggles still rang in his head.

“Well someone must have,” Abby continued, lips threatening to part in impish glee and telling Howard all he needed through that alone. “But who in the world could leave such a little darling alone like this?” That hand parted from her hip then, and his wife leaned forward just a little bit more. Two hands, each capable of holding more than a hundred of him, began to move in toward him. Well, not toward him, per se, he corrected. Though he would be a part of it, and he gripped the nearby stalks of cotton in preparation as the powerful instruments of his wife wrapped lovingly on either side of the “little” white bear currently occupying the couch even as Howard occupied it.

“Whoever it was should be ashamed,” Abby smarmed with still playful care, continuing to amuse Howard with her dedication toward the little ruse. Of course, as her mighty arms began to easily lift a stuffed animal that was in itself a skyscraper of sorts to the Beta, gravity asserted itself upon him – only just, but a bit more than he was used to when comparing it to hundreds of past lifts. If  his stomach had dropped just a bit more, he surmised, he might actually be a little scared for himself, but there was so much care still evident that the thought quickly tucked itself away and he and his gift were brought before the Omega’s face.

“It looks like we’re in the same boat, though, little guy” Abby stated, this time allowing a sad little inflection into her speech that temporarily wrenched Howard’s smile away before he noticed the corners of those wonderfully plush lips still pulling back even as their owner kept up her little farce.  “I got left here all alone tonight, too. Kids off on dates, husband nowhere to be found when we were supposed to go out for Valentine’s…honestly, it’s enough to feel downright lonely.”

“But you know what?” she continued, smile returning and allowing Howard a glimpse of her sparkling teeth as it did so with force. “You showed up at just the right time, lil’ guy. Because I think I need a little hug right now; to feel better, y’know? And somehow, I get the feeling you’re just great for that.”

Howard’s bear-y perch began to lower, and his eyes immediately tracked to their shared destination. With more than a little appreciation he took in the rapid approach to Abby’s chest, two large hills currently masked by the snowy material of her taut dress. A light blush overcame him just as his wife’s breasts did, coupled with the arrival of her perfume as the stuffed head he sat upon was buried with forceful affection into them. He was passively aware that Abby’s hands had changed position from his gift’s sides, with one now crossing against its back and the other lightly pressing into the back of the bear’s head. From there, she forced it into a little nuzzle against her chest that threatened to dislodge the Beta from his position. Howard’s hands were strong, though, and this alone wasn’t sufficient to send him sprawling from his position and into the forward tumble along the tilt of the bear’s head that would be waiting for him.

Not that it wasn’t extraordinarily tempting to do so, of course, and a part of the Beta wasn’t quite sure how he prevented himself from just…letting go. He certainly had no qualms about what his destination would be, the immense hills waiting for him being more than enticing. But he controlled himself nonetheless, even as Abby increased the pressure of her loving embrace to the point where the poor bear’s face was pressed flat against those inviting orbs and Howard found himself that much closer, her scent becoming almost overwhelming in that instant. For just a moment there he thought he might give into that temptation, but this gift didn’t exist for him to cop a cheap feel.

So he controlled himself, and before long the pressure holding his host in place began to lessen, and those hands shifted back into their positions at its sides. His perch was pulled away slowly, and only slightly at that.  Looking upward, he wasn’t particularly surprised to see Abby’s beautiful eyes looking down upon him as he sat in his little forest. Him. And with an adoration that would put most lovers to shame.

“Such a little darling,” she murmured, no more play apparent upon her cooing voice as she acknowledged him directly for the first time since discovered his little present. Her face, his entire sky, began to lower, and in seconds that sky instead became one of bulbous cherry skin. Laying back with a smile that was the definition of content, he welcomed the fall of his wife’s considerable lips upon his miniscule body, asserting the love and affection of their owner upon him with all the care he adored. They pressed, and they pressed, and they kept on pressing – and Howard met them with a kiss of his own as much as he could, not really minding that he was being positively coated in his wife’s favored lipstick. Not really noticing as he ascended into the sky, stuck as he was to the moist skin.

By the time it did register, something new had arrived at his back, something a bit different than the fuzzy little gift he had been pulled from. Pressing oh so slightly into him, the always wonderful tip of Abby’s index finger skillfully collected him from his predicament. He was not taken far – just a few hundred feet, really, just far enough for him to take in the adoring countenance of Abigail once more while still being kept before her lips.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, love,” Howard stated lowly, to the point where he was almost certain the voice tag must have failed to carry it forth. But whether it did or didn’t was of little relevance – the wonderful woman that held his world in her hands had clearly picked up on it, as the lips that had first began to open in response closed once more.

Within a second he found himself pressed into those cherry beauties once more, his ears just barely catching three little but oh-so-big words emanating from far beyond them.

“Love you, too,” he responded, allowing himself to be absorbed into the inviting  cushions once more.