- Text Size +

     From his small cage on a corner shelf in her bedroom, Roger looked out over the expanse of the giant room that had now become his whole world. Just a year ago, he could never have imagined living this way. Who could? It wasnt the life of a human being! He had been a normal family man and now look at him. It was incredible to imagine that at one time, he lived in the giant world, considering his very different life now. Roger had changed immensely. Still, at times, he refused to accept the reality of his situation. After all. it was not possible, was it? Whenever he tried to pretend it wasnt real and that he was home with his wife and daughters, he was brought back to the horror of his new existence with a bang! it was hard to deny you lived as a pet when Kelsie would appear, peering down at him and then effortlessly lifted him up in her gigantic hand. Roger sighed, impossible yes but sadly for him, all to real nonethless.

    His small cage was more like an aquarium than a cage with bars. He was a prisoner in the aquarium nevertheless as the glass walls towered above him on all four sides. He had once kept a small turtle in such a cage when he had lived among the people of the other world outside. Roger was pretty certain that the previous resident of his cage had been a hamster or a guinea pig or perhaps even a gerbil. Kelsie had told him once that when she was younger, she had kept another pet in the cage that was now his new home. He had been well treated since coming to live with Kelsie. Well, most of the time, that is. He was always given enough to eat and he was usually well cared for. To her credit, Kelsie really seemed to like him. She could be very kind. As long as he didnt test her patience too much by dwelling on his previous life. That could annoy her and sometimes make her a little angry with him and that was never good when you were under 3 inches tall. After all, Kelsie was  5 feet 1, gigantic and powerful to Roger anyways, not so to the rest of the world.

      Roger felt relatively safe in his cage, protected from the monsters that inhabited the house of the giant Mckenna family. Only one time had the wretched cat Whiskers gotten near his cage and threatened him. Pretty scary experience when you are trapped in a cage and smaller than a mouse. Whiskers saw him as tasty treat, certainly not as a man who should never have been in this helpless state. If it hadnt been for Kelsie's older sister Ashleigh, who heard Whisker's attack meoww, Roger very well would have ended up as cat food. Fortunately, Ashleigh acted quickly, and in the nick of time as the cat was about to attack, she easily brushed  her away and rescued the tiny man. She provided him  the security of her giant hand and Roger was only too happy to remain in her hand and her protection until Kelsie returned. Ashleigh who would be going away to live in college in a few months had once harbored a little crush on Roger,back when he had been a full sized handsome neighbor. She had often babysat for Roger and his wfie and she held a special place for him, even though he was so tiny now. She comforted the tiny man after saving him from the cat's attack and Roger gratefully acknowledged Ashleigh by obediantly remaining in her hand for a good long time. He didnt normally like to be held by the giants but he owed her his life and he was only too happy to comply to her wishes. 

       Since that day, months back, Kelsie had been much more careful of Roger's safety and the monstrous creature had not made it into her room again when Roger was alone in his cage, unprotected. After the incident, when Ashleigh explained what had happened, Kelsie felt so terrible and guilty. She had not been able to put her little man back into his cage that night and kept him in her pajama top pocket where he could be close to her and safe. She did love her pet and hated that she had been so delinquant in keeping him protected.

      Roger could not believe that he had been living like this for over a year now, being kept by a 16 year old girl and also being completely at her mercy, if her mood was so inclined. Thankfully for Roger, Kelsie was pretty gentle with him... most of the time. Of course she was an adolescent girl and she had her moments where she enjoyed having such power over someone so helpless. She found it particularly satisfying  to have total control over an adult, someone that had been authorititive to her in the past. When frustrated at being talked down to by the adults in her life, Keslie would relish reminding Roger that he was never to talk back to her, as she would demonstrate the power she had over him by gently gripping him in her gigantic hand. Roger wouldnt say so but the ease with she held him between her fingers was both embarrassing and terrifying to the tiny man. Kelsie really wasn't horrible to him ever. Just occasionaly, she liked to show him who was in charge now. He was quick to learn to be extra obediant and to do whatever she demanded  of him when Kelsie was in one of these moods......

     Roger still dreamed of being back with his wife and three children , even though he realized that they were now a world away. The Thomson's lived only 4 houses down but to Roger, it might as well have been another planet altogether. At his minscule size, he had no hope of contacting anyone from his family, unless one of the giant Mckenna's were to notify them of his wherabouts.  But he knew this was never going to happen. Months ago, Roger figured out that although the Mckenna's were a decent family, they were never going to do this for him as he had  been kept against his will for months and they were not going to open that can or worms. Besides, Kelsie really  enjoyed having him for a pet. Girls didnt get the opportunity very often to have a real live person of their own, she would remind him, giggling. She doubted any girl was ever so lucky!

     Kelsie managed to  convince herself that Roger was actually far better off staying with her, rather than living as a tiny man in the home of his own family. His family. after all had looked after him when he was pretty small and that hadn't been without its share of difficulties. Adjusting to looking up to everyone in your own home, including a 13 year old daughter often created hard realities for a man that was used to being the undisputed authority in the house. He was used to always gettong his own way but now, he obviously had to learn to defer to the decisions of the others and the sometimes humiliating demands that were placed on him by his giant kids. Kelsie often had to remind Roger of all this when he complained that she needed to contact his wife or daughters.

    She would try to persuade him , reminding him that  when he first came to live with her, he had been over 5" tall and now he was down to 3" tall. Roger  had been going through terribly rough times adjusting to the new family dynamics when he was taller, imgine how his family would treat him if he were this tiny!.. She was right but Roger  felt certain that if he were with his family, they would  not be kept in a cage like a pet!

      As Roger got smaller and smaller, his family had decided that Roger would be moving into Lindi's dollhouse. Lindi had for the most part outgrown playing with dolls but it seemed logical for Roger to move into the dollhouse for his own safety and for the family's convenience. Although disliking the idea, Roger reluctantly began living in the dollhouse after he hit 10" in height. Of course, he really wasnt given a choice in the matter. The girls teased him that as  he continued to get smaller, the dollhouse would become become a gigantic mansion for him.

    The girls agreed to each take turns keeping their father's dollhouse in their rooms. That way, they explained to him, they would keep their privacy part of the time!.Teen-aged girls dont want their dad living in their room, being able to watch whatever they did, even if he was a  tiny dad! Truth was, the girls really liked the idea of having their dad  living in their room as their doll. Though they truly felt bad for him, it was very appealing to be able to look in on their dad in his dollhouse and to be able to take him out to play with whenever they felt like it. Daughters never got to experience that kind of control over their dad. They didnt tell Roger this but they all figured that he would have to get used to it in time. Nikki his wife had agreed to it, rationalizing that the girls were home alot more than she was, so Roger could be safer that way, being on his own much less often. So even though he didnt like the idea, Roger moved into the dollhouse and it was moved weekly back and forth from one girl's room to another.

       Despite the less than perfect living arrangements, Roger still desired to be back in his home with his family. Kelsie, though sweet most of the time had her moments where she became moody and difficult on her pet. Roger never enjoyed being punished by her for his disobediance. She wasnt terribly unkind ever, just a little bossy and demanding on him and he would prefer to have been back home with loved ones.

    Kelsie really believed that she was able to convince Roger that this was going to be his home now and his new life was to be spent as her pet. She felt it was better for everyone concerned for Roger to accept this and to try to be happy in his new life. Still. at times he longed to be back with his wife and girls, even in his reduced capacity. He knew it would not be perfect but he still wished for it. After awhile, when he brought it up to Kelsie  she would get pretty angry with him and she would let him know it, ocassionally with punishments. Sometimes she forgot just how fragile a 3" tall man was and those were rough nights for Roger. So eventually, he stopped asking her to contact his family. He realized for his well being, he had to accept his role in the Mckenna family. Kelsie appreciated it and it mnade her happy having a pet that accepted her authority. She still would enjoy a power trip now and then but ghe was much gentler and sweeter to him because of it. She really wanted him  to be happy and not to be scared  of her. She thought to herself that Roger had to see her as all powerful! This made her smile because everyone ekse saw her as scrawney and weak. Roger most certainly saw Kelsie differently and it made her happy to have that kind of control over another person.

....................................................

 

How Roger wound up living with Kelsie Mckenna as her pet was still burned into his mind and at times it made him kind of angry. His old life had been a good one before the whole thing started. He was your typical husband, devoted dad of three and pretty decent guy, He was not without faults, having cheated on his wife Nikki occassionally, but he loved his family and was overall a good person. At 42 years old, he had a very successful job, a good income and his life was working out just fine, exactly like he had hoped it would. Thats when the strain hit him and things were never going to be the same again..............................