- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I know it's been a while since I've posted.  I hope that this short story can get me back into the groove again.  I haven't been working on my other storys too much, but... I have'nt forgotten about them.  I'll be adding to 'Decrement' in the near future, for those of you that were following that story.

Thanks for reading. 

Wildcat ;`)

Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope to get several chapters into this story.  The idea is from one mans perspective, his desperate survival among towering giant women.

_'DETERMINATION' ______________________________________________

*Rewritten from the memoirs of a space traveler. The events herein are true to the best of my knowledge, only the names have been changed to protect the victims. It was extremely hard to read the small print, so I just filled in the gaps with some of what I imaged would have taken place, based on the content of the information given within the entire transcript.

So, here it is. The Story of a man whom, shall remain forever in this new world; after inadvertently crash landing here, from an identical, parallel planet.

Determination

June 1st, 1974

Determination and Eclecticism, I quickly realized, is the baseline of survival on this strange parallel universe. I've learned that blocking out what has actually happened to us, and forgoing into the strangeness...is well, the only tactic that has allowed me to continue on.

* Although, deliberately committing suicide constantly lingers in the back my mind...


Impressively, we slowly began to realize, that we were only a fraction in-size, 'compared to everyone else here'. Staying hidden, and constantly searching for an escape route, would become our foremost priority. Without warning, this strange theatre can turn, from such awe and tranquility, with overwhelming abundance,...... to an horrific nightmare.

Amazingly, when we do find food, it's usually more than we could ever use... an overabundance, or nothing at all; feast or famine, it's so strange to ever image that a place like this really exisists.

I wondered if it were all just a dream. A childhood fantasy, recurring in the most vivid of reflective vision; a nightmare. We've become miniature people. Little shrunken forms of our former selves. However, in reality we are still the same size that we always were.

This alternate universe, is an exact copy of modern day earth; only, everything is nearly twelve times larger in size and scale.

We find ourselves scavenging for leftovers, or discarded scraps, simply tossed away by the enormous beings that dwell here on this fantastic planet. A simple bread crust, can feed one of us for at least a day.

Observing 'them', (the giants) from our standpoint, is so surreal. Watching them, from a safe distance, they seem so gentle...

The females, in all their glory, their enormous figures so extremely attractive. The sight of them is simply breathtaking. Their shapely bodys at least fifty feet tall. Walking nearly silent, however, the impact of their gigantic feet, can actually be felt... like several thousand pounds, crashing into the solid pavement without so much as a conscious effort.

Although, after the witness of, the most gruesome murder of three of my unfortunate teamates, we quickly realized that none of these giant people could be trusted. At first, we had no idea how vulnerable we were; those three lives were taken instantly, snuffed out; little more than a brief thrill, for an enormous, teenage giantess. Her thunderous laughter still haunts me... Befriending them, so far, has proved to be impossible.

Her curiosity towards us was calamitous...she felt nothing but subjugation. Her jugment was swift and deliberate. Squashing them so easily, with barefoot, then wiping off their bloody remains on the edge of the sidewalk in the tall grass. Smearing the bloody pulp into the tall shards of green blades; this giant girl wiped off her foot on the grass as if it were nothing.
She didn't see me, or Samual, -or we would have certainly been stomped-out like the others. Squashed flat like insignificant insects.


We were confused at first, thinking that she was going to help us. She smiled warmly, and sighed with a breath of adoration. Her loving smile, quickly turned to a spiteful scowl.

After she killed them, she slipped her shoe back on, and walked away, seemingly delighted to have distroyed them so effortlessly.

Samual and I, ran for cover under the edge of a huge pile of clothing. A collection site for redistributing 'used' clothing. We stayed there for hours, neither one of us saying a single word.


***


We have to live like scavengers. Ten year veterans of the Marine corp., and before that, being raised out in the boondocks, we were as tough as anyone could possibly be. Now, we've been reduced to miniature rodent-like creatures, forced to live beneath these giants.

Living on the fringe of 'their' world; the giants loom above us, taking complete authority over everything. Colossal beings, so immense and terrifying, the sheer sight of one of them paralyzes us. Just a young girl, a small child among the others, poses a threat to us, that would be similar to an enormous beast from prehistoric times...


We have no rest here among them, a constant threat of getting captured and taken up in hand, taken away and never being seen again.

It's been so long now, since we arrived here. Our ship, haphazardly sucked into this planets gravitational pull. Crashing down into the open space of what we would later, come to realize, was an enormous empty parking lot. Our ship was smashed into the solid asphalt by an automobile that appairantly didn't even see it; that car was larger than an ocean liner.

The six of us, my team mates and I, had just left the ship to search the area, luckily for us, we weren't inside the ship.

We managed to find shelter in a storm drain, following it out into an alley behind a restaurant. We found some food, and a good place to stay hidden underneath a dumpster.

Later that day, as a giantess came strolling past, walking down the alley in a pair of dark blue platform heels; she was on top of him before he knew it. Bill had wondered out into the open, he was caught off-guard and she easily captured him.

A stunningly surprised, and towering African Queen, she snatched him up so effortlessly, screaming wildly, Bill was carried away within her lofty fist, she continued walking without even missing a single step.

Our second encounter, came directly afterword...

The rats, they came searching for food and forced us to leave. We managed to kill one of them, but it completely severed the right arm of my yougest teamate Dickie, he died later that very first night.

Reluctantly, we were forced to leave him behind to distract the other rats; we narrowly made our escape from beneath that dumpster.

Upon escaping those rats, we were spotted by another giant girl. An amazingly beautiful female figure. She wore tattered blue jeans, fitted so tight, that it was easy to see that she wore nothing underneath them. Her skin tight muscle shirt, revealed that her ample breasts would've easily over-flown an average sized bra.

Standing so tall, she easily spotted us. Her towering figure overshadowing a vast area, she had to be at least fifty feet tall.

She saw us running along the edge of the alley way; we were trapped. She stood towering above us, gleaming down with a sly smirk...

Her intentions, quickly became quite clear when she slowly lifted up her foot and slipped off her shoe. Holding her wiggling toe's directly over head, she taunted us for a while, giggling and chuckling at our confused reactions. Suddenly, she slapped her naked sole down over two of my team mates and crushed their bodys out flat like they were nothing more than a couple of scrambling insects!

I dove behind something, a crumpled coke can, and hid myself from her. She stomped another one of the men, and laughed at their smattered remains.

***

Since then, we have barely managed to avoid certain death, numerous times. The thunderous impact of gargantuan shoes, smashing into the earth with such incredible force, their 'absoluteness' unfathomable.

They were simply walking along the sidewalk, never noticing the small group of scrambling men down at their feet. They appear as if out of nowhere, they step nearly silent until they're right on top of you!

These giant females seem to want to kill us, just for fun... if they want, they can easily find us and they want to capture us and torture us! Then, if we're lucky, they'll squash us quickly.

There seems to be a much greater number of females here, as well. There are very few men, I've only noticed one man since arriving on this monstrous nightmare version of planet earth...

Staying out of their sight, can sometimes be most difficult. Usually, it's easy enough to avoid allowing them to lay eyes on me. Although, I can't always spend every minute hiding underneath something.

Samual and I, the only remaining survivers, take our chances and venture out into the open. It unnerves me, but we have to keep moving, our days are spent finding food, getting water, and desparately trying to, 'successfully', stay out of their sight; especially the young females.

Occassionally though, one of the older ones sometimes, catches a glimpse of us. As we take our chances; they seem to be only temporarily fascinated with our ability to scramble away from their magnificent feet and disappear.

Unlike the younger ones, they pause to admire our determination. Then, they continue on with their lives; we were only two tiny men; a brief amusment for them. A slight distraction from their daily routine.

For them, I imagine, it would be so felicitious, the sight of a tiny pair of miniature men, desparately running for their live's away from them.
Their laughter humiliates me...

***

Weeks have turned into months, months into years. I have no idea how long we've been here. The sun sets on another day, as I wrap myself in this cotton rag and curl up, trying to get some sleep beneath the shimmering, artificial neon light.

The air smells of beef grease and fried potatos, a constant sound of clammering glasses and clattering dishes. The space between the walls of this coffee shop, has proved to be a good place to stay for the time being.

We've been here for at least a month, finding food is as easy as waiting until closing time and venturing out into the dining area under the giant tables.

Staying inside this coffee shop is much safer then venturing outside. I have no intention of leaving here any time soon.

I'll sleep until it gets 'too quiet'. The silent walls of this massive building unnerves me.

Samual ventured out on his own; he's been missing now for over a week, I have no idea what has become of him.

I watch her intently, 'Marie the waitress'. Her huge figure swiftly moves all around the diner.

A giantess, she gracefully moves so swiftly. She finishs mopping and shuts out the lights, I can climb down the electric cables and squeeze through the opening at the bottom of the wall. The diner will be mine for the rest of the night. I'll find some food, and carry as much of it as I can, back into the wall with me.

***

While waiting for the giantess to finish-up, I notice that her actions are different tonight. She seems to be upset about something. Her teary eyes watering, she forces herself to complete her work.

I feel like I know her; I've watched her now for such a long time. She seems slightly different from the others; she doesn't seem so arrogant. Her skinny figure and long slender legs, make her appear much taller than she actually is. Her dark black hair hangs into her eye's, covering her pale face. She works the tables during the day-shift, nobody seems to treat her with much respect. They tell her their order, ignore her after she leaves, giggling and joking about her dress, or her homely appearance.

She works six days a week. Ten hours, each day, she arrives first, and -she is the last one to leave. Her name is Marie. The owner speaks to her like she owns her. Marie never speaks above a whisper, she bows her head and does as she is told. The owners daughter orders her around too... a bratty little girl with big blue eyes, her name is Elsa.

Elsa nearly saw me once, I was trying to grab a dropped french fry; I barely made it back into the safety of my tunnel.

Elsa lunged for me, barely missed grabing one of my legs, just as I dove into the opening in the wall. She kicked the wall behind me and screamed into the opening,

"Come back here!".

Her shrill vocals nearly shattering my eardrums!

I hope that she hasn't captured Samual. If she did, he's surely dead by now...

Marie was ordered to spray the place with insect spray. However, she didn't do it. She waited until everyone else left and squatted by the opening, lowering a plateful of fried mushrooms down next to the opening, she whispered quietly into the entrance of my hiding place...


"Here tiny one, these are for you.... please, don't be afraid of me, I won't hurt you."

I allowed her to see me. However, I stayed inside the entrance, just out of reach from the collosal girl. She seemed to be trying to innocently befriend me, although... I kept my distance, staying within the safety of the small opening in the baseboard.

After witnessing first hand, the sudden death of four of my men, I wouldn't allow myself to become any giants victim.

She waited only a few minutes, soon realizing that I wasn't going to trust her. She slowly stood, and excused herself, silently stepping away; leaving me to eat the delicious mushrooms, at my own leisure.

I watch her finally finishing up her nightly dutie's. She glances back toward the plate to see if I have eaten any of it yet. She smiles, and resumes with her work. After a while, I venture out and grab one of the large breaded mushrooms.

The salty flavor tastes great and I quickly devour the entire thing. I slip back out and grab another one and swiftly return to the safety of my hidey hole.

The taste is very delicious. I quickly find that my stomach is full. I suddenly become very sleepy...

I can't keep my eyes open, I crawl back deeper into the tunnel just before I colapse into a heap on the floor between the walls.


***

Samual had taken off on his own. The last time I saw him, he was crossing the open floor of the dining area.

Staying beneath the tables, he just had to get out and get some exercise. Out in the open, he knew that he was taking a chance; staying hiden all the time, tends to make you crazy after a few weeks.

Sitting around doing nothing, while hiding within the cramped space of the interior wall, the busy coffee shop, was just too inticing. Sam just had to get out of there before he went crazy.

I tryed to stop him, but he wouldn't hear it...

__ Sam walked carefully along the wall. The sound of giant feet thudding all around, was a constant rumbling that, after a while, seems to be common place. He looked up, just as the cupped hand of a young giantess scooped down upon him and captured him up within her grasping fist.

His entire body gripped, he screamed out in shock, as he was lifted straight up and swirled around in a half circle. A burst of heated laughter erupted directly into his frightened face.

Her huge blue eyes appeared, filling his view completely, they sparkled like shimmering pools of brilliant light. Her devious smile highlighting her square-jawed face. Her pearl white teeth, glistening in the fluorescent lights.

He was caught. She had noticed him instantly, and without hesitation, she wasted no time quietly sneaking up upon him. Her speed was inconceivable; like a silent feline hunter, she expertly snatched-up the tiny man before he even realized that she had noticed him!

"Oh, so000, where do you think you're going?", she delightfully whispered into his miniscule face.

Sam screamed as loud as he could, hoping that someone would help him.

"Hm, I don't think that I've ever saw another person as small as you!"

"You're going to be SO,... much fun to play with. I think, I'll call you 'Squeaky'", she told him.

Her grip tightened up, as to slowly cut off his ability to scream anymore.


"My name is Elsa, understand? I am your new owner... so, what do you want to play first?"




*
Chapter End Notes:

Please comment,  and thanks for reading.  I'd like to hear any suggestions, good or bad.