- Text Size +

Chapter 2:

 

  Later on that night, Gus pulled the device out of the box and snuck downstairs. He was very careful not to make the slightest sound, as no one could know what he was up to. He made his way outside and to his car. He had read about a trick in this book called cardboard towns, where the main character backed his minivan out of the driveway and pushed it past the house before starting it up, as to keep the noise down. He labored his car past his house, very slowly, as his fake leg kept him from moving at a faster speed. Finally he got in, and started it up, “time for a little intervention”, he said.

 

  As Gus got closer to Monica’s house, he realized that he didn’t have a plan. He thought about sneaking in through her window, but he wasn’t sure if he’d have the strength to pull himself up. Pulling up next to her driveway, he slammed the brakes, coming to a complete stop. Sneaking over to her already opened window, he pulled himself up and into her room. Without saying a word, he pulled out the device and shrunk Monica down. Surprisingly the bang from the device didn’t wake up her parents. He picked her up, put her in a breathable glass jar, and carefully took her back to his car, driving away into the night.

 

  As he drove down the road he started to get concerned about whether or not he left any fingerprints, he covered himself head to toe in black clothing as to not leave any marks behind, but he was still nervous. He got home, put the jar in his closet, and went to bed.

 

  Monica woke up in what she thought was a dream. Everything was blurry, and the surface she was on, slippery. She looked around, curious at first, then became frightened when she saw the massive face of Augustus Waters staring down at her. She looked around again and immediately realized what had happened. She yelled at Gus, “put me the hell back right now!” Gus didn’t even realize that she said anything, and stuck her in his pocket.

 

  He took a look at his phone and realized that he was late to go see Hazel. They were going to go on a picnic, and he had to hurry or else he was going to be late. He quickly got his shoes on and drove over to her house. He put a cigarette in his mouth and stood at her door, waiting for someone to open up. Finally, the door opened. “Hazel Grace”, he said, she smiled and took his hand. They walked upstairs to her room so she could get her shoes. Hazel leaned into Gus against her dresser and he started to passionately make out with him. Monica realized her chance of escape and jumped into a drawer, only for it to be shut. Monica became furious and started screaming louder than she ever had before. She had no idea where she was, and no idea how to escape.

 

Chapter End Notes:

keep letting me know what you think. If you have any suggestions or would like to see something happen later on, let me know, and I'll see if I can add it.