- Text Size +

The bus driver blinked his eyes a few times, completely unsure of what to make of the current situaton.  He had been driving the coach bus's full load of students back to school from a museum tour when a bright light blinded him for a long few seconds.  When his vision returned, he didnt know what to make of the surroundings.  He was sure of one thing, the flat topography of Illinois was nowhere to be seen.  Everywhere he looked, he saw towering structures ascend into the sky.  And with the students now clearly aware that something wasnt right, he had no idea how to proceed. But before fear could set in, the bus driver and everyone else on the vehicle began to feel a dull boom.   boom.   boom.  that grew with strength with each passing interval.  With the bus shaking substantially at this point, the entire occupancy of the bus was looking out the windows.  Right when it seemed that the booms and accompanying vibrations couldnt get any louder, they were at a total loss for words and explanations at what landed to their right.

Molly had decided not go to the waste of a time trip to the museum with her class. She had a soccer match later, and as the competitive type she wanted to be prepped to win.  She stepped into her bedroom, planning to just relax and make sure she was unwound for the game later. As she walked to pick up her charging phone, she noticed something on the carpet.  It looked like a kids toy, it was a small grey bus, barely a few inches in length, idling on her floor. She searched her memory for how it could have ended up there, but nothing came to mind.  Molly looked down at her foot, adjacent to the toy bus, a fresh coat of red paint  professionally applied to each of her toenails.  She figured her big toe alone was about half the size of the entire bus.  She scooted her foot behind the bus, and then gently push against its rear with her big toe. The metal the bus was made out of felt cool to her skin as she applied more pressure, pushing the bus forward.  She quickly noticed the wheels didnt spin as the bus skidded forward, fighting the resistance of her carpet.  Molly reached her hand down and meticulously picked up the bus, using her thumb and index and middle fingers to form a secure grip on the little vehicle.  Considering the wheels didnt even turn, she had assumed it was just a cheap toy, but the realistic way the metal felt against her fingers, the way it groaned and bent to her considerable strength and the astonishing detail she noticed on the bus as she brought it closer to her face convinced her otherwise.  She admired how realistic the little bus was, but was still puzzled about how it got in her bedroom.  There hadnt been any kids in her apartment, well ever, and she was sure it wasnt there when she woke up this morning.  Molly studied the bus more, she raised it up to her eye level in examined every minute detail of the bus, and, as she peered into the windows the lined the length of the bus, her mouth dropped open.  Inside the tiny vehicle, were dozens of panicking little people, some screaming, some crying, but all of them terrified at the gigantic girl gazing into their miniaturized bus.