- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

=========================================================================

New Girl in town

 

“You have to believe us, Sheriff” the two agents were almost pleading to their boss

“Al, Jeff, you know I appreciate you, but do you really want me to believe that the three girls we are looking for are now a hundred feet tall, that they abducted you, crushed your car and that Casey Morgan raped you?” the sheriff replied

“We have witnesses” the other agent said

“Yes, the other nine people. Just… where the hell are they?”

“They went to their homes, but we can go look for them. Please!” the first agent pleaded once more.

“Look, let’s visit the Howards first. But if you are pulling my leg, I swear to God that I will have you suspended for this. Do you understand?” the Sheriff said

“Yes, Sheriff. Please, let’s hurry. We need to be prepared for them”

The Sheriff rolled his eyes. A second later, he started hearing some sort of commotion outside.

“What the hell is happening?”

He got to the door of the police station, with the two agents following him. Outside his door, dozens of people were running around with seemingly no pattern, screaming.

“What the hell is going on here?” the Sheriff asked again

Then, one of the cops screamed:

“Oh my God. It’s her. She’s coming. She’s coming!”

The Sheriff looked at the agent and saw that he was pointing somewhere. Following his finger, he spanned part of town and then stopped when he was looking in the direction of the lake road. His jaw dropped as he saw the reason everyone was running like crazy. A girl was approaching town and, as his two agents had continuously repeated, she was utterly gigantic.

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Despite still being a few steps away from town, Casey saw and heard the reaction her presence caused. The smile in her face widened. If she had had any doubts about showing up in town in the light of day, they were gone now. She had not wasted any time in her way from the factory; she wanted to get into town quickly, before the escaped little people had a chance to warn everyone about her. She had crossed a couple of cars in the old lake road, but she did not stop for too long. She was happy to stop them, disable them and tease their drivers a little. She had enjoyed playing with Jason’s car a couple of nights ago, but now the big prize was town itself.

She had walked the 8 miles from the factory to town in little more than 15 minutes, including interruptions. As she approached it, she forgot about her initial intention to intercept the escaped little people on the road. If what Lisa said about the three hours was true it was clear that they had had more than enough time to cover the distance to town, even for people as small as they were.

Entering to Henford from the Old Lake Road brought Casey directly next to the town’s tallest structure, its water tower. On her way, she had fantasized with being taller than it, but now that she was standing next to it, she saw that, while she could reach its top with her extended arm, the tower was standing taller than her. This frustrated her a little, but new screams coming from below made her focus again on the population at her feet. Their source had been a group of about a dozen people that were fleeing towards downtown. Casey started to follow them with slow steps. After reaching town and seeing the reaction her presence had caused, she had unconsciously put a sexy swagger in her walk.

She loved the feeling of the pavement cracking under her bare feet as she advanced, her attention alternating between the people she was following and the small things surrounding her. Two-story buildings were now barely reaching over her knees, which matched her expectations much more than the frustration the water tower had been. Lampposts did not reach as high as that. A couple of steps later, Casey made sure that her right foot ended on top of a mailbox and smirked as it easily crushed under her sole.

The crowd had turned right at Oak Street and so did she, a few steps later. The moment she faced the 4-lane street she sneered as she saw that the dozen-strong group she had been following had merged into a much larger group of about fifty or so that were fleeing all the same.

During her short walk to town, Casey had wondered which sort of reactions her presence would cause. Up to then, she had only met individual people, so crowd reactions were an unknown. What would they do? Would they recognize her? Would they stop and try to make sense of the whole situation? Or would they just flee in panic?

Now, after a couple of minutes in town, she knew the answer. She did not know if they recognized her or not, but her towering presence was definitely sending crowds into a flee. Somehow, she liked that. It made the balance of power evident from the very beginning.

The mob in Oak Street made things even better than the initial dozen she had been following. Casey had not said a word since she had got into town and, after stopping for a few of seconds with her hands on her hips and a wide smile in her face, she started to walk after them. As she did, she saw two things: three blocks ahead, some people had not joined the mob and were observing her, awestruck but not running. And, at about half that distance, someone, obviously more scared, had abandoned his car and had joined the fleeing crowd.

Casey did not take her eyes away from the crowd as she advanced. Despite deliberately taking small and slow steps, she was cutting the distance with the fleeing people pretty quickly. Soon, she reached the abandoned car and executed the quick plan she had built in her head. Without stopping, she measured her walk so that her foot would fall on top of it. The moment it did, the car was flattened as if it had been made of tinfoil.

This was enough to send the people that were still making their mind up fleeing with the rest of the crowd, which was running even faster. And it was the moment Casey chose to address the people for the first time.

“Oooops” she said, stopping and bringing her hand to her mouth. “Sorry for that. I’m afraid I did not see it”

Then, she started walking again and said:

“You don’t have to be afraid. I promise I’ll be more careful and try not to step on you. I’m just on my way to pick my boyfriend up, but I thought that since I was coming to town, I could stop by and say ‘Hi’ to my town mates. I’m Casey Morgan, by the way”

She only had to force her pace a little to catch up with the crowd in two blocks. The moment her long shadow was already cast over the people, she said:

“Did you really think you would outrun me?”

Her next step brought her feet dangerously close to the people on the back of the crowd. Crouching down, she had plenty of them within her reach. She randomly chose one of them, a man in jeans and a green T-shirt. She just grabbed him with four fingers and, lifting his screaming body, let him roll in her palm and closed her hand around him, only his head emerging from her closed fist. Standing up as the rest of the people intensified their running and screaming, she looked at the man in her hand and said:

“I don’t think I know you”

The man did not reply, only screamed. This bothered Casey, who unconsciously tightened her fist until the man was forced to stop screaming, out of air. Realizing about what she had done, she relaxed her grip, letting the man breathe in again. As soon as he put some more air in his lungs, he started screaming again. Looking at him with curiosity, Casey tightened her fist again, until she forced him to stop screaming once more.

“I don’t want you to scream, so either you shut up yourself or I make you shut up. Your choice” she said in a commanding tone

Relaxing her grip once more, she was satisfied to see that the man did not start screaming once more.

“What is your name, tiny?” Casey asked

“Ma… Matthew” the little man said

“Yeah, I don’t think I know you at all” Casey said. Then, she asked: “You won’t know Kevin Stewart, by any chance?”

“No, no, I don’t know anyone by that name”

Casey frowned and said:

“Then, I have no use of you”

The man felt a sudden moment of fear, but Casey simply crouched and dropped him into a roof to her right.

The crowd had used the time she had spent with Matthew to give her a few steps of clearance, but they would be easy enough to catch up, once she started walking again. Just when she was about to take the first step, something caught her eye, though. She had almost overlooked her, which clearly was what the woman was looking for, but a reflection in the shop window behind her betrayed her. From her height, Casey could see that the woman that was trying to hide behind the shop wall was blonde and wearing a red dress.

Of course, this was too much for the playful Casey to let it pass, so she took a step in the direction of the shop and dropped to her knees. Of course, the woman realized that her cover had been blown, but her attempt to flee was quickly aborted by Casey’s right hand. The only option for the woman was to step back and it was piece of cake for Casey to corner her and pick her up. She brought her up to her face as she sat on her knees. She was in her mid-thirties and quite good-looking. Despite her size, Casey could also see how the woman had been to the hairdresser recently and that she had been generous with the makeup. Her face rang a bell to Casey. She thought that she worked in a shop in the mall, but she was not entirely sure which one.

“Well, hi there, little Barbie!” Casey said

The woman screamed, but Casey already knew how to shut her up. As she kept her pressure high enough to prevent her from screaming, Casey went on:

“You do look like a Barbie doll, you know?”

As expected, the woman did not reply. She could not, with Casey’s hand applying so much pressure. Her face was pure fear, though. Seeing it, Casey chuckled and said:

“Oh, don’t be afraid. I won’t hurt you. I just wanted to have a look at you”

And then, she set her on another roof and stood up. She started screaming the moment she released her, but Casey did not mind and just took a couple of steps down the road, the crowd now quite ahead of her. It was not something she could not quickly solve the moment she started moving again, though.

“What the hell is that?” she asked aloud a block later

Her eyes were fixed on a truck, parked on the left side of the street. Casey knew very well the shop the truck was parked in front of. It was no other than Ted’s Liquor Store. After some initial attempts, Ted had made it very clear to Casey that he would not be selling alcohol to anyone under 21, so she had had to use some older friends or other, smaller shops to get her booze for parties or simply to have fun with Kevin or the girls.

Casey smirked. It was clearly a delivery truck and, if it was parked in front of Ted’s Liquor Store… well, there was only one thing it could contain, wasn’t there?

She walked until the truck was right in front of her. It was quite larger than the cars she had flattened so far, but it was still pretty small by her new standards. After thinking for a couple of seconds, she decided to sit down on the road and then picked the truck with both hands and placed it in her lap.

As she was starting to peel the roof of the truck off, smiling as her fingers easily overpowered the vehicle’s metal cover, something unexpected happened. Ted showed up in the door of his shop. She immediately felt the impulse to pick him up, but he was close to her left ankle and reaching for him would have required her to take the truck from her lap, which she did not want to do. So, instead, she just said:

“Hi there, Ted”

“Ca… Casey?” the shop’s owner said, recognizing her. He was in his late fifties and had the stereotypical image of a grumpy old man.

“In the flesh” she replied. “A whole lot of it, as you can see” she added with a chuckle

“Wha… what…?”

“Oh, I grew up a little” Casey teased. “Weren’t you the one that told me that I had a lot of growing up to do?” she added in a mocking tone. “So, what do you think? Is this grown up enough?”

“What … what are you doing?” Ted finally asked

Casey shrugged:

“Well, I was having the greatest day in my life when I saw your shop and thought: the only way to improve this is with booze”

“But you can’t…you are under 21!” he complained

Casey let out a loud laugh. The little man had really surprised her.

“Well, go tell the cops, then”

“I won’t sell my alcohol to you!”

Casey laughed once more.

“Sell it? Well, I’m afraid I don’t have any money on me. I was thinking that maybe we could reach some other sort of agreement. Something in the lines of I take all the booze I want and, in exchange, I’m nice to you”

Ted look puzzled. Casey then frowned and added:

“And believe me, you don’t want me not being nice”

As she finished saying it, she closed her left hand in a fist, rose it over her head and then slammed it on the road. Her fist sank a couple of feet on the asphalt and almost immediately, cracks formed around it as the ground shook violently enough to get Ted, who was pretty close, off his feet. He stood up, a couple of seconds later, looking as startled as terrified.

Casey then rose her voice and said:

“What the fuck are you waiting for? Get the hell out of my sight!”

He wasted no time turning and running down the street and, as she giggled, she wasted no time in ripping the truck open.

“Bingo” she said as she saw that she had a full truckload

The bottles were quite small and mastering the art of removing them from their boxes and opening them was a little tricky. Once she had, though, she started downing bourbon and vodka bottles at a very high rate. 20 minutes later, the truck was empty and Casey realized that she was more lightheaded than she had expected.

Picking the truck up with both hands, she threw it carelessly backwards. The truck noisily rolled down the street and then crashed into a storefront, completely shattering its window.

“Oooops” Casey said, bringing a hand to her mouth.

She had really not intended to cause so much havoc. She had just acted impulsively. More than what was already usual, the effects of the alcohol evident.

Pushing down with her hands, Casey proceeded to stand up once more. As she did, she miss-stepped and her left knee ended up sinking in the third story of the building where the liquor store was. Debris rained on the street below and a small cloud of dust started to form as Casey flushed while she realized that her knee had gone through glass and thick concrete without even a scratch.

As she crouched down to check the consequences of her clumsiness, she realized once more that she was a little too lightheaded.

“Was anybody home?” she said as she looked through the hole her knee had created. There was no one. Whoever lived in the apartment would not be too happy when finding the complete mess she had created. She could not care less.

 She stood up once more and searched for the crowd. As much as she had wanted to see them before, her excitement was now raised several notches by the alcohol. Her big brown eyes soon found them quite ahead. She was not even sure if they were the same ones she had been following before, but there was a sizeable mob several blocks down Oak Street, pretty close to the town center, where the street she was in met with Main. Of course, the combination of people and downtown was very appealing to Casey.

Inebriated both by the booze and her size, Casey started walking down the street.

“This is the fucking best thing ever” she thought as she advanced. “I can crush their cars, I can rip their buildings open and I can pick them up like toys. And what can they do about it? Nothing!” her mind went on, excited at the idea of being able to use a town of 25,000 as her playground.

Then, her mind raced back to Kevin for a second. He and Lisa had forced her to come to town. She had been toying with the idea for some time, but if Kevin had not fled, she was not sure she would have ever come. Now, she was happy that she had. As much as she had been enjoying her size ever since she had taken the formula, nothing could compare at towering over a whole town and its inhabitants.

“The little fucker is going to regret having challenged me, though.” She thought. “He’s my boyfriend. He should have been happy at what happened to me and I would have treated him gently enough. I would have made sure that he enjoyed it as much as I did. Well, maybe not a much, but still…”

Upset and fueled by her excitement and the booze, she thought on what she would do once she set her hands on him.

“I will find me a boy that really wants to enjoy the new me. Kevin does not deserve to be my boyfriend anymore. He is mine, though, and I’m not being gentle with him anymore. He better get himself a wetsuit before I catch him” she thought with an evil smirk.

She passed a couple of scattered people as she quickly advanced down Oak Street, but she ignored them. There was a bigger prize a few blocks ahead. She giggled as she saw their panicky reaction as her foot set very close to them, their heads barely reaching over her ankles. She could not prevent thinking that she could have easily stepped on them without even slowing down, if she had chosen to do so.

A minute later she had reached the intersection of Oak and Main and turned towards downtown. She chuckled as she saw the situation in front of her and stopped in the middle of the intersection, her legs spread so each of her feet were next to the sidewalks and her hands on her hips in a commanding pose.

She looked down and smiled at the panicky population. She was almost in Henford’s center and she could see the whole town from her vantage point of view. The streets were filled with hundreds of screaming people and she could not prevent a giggle at seeing them running like headless chicken. She could do anything she wanted. It was just a matter of choosing.

The booze had made her even cockier, so quite naturally, she addressed them.

“Hello my fellow town mates. I’m Casey Morgan and… my God! Look at how cute you are! So tiny and puny and scared. Running, as if you could get away from me! Come on, guys! Look at me! I’m huge! I can catch you in three steps!”

Casey tapped her foot on the ground and observed the population. They kept on running.

“Well, I guess that I’ll have to show you” she said and she removed her hands from her hips and took a step forward.

As on Oak Street, her first step made people scream louder and run faster. They were still running without any purpose, from what she could see from above. As promised, she had already caught with the first members of the crowd after three steps.

When someone tumbled over and fell right in front of her right foot, she could not prevent a surprised giggle. This was exactly what she had dreamed two nights ago and had shared with Daphne.

“Could it have been some sort of premonitory dream?” Casey thought. She did not believe in fate and all that nonsense, but then again, she did not believe that girls could become giants, and she was standing in the middle of her town with buildings barely reaching her waist. She then realized that it was not that weird that one of the little people fell. It was something that could be expected. “It’s not that my dream was predicting the future. It’s just that I can make it come true”

Smirking at the realization, Casey moved her foot slightly to the front, her big toe almost touching the little man. She loved the comparison. Lying on the ground, the man was barely taller than her foot was wide.

He tried to stand up, but Casey just moved her foot slightly and flexed her toe, sending him rolling a couple of times and lying on his back.

She giggled as she said “No, no”

The man looked up in terror, but he seemed to understand that she did not want him to move. And with her massive foot so close, he seemed to know better than challenge her.

Casey was surprised that she could see his expression so well from so far away. Placing her hands on her hips, she fixed her stare of him and said:

“I told you guys there was no use in running. So, why didn’t you just take my word for it? I’ve been this big for a few days already. I’m better used to this shit than you guys are”

Of course, the man did not reply. He just kept his stare fixed into her big brown eyes and seemed to get even more scared, if that was even possible.

“But no, all you can do is run. You realize how stupid you are? It makes me mad. And you don’t want the giant girl to get mad! Can’t you guys see that? Do you realize what would happen if I just took a step forward?”

The man then yelled: “Noooooo”

Casey smirked and went on, her voice easily overshadowing his screams.

“Just a simple movement of my foot. That’s all it would take”

Casey then lifted her right foot from the ground. The man disappeared from her view, covered by her sole. His screams intensified, and she could hear a collective grasp around her, as well. She felt that half the town was looking at her foot, in that precise moment. When she set it down she heard the collective sigh.

Completing her step with her other foot, she chuckled and addressed the crowd:

“You guys thought I was gonna smash him, didn’t you?”

She had made sure that her step landed way beyond the little man, although there had been a brief moment of risk for his life when, lightheaded as she still was, she almost lost her balance and set her foot down. She managed to control herself and end her step where she wanted to, though.

She did not even look back at the man that now was behind her heel. She focused on the crowd in front of her. Most of them were still running away from her, but many had stopped to observe what she would do with the man that had fallen. She shrugged and said:

“Well, us girls are so unpredictable. I let him go, but who knows, I may end up stepping the next guy that crosses my path”

This was enough to send everyone running once more. Casey smiled, since this had been her purpose. She was loving her little game of cat and mouse with the mob, and she needed her little mice running to keep it funny. She wanted to follow them once more, but they were still too close. If she started walking behind them, she would catch them in three steps once more. She needed to make herself some time. Looking around, she decided to keep making more of her dream come true.

Most people in Henford lived in houses. There were only a few apartment buildings in town, but they were precisely around her, downtown. The tallest building around was a block ahead, to her right. She walked calmly towards it, letting the few scattered people between her and her target to get out of her way. The shadows she had seen when approaching it told her that there were people glued to their windows and looking at her. This was true of this building and every other building in the street, of course. Who would want to miss such a spectacular sight as her?

The building’s roof reached a little above her belly button. She was really very tall. She did not waste time admiring her height, though. She just dropped to her knees and sat on them, bringing her eyes level with the top floor. There was at least a person behind each of the six windows on the floor. She winked at them and said:

“Hi there, guys”

Of course, her sudden attention was not welcome at all and sent everyone running deeper into the building. Casey was actually expecting that and she just chose a random window and, making a fist, broke it and brought her hand into the building.

She started feeling around but, to her frustration, she did not find any body. Had they fled to another room? She was about to remove her hand from the building when she decided to give it another chance. Stooping, she brought her right eye into the adjacent window and saw that it actually belonged to the same room. There was no one to be seen. She was about to discard it when she realized about something. The sofa on the far end of the room was not actually against the wall. Reaching for it, she easily grabbed it in her hand and tossed it around the room; it crashed loudly with the TV. She did not care. She was focused on something else. There had been someone in the space behind the sofa and now Casey was looking directly into her.

“Hi there, cutie!” Casey said, looking at the young woman that was now trying to curl against the corner. She was probably in her late twenties, blonde and dressed quite alternatively.

Casey just brought her hand towards her. She started screaming almost at once. She did not care as she maneuvered to pick her up. First, she had to straighten her up a little, though. Of course, it was no problem to do it; even with the little woman fighting with all her strength, she was easily overmatched by the force of Casey’s fingers.

A couple of seconds later, she had removed her from the building and was looking at her right in front of her eyes. As usual when picking someone up, the woman started screaming. Casey was now an expert on this field though, so she just squeezed strong enough to take all the air out of the woman’s lungs and said:

“I don’t like my toys screaming when I pick them up. I don’t care what you do when you are running on the streets or spying behind your windows, but right now I just want to have a conversation with you, so cut the crap and stop screaming, will you?”

She released the pressure and the woman grasped for air. She did not scream, though.

“That’s much better” Casey said. They were really like dolls, she thought. Squeeze them and they’ll do something. Squeeze them a little more and give them some instructions and they will follow them.

“Please, don’t hurt me”

Casey chuckled.

“Why would I hurt you?” she asked. Then, she replied to herself. “Well, yes, I may have threatened the people down there with stepping on them… and I may have broken your living room… but I have no interest on hurting you. At least not so far. What’s your name, cutie?”

“Gwen”

“I’m Casey”

“I know you… you work at the Parlor”

Casey smiled.

“I do… or I guess I did. I don’t think I fit in there anymore. I don’t recall having seen you there, though”

“I don’t go there” Gwen said

“Of course you don’t. Your hair is a mess” Casey said. “And you could work out a little bit more, as well, chubby” she added

The woman suddenly became red faced, but she knew better than to reply to the girl that was holding her in her hand. Casey loved the absolute superiority she had over her and over the rest of people.

“I did not offend you, did I? I mean, you ARE chubby”

Just then, some yells made her look back towards the building. She was surprised by what she saw and she could not prevent a giggle. There was a man in the edge of the building, where there had been a window just before Casey’s hand had broken in. He was dressed in the same alternative clothes as Gwen and he had a raised fist.

“Let my girlfriend go, you giant bitch!”

“Giant bitch?” Casey asked in an annoyed tone

She did not wait for him to reply. She just brought her free left hand towards the building and, bringing together her thumb and index fingers, flicked the man in the chest. She had not expected the results to be so spectacular. Her flick sent the little man flying across the room and crashing into a table, which collapsed after he fell on top of it.

“Ooops” she said as she observed the man. He was still moving, but he was not in a very good shape.

Looking back at the woman in her other hand, she shrugged and said:

“I think I hit your boyfriend too hard. Well, for all my bragging about having been this size for a few days, I guess that I still did not get how puny you really are”

Bringing her hand to the ripped open apartment building, she set the woman inside and added:

“Go take care of him. I didn’t want to break anything, but he does not seem to be in a great shape”

The woman wasted no time in running towards his injured boyfriend. Casey just forgot about them and stood up, looking for her next source of fun.