- Text Size +

Vanessa walked up to her friends' door and went to knock, but then hesitated... she was worried Angie wouldn't come to the door like last time. She was so shy, so afraid of everything that some days she would just hide away in her room, not even hearing her own front door. But it was hard to sympathize with her; she was rather good looking. Vanessa couldn't quite guess what it was that made her so skittish, but as her best friend of many years, it was something she had dealt with for a while.

Angie miraculously opened the door and looked out lazily at her friend, rubbing her eyes. It looked like she had quite literally just rolled out of bed, wearing her purple pajamas and slippers, her brown hair ungroomed but still flowing smoothly down her back. She let out a huge yawn and smiled at Vanessa.

"Sorry, my alarm didn't go off," she laughed, letting Vanessa inside.

"For a minute or two I almost thought you weren't gonna show up to your own showing," Vanessa teased her. Angie chuckled and rummaged around her living room sofas for the remote. The two of them liked to indulge into their television shows together, whether it was pointless gossip shows on TLC or one of the many slews of action-packed super hero crime dramas.

"Can't find the remote," Angie sighed, tossing her couch cushions aside. "How've you been?" she asked nonchalantly as she tore apart her house.

"Good, I suppose. Nothing to complain about," she said idly, walking towards Angie with a piece of paper behind her back. "I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?" Angie laughed, not turning back to her yet. "Did you find the remote?"

"No, it's even better. Have you heard about the Teaho trial?"

"Isn't that, like, perfume?"

"Yep. I put your name in for the free trial and you won!" her friend squealed, holding out the flier. Angie shot back at her, stunned.

"What?!"

"You won, Angie! You're gonna be in the Teaho perfume trial! You're gonna be one of the first people ever to use the new line of Teaho!" Vanessa cheered on, but Angie was blushing tremendously.

"No, no, no, you know I can't do that!" she cried, pacing in circles. "Why would you put me in for a perfume trial?!"

"Because you're beautiful and need to know it. You don't have to be so shy and secretive, Angie. I want you to see how great you really are."

Angie looked at Vanessa with eyes that were near to bursting, a quivering mouth near to bawling, but she held back. Was this excitement she felt? She had never considered herself to be a particularly good looking woman, but if Vanessa told her she was, it must have been truth.

"Alright, fine," she submitted. "But I won't like it," she added, sticking out her tongue to her friend. Vanessa stuck hers right back, being especially vocal about it. Both girls soon burst into laughter and continued the quest for the remote. After what seemed countless hours Vanessa found it hidden in the depths of the under-the-table drawers (who knows how it got there) and with a triumphant "Finally!" she held it up and clicked at the T.V., jumping back into the couch.

But it didn't bring them to their usual lazy Sunday shows. Instead, they were given an emergency News broadcast. Channel Seven's Hugh Ricardo didn't look as pep and perky as he usually did.

"I'm standing here in New York City just moments after the... the... giant human-like creature passed through... you can see the damage done on these buildings by the street over here..." the camera turned away from him and pointed to a complex of towers, their front sides collapsed on themselves. "So far there's no word from officials on who or what this giant monster was... roll the footage again, Danny."

Hugh's sputtering monologue was broken into footage taken from a helicopter, looking down on the city. For just a second the girls didn't even notice anything particularly odd, viewing an occupied street, but the camera jerked to the side and revealed a massive black-haired woman walking among the towers. Like a wrecking ball she smashed a building to her right. It then cut back to Hugh once more, but he didn't seem to be making any progress.

"...what is that?" Angie whimpered, but her friend was too stunned to think of anything to comfort her.

 

 

"Ms. Kayden, Ms. Kayden!" someone chanted frantically, pounding on her trailer door. The actress responded instantly, not even having been in there long enough to do anything nasty.

"What's up?" she asked, trying to sound as genuine as possible.

"Have you seen the news?" the man asked her, his face visibly shaken. Megan became distressed at his shattered composure.

"No, what's going on?" Without a word she was lead to the main stage, where everyone was huddled around a small television playing the News broadcast. Gently bringing herself along the gathering she came closer to the television and saw more clearly what everyone was so worried about.

She couldn't believe it.

It was so ridiculous to say out loud or even think about... it was a giant woman strolling about, and buck naked all the same. Megan was frightened by the prospect of something so large; even in its very existence it made her feel weak and helpless.

But then she got a closer look and a whole new feeling struck her. If she focused just enough she could see the streets she walked were not abandoned, they were flooded with people, looking like little more than specks from this aerial view. The woman walked through them without even passing a glance. As it played again she watched for it more carefully and her suspicions were confirmed: she stepped on them by the handfuls.

Megan remembered what it was like to feel beetles and ants crushed under the weight of her foot and wondered if smashed human felt similar, but quickly snapped out of it. That was disgusting, even for her.

"We'll probably have to cancel your appointment at the Teaho perfume trial," her manager suddenly said, appearing next to her. "I'm really sorry, we'll have to... figure someting out--"

"Don't worry, I completely understand. I just hope they can take care of this... I wouldn't want it to end up here."

Everyone seemed to nod at once, entranced to the horrifying spectacle.