- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Two in one night! Who woulda thought?

Jen Jaguar yawned and stretched lazily as she opened the door to her room once more, fiddling with the keys. Once the door was opened and promptly closed behind her, she tossed the keys onto her bed. She would have joined them if not for Rondy's massive boots before her, one tapping angrily.

"What?" she called up to her, but she was not in a playful mood.

"I can't believe you did that, Jen," her voice boomed. Jen had gotten used to the volume by now.

"It was just a... hold on," she muttered, becoming tired of having to shout. She made sure she was clear of her room and expanded, growing upward until could speak more casually with her friend. If she had wanted to she could have grown bigger, but she knew she was already in enough trouble. "It was just a joke," she said once they were eye to eye.

"He could have been killed, Jen! I could have stepped on him by accident!"

"You would have heard him scream if he was in danger," Jen dismissed her, shooing her hand.

"And why would you bring him in here when I was coming out of the shower of all times? You know I hate it when people look at my feet! They're so huge, it's embarrassing!"

"Everything about you is huge, Rondy, but you aren't embarrased that you have hands or eyes."

"I've never liked people looking at my feet, they're just ugly."

"Look, I'm sorry someone saw your feet. Can you forgive me?"

"Yes, but on one condition." Jen laughed under her breath and rolled her eyes as she heard this, once she had turned her head away.

"What?"

"Never do it again."

"Do you think any more random people are going to end up in here? The EDF are secret, right? Like top secret?"

"Yes, but if Sarah's willing to let people in simply because she believes they have 'connections' I don't see why there wouldn't be more, and maybe soon."

"Overthinking as usual, Rondy," Jen responded, strolling over to Rondy's bed and taking a seat on it.

"I'm not overthinking," she said firmly, turning to maintain eye contact with her roomate. "I'm just thinking responsibly. That's what we have to do as Kaigiantesses."

"I think being a Kaigiantess is pretty fun," Jen said, adjusting the pillows to support her back.

"That's because you can always go back to normal if you want to. Some of us don't have that luxury." Jen picked up on the drooping tone in Rondy's voice and sat up straight.

"Listen, Rondy, you know I'd never do something just to spite you. I'm just screwing around, you know that, right?"

"Yes, but you need to be careful is all. Goddesszilla is proof that more Kaigiantess are out there, and we might end up putting your training to use some day."

“I know, I know. But I'm excited to fight. You've done the simulator, right? I swear I have like a second sense when it comes to not stepping on people when I'm in that thing, I never get any of em."

"Yes, I've used the simulator. I've fought before, you know." As Rondy told her friend this, Jen's jaw dropped nearly to the floor.

"Whhaaaatt? You've fought a Kaigiantess?"

"I thought you knew? You don't remember Project Dragonfly?"

"Oh, that thing. I don't really consider it a Kaigiantess, it's more like a monster."

"She's not an it, Jen, it's not her fault she turned out the way she did."

"Doesn't make it any less monstrous. It's like a Kaigiantess version of the Hulk or something. Or Man-Bat. Or like, a Xenomorph..."

"Alright, I get it," Rondy interrupted before Jen got carried away as she so often did. "But anyway, it's not the same as the simulators. It helps, yes, but you need to know more than what the simulator tells you. You need a style."

"I'm freestlye," she laughed, taking a giant-sized soda from the giant-sized mini-fridge at Rondy's bed. "Always have been, always will."

"I'm just saying it might not work out that way. You should take it a little more seriously."

"Rondy, don't worry about me. If it ever really gets to the point that people count on me, I'll have their back. You know that," she tipped her hand to Rondy and took a swig from her can. "You trust me, right?" she asked once the drink had gone down.

Rondy laughed and nodded.

"Yeah, I trust you. Now get off my bed, you nut."

 

 

"Aah!" Giselle squealed as the last bit of her ice cream slid free of the cone and plopped onto her exposed stomach.

"Way to go," Emma teased in the sunchair beside her, soaking in the sun of the beach. "Can't take you anywhere." Shaking her head, she knew she was getting to her.

"It was an accident, leave me alone!"

"Cut it out, you two," Mandy ordered on the far left, annoyed. "I don't wanna get kicked off of this beach too." Emma consigned and laid back into her seat as Giselle cleaned herself. The three had been best friends for as long as any of them could remember; they were practically sisters.

Giselle had always been the most fragile among them. Her form was diminutive and never imposing, small and compact. That was not to say her silver bikini did not make her attractive, but that she often had trouble asserting much of anything for herself. Even then she fussed over the dripping ice cream on her belly.

Emma in the middle was the boldest by a wide margin, to a fault. She seemed to delight in teasing and tormenting Giselle, despite their friendly relations, simply because she was the only of the three who put up with it. Her red swimsuit, bright and aggressive, suited her quite nicely.

Mandy was the undisputed leader of the little beach gang. It was something oddly dominating about her that allowed her the right to guide her friends, and they were often happy to oblige. Her beach attire was a green two piece, a suit that she flaunted with pride. For, to many, she was the most beautiful of the three, and this helped in her leadership.

"You guys hear about the thing in New York?" Mandy asked to try and distract Emma for at least a brief while before she was back on the attack.

"Yeah, pretty crazy. Is it a person who got huge or a monster or something?"

“I dunno, they haven't said anything. I mean, it looks like a person, doesn't it?"

"It's huge, I have no clue what it is," Emma huffed, applying some extra sunscreen. "What do you think, Giselle?" she asked, playfully dabbing her arm with the lotion.

"How can I know?" she asked gently, just having removed the last remnants of the ice cream and tossing the cone to the sand.

"It was just a question," Emma said quietly and innocently, putting her sunglasses on and pouting a bit. She made the slightest smirk as Giselle became distressed, rubbing the lotion into the skin of her arm.

"I think it's a person," Mandy piped back in, causing her two friends to turn their heads and see her. "Didn't act much like a monster, other than the city destroying. But it wasn't even really on purpose. It just kind of happened."

"Didn't people die too, though? Like, even outside of the city destroying?"

"Well you saw the video, right? People got squished. Like when you walk across the lawn you might not see a bug before you crush it."

"I'm not gonna lie, that's kind of awesome to think about."

"You're such a sicko," Mandy laughed, coming to expect it from Emma.

"It could be worse. I could be like Giselle and like hentai."

"For the last time, I don't like hentai!" she nearly screamed, smacking Emma on the side. It was a running joke between them that Giselle had a fascination with hentai, particularly the tentacled variety. The joke had been ongoing for so long, Mandy couldn't remember when it had begun. She watched as Emma wiggled her fingers and ran them down Giselle's stomach to her legs; it was a game to her, pretending to be some sort of squid as if to turn her on. She simply shoved it away and Emma laughed.

"Calm down, you baby, I'm just playing. Hey, Mandy, when are we going to Teaho or whatever?"

"I don't know if it's still gonna happen. Place just got torn up."

"It didn't wreck that much. I don't think it even touched Teaho, did it?"

"I doubt they showed everything. My guess is they'll make a statement about it at some point."

"I was looking forward to that," Emma breathed, but she didn't quite sound upset. It was difficult to make her anything more than briefly irked. "I'm getting kinda bored just sitting here. Wanna come for a swim, Mandy?"

"Nah, I need to work on my tan some more."

"What about you Giselle?"

"No thanks. I like just being able to sit down."

"You guys are boring," Emma complained, shaking her head and rising from her seat. Taking a floating tube in one arm she ran out to the waters, but not before squirting more sunscreen in Giselle's direction.