- Text Size +

                The night was brisk, the air was vibrant. She looked to me, with those large, inquisitive eyes, like so many times before. This was going to be a special night, two tickets, one night, and an anniversary like no other. That black dress that just seems to exude her already stunning beauty. No matter how many times I’ve seen her wear it, never does it fail to make an impression, and leave me in a constant state of fixation.

                “Hey, you alright? You haven’t said anything since we’ve left.” she says with just a bit of concern.

                “Oh… yes. Everything is fine, perfect even.”

                “There’s that optimism I fell in love with.”

                “Yes my dear, it hasn’t gone anywhere.” I reply, holding a cheeky smirk. Nudging her closer to me.

                “I just can’t believe you’ve got tickets to Lincoln Center. What a catch, I’m quite impressed.”

                “Yeah, you think I didn’t know about your fascination with early Baroque?” I’m sure she can hear the sarcasm.

                “I wouldn’t call it a fascination, I’d like to think of it as a musical appreciation, a particular genre I like. I know you are not too fond of it.”

                “Hold on, I never said I didn’t like classical music. I do like it, although I feel more at home with an electric guitar. But hey, no matter, this isn’t about me, it’s about us. And soon to be, the classiest anniversary ever, with the most beautiful woman I’ve had the fortune to meet all those years ago.”

                “I take it you’ve been reading a lot of romance novels. Even though that was kind of cheesy, you’re a great guy. And here we are, on this train, together, about to enjoy all this culture, on a perfect night.” She leans in, as I purse my lips to hers. A kiss sealed with the vigor of youthful expression. I pull back for just a second,

                “Happy anniversary.”

                “Happy anniversary.” She coyly says, barely on the tip of her breath.

Before our lips touch once more, the intercom alerts us of our impending stop, to partake in the nights festivities.

                “This is our stop babe.” As gently as I could say it.

                “Of course.” She affirms.

Out of the train, onto the platform, up the stairs to feel that brisk night air once again. The city streets, bustling, all sorts of commotion. The lights, flashing by the multitudes, as numerous as the pedestrians littering the sidewalks and causeways. A short walk more, as we hold our hands, in fine fancy attire. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, until we see a particular storefront with a growing mass of people crowding around it.

                “I wonder what that’s all about?” curiosity in her voice.

                “Probably nothing, some breaking news maybe?”

                “Maybe, but that’s an awfully big crowd. That is something you don’t see much of”

                “I guess we can take a look.” I relent.

We try to push the crowd aside but that becomes a losing battle rather quickly. A multitude of people, with looks of what I can only determine to be fear. Something is definitely happening. I try to approach a man closer to the crowd.

                “Hey… hey… sir? What is going on here?”

                “I have never seen anything like that, that’s impossible.”

                “What is impossible?”

                “I don’t even know what to make of it, apparently midtown is completely off the grid. Christ…”

                “They’ve locked down half of the city.” Someone else adds.

                “When did this happen?” I try to make sense of this.

                “Moments ago, half hour ago I think. God, she’s gigantic, like a walking skyscraper”

                “I think we should go” she clings to my arm

                “Now hold on, this can’t be real, it’s gotta be some prank or something. That’s not possible, no one can be as tall as a skyscraper.” I try to reason with her, and myself in the process.

                “I don’t know, if only I could see the TV’s.”

                “Let’s just keep going, we have a whole night planned, there is no way that this is happening. It has to be some kind of joke.”

                “I just don’t know, what if it is true?”

As if on cue, a loud bang, as deafening as anything that I’ve ever heard. An explosion, like all the world’s nuclear arms gone off at once. Everyone in the vicinity turns their collective heads, with hands covering their ears. I attempt to shield her, as all of us crowded on this street crouch to the ground. Police sirens wail in the distance, and a few come closer to us. Approaching smoke and debris fills the cold night air. I can barely make it out. Everyone turns to run, as if death follows all who don’t.

                “Come on, we’ve got to go!” I yell to her.

                “I… I…” she barely gets out under her choking breath

It’s a marathon, a sprint for our lives. Hundreds, thousands, in a mad dash. The smoke envelopes every corner of observable earth. Cars abandoned, strewn across an increasingly deadly landscape. No one is safe, more explosions invade our ears, as debris continues to asphyxiate. We ran as far as our feet would allow. Her feet could not keep up, as she discarded her heels. I held her, in my arms, not sure what would happen to any of us. I could see the blood slowly leave her soles. Pure adrenaline, a primal survival instinct awakened. There was everything imploding around us. My only desire was to see her safe, to protect her from all means of danger, that which was possible… and impossible. I look down to her delicate face, her eyes heavy with tears and wide with terror. That beautiful face, trying to comprehend, struggling to find the words. Those dark pools of ebony, looking to me, as longingly as I’ve ever known them to hold.

                For what seemed like an eternity, and probably was, we stop and hide in a nearby building, with others in tow. We collapse to our knees. Panic, mass panic, so thick in the air, as thick as the soot falling outside. It almost looked like snow, so majestic despite its ominous presence. I dare to look outside, into the heavy blanket of distilled destruction. I see, I see what I wish I hadn’t.

                She was… a goddess. That was the only way to describe it. Luminescent blonde hair, eyes, massive eyes, the most piercing blue eyes I could ever witness. Illuminated by the fire and surrounding buildings that braved her imposing stature. She was as big, no… bigger than most buildings in her path. This goddess, licked her lips seductively, almost carefree, which sent a chill down my spine. Her body... it was unbelievable. Completely nude, and not ashamed at all. Her breasts, colossal and proud, protruding over a supple frame with equally supple hips. Legs that seem to extend for miles, this can’t be real. This is a goddess, in every essence of the word.

                Luckily she seemed to stop in her tracks, but her devastation began. The goddess, tore through buildings like paper-mache, with so little regard for human life. She was several blocks away, destroying everything in path, but not in a classic rampage monster movie-like way, it was seductive, sexual, haughty even. She grinded on skyscrapers with all the motion of a dancer. Gyrating her colossal hips in a most sexual way, as if she was on exhibition for millions of city dwellers. Concrete, glass, and asphalt caved in to her erotic motions. Her breasts free swinging like the most massive of wrecking balls, plowing through many unlucky structures. I couldn’t help but get excited, but I also can’t help but feel ashamed of it, especially considering her obvious lethality, and the fact that my love is in critical danger. Like all of us who are now in the shadow of such a goddess, who inexplicably came as if to defy all reason itself.

                A stunning destructive force, sheer power and enormity on an impossible scale. She made quick work of all who stood in her way, in increasingly innovative ways, using all of her assets to her advantage. She plowed her breasts into an office complex, leaving two gaping holes into the edifice. Then the goddess did what I wouldn’t think anyone of seemingly human disposition would do. She plucked those poor people, held a handful high above her mouth. God… what is this…? No remorse, not even a look of second thoughts. One by one they fell. Falling hundreds of feet to assured oblivion. One by one they fell, never to be seen again, nothing but an appetizer for this insatiable deity. I could see it, even from this distance. She enjoyed it, she enjoyed every second of it. That casual roll of the eyes, like it was nothing. As if it was merely a snack. Those people, I’m sure they couldn’t even understand it, and I can only hope it was painless.

                The goddess’s next depraved act lived up to every sense of the word. She grabbed a building straight from its foundation, a miracle it was still intact. It was a delicate grasp, surprisingly so. She placed the unfortunate building in between her titanic breasts; pantomiming the obvious, yet surprisingly delicate. The structure was still intact, after many moments of riding it up and down, between the largest breasts in the entire world. The goddess stopped standing, proceeding to level the area with her mere act of sitting, where she took that skyscraper, still braving her existence, and proceeded to… pleasure herself with it. Further and further it went, as she uprooted some more buildings to place inside of her. The moans were earsplitting, in what can only be described as an ultimate display of sexual liberation. Louder and louder she moaned, reaching climax with mankind’s great monuments to commerce. The goddess squirmed in pure ecstasy, as everything collapsed around her, it felt like an earthquake. One last burst of orgasmic pleasure. I swear, every glass pane shattered from the sound. I turn to my love, shaken and tired. She speaks in a most dulcet of tones, even in a quivering and fearful state.

                “I… I… I don’t know if we are gonna make it.”

                “Don’t say that. Please don’t… say that, we will find a way out of this.”

                “No… no…” she barely gets out in a flurry of tears. I huddle her close, as close as I’ve ever held her, I can feel the tears in my eyes.

                “I... I love you, and no matter what happens, I’ll always love you… In this live or the next…”

                “I love you too.” As we both weep in unison.

No more words, silence, as we held each other. Nothing else mattered, we were completely enveloped in each other, our misery unified, coalesced. We have been together for all this time, only to see it possibly come to end tonight, on a night that was to celebrate our devotion and affection. Even though our lives are in peril, we have each other. We have found a deeper affection that only could come from not knowing our mortal fate, through this unholy act of god. All was silent, but only for a short time.  

The ground shook, the noise filled all the negative space. The goddess was close by. Loud booms accompanied her every footfall. People started to run away again, I took my love by the hand, we rose, fully, out into the street, where the goddess roamed. She was coming towards us, with her seductive gait. Glass rained from buildings on high. She was a force of nature, we stood… absolutely frozen in time. Her feet came closer towering high above us. The goddess unceremoniously grabbed a few cars, and people, and crushed them all in her hand, while we could see her free hand reach into her cavernous vagina, high above our heads. But then, she stopped, in front of where we stood. Her foot next to us, from this we could make out every ridge of her flesh. We stood, horrified and in awe, to look up to such an unspeakable sight. The goddess looked down at us, and smirked a particularly devilish smirk. A final kiss, for what would seem like the last time, as we embrace, clutching on for our lives, in the shadow of the goddess.