- Text Size +

Tim and his daughters boyfriend, soon to be husband, Chris were in the basement working on a new device that would help with the ditribution of resources. Imagine being able to hold the amount of goods a shipping container can carry in the palm of your hands, and once it reached its destination grow it back to the desired size. It would save on natural gas and emisions that are polluted into the atosphere. You could ship an entire cities resources in a box.

Tim (50) was a scientist who went straight to work after graduating from Yale. Companies were very interested in his theories and developments. He met his wife Jessica (49) at college. She was a swimmer for the school. She stood about 5'9'' while Tim was 5'10''. They fell in love and had five children. Lindsey (28), Chirs' (28) soon to be wife who took after her mother as a swimmer, stood about 5'8''. Catherine and Jessi who were both into fitness and personal training, not ripped but well toned. Both stood about 5'6''. Catherine was a year older at (23) while Jessi was turning (22). Emma, (16), was in High School and was an avid soccer player. Very well fit and stood about 5'4''. Cody was the youngest at (13). A seventh grader who was showing potential in the field of science like his father. Cody stood at 5'4''.

Chris was in love with Lindsey and she loved him. He fell in love with her when they had begun to talk. They met in the gym, she fell for his brains, much as her mother did with her father, and he couldn't take his eyes off of her. 

As Tim and Chris were working away at the machine in the basement, the other family members were upstairs getting ready to celebrates Jessi's 22 birthday. Cody was up in his room on his computer, Emma was watching TV and everyone else was setting up for the party. 

About an hour later their neighbors began to arrive. 

Guests: Molly and Dave, Brad and Katie, Kevin and Terry, Shane and Cali, Eden and John.

As the guests were settling in on the couches and enjoying the snacks, Jessica called all of the family members to meet in the front yard for a photo. Cody came down and follwed Emma outside. Lindsey, Catherine and Jessi all stepped out as well. Jessica walked down in the basement.

"Tom, Chris, we're doing a photo outside now hurry up." Jessica said.

Jessica walked back up and exited the front door.

"Alright I'm done for now Tim, we can continue later." said Chris.

"Go ahead I'll be right up." repsonded Tim.

Chris exited the basement and began heading to the front door. He noticed all the guests and was reaching for the door knob when he heard a small crash in the basement. He turned around and saw a flash, as quick as a lightning strike. 

A few seconds later Chris regained consciousness and the ringing in his ear left. The first thing he noticed was it was very quiet. No more noises or talking from the party guests. Then he opened his eyes. He saw a vast brown plain in front of him. He wasn't an idiot, but it took him a second to realize it was the hardwood floor. Chris began to seemingly choke on the air he was breathing in disbelief. He looked at the crack between the panneling on the floor and guessed he must be about 1/8th of an inch. 

Tim was in the same state of dibelief as Chris. He stood before the now gigantic malfunctioned and destroyed machine that looks like nothing more than a pile of debris. 

Outside the family heard nor saw anything. They looked just past their mailbox and noticed a few friends walking over to also celebrate. 

Other guests: Catherine and Jessi's friends.

Hannah, Devan, Katelyn, Charlie, and Jeff

"Hey!" Jessi exclaimed. "I can't believe you guys made it!"

"Let's just do this later mom." said Emma

"Alright, fine we can do it later; let's get inside." An upset Jessica said.

With that everyone, inculding the new guests, statred to make way to the front door and rejoin the party.

Chris was overtaken by fear as he heard slow, thunderous booms coming from behind him. And slow but somewhat loud voices. He turned and saw he was still by the front door, he forgot they all went outside. Sound and time seemed to stop as he heard the knob of the door begin to turn. 

It creeked open.