- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Warning: Contains violence and death, so don't read if your not into that sort of thing.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This was written originally for ETZ's contest, but I got sidetracked so I don't get a picture done for this. :(

________________________________________________________________

               It is said that there are two kinds of people in this world; those with money, and those without it. For those who have wealth, life becomes a limbo of pleasure and choice. All the finest things the world has to offer are at your disposal, and you feel as if your life is the center of the universe. Sadly money is not an unlimited resource, and more often than not there are those who have none at all.              

               Such was the case with the students who attended Lower city High. Your typical suburban high school located inconveniently in the middle of the poorest section of the city. Flatsburrow, a miserable armpit of a district boxed in by far richer communities. They were so poor that the buildings which bordered them made the entire district look flat by comparison, hence the name.

               Lucia Shoebuckler was just one of many students that day, staring out the window at the shimmering towers just miles away when the message came through the decaying intercom, “Good news students. Thanks to an anonymous donor, we will be having a change in tomorrow’s fieldtrip.”

               “Instead of going to the waste treatment facility. Where let’s face it, almost all of you will end up working anyways. We will be visiting a private estate in one of the inner districts!” Lucia’s eyes lit up, as one of the only students who cared about education, the opportunity excited her. She had always been curious of the outside world, and the giants who inhabited it.

               It was because she knew deep down her place was out there, not inside Flatsburrow wallowing in filth until a drunken giant chucks a glass bottle that crushes your house. For a poor girl like Lucia this was great opportunity, maybe she could make connections and find a job that didn’t involve recycling shit.

               The next day the buses ran extra early. It was the trip of a lifetime; graduates, parents, everyone was scrambling to get on what few buses there were; pulling every string and excuse they could to find to justify coming along. Even the insolvents, normally prey for the poor, leapt at the opportunity and tied themselves to the sides of the bus.

               This was supposed to be the greatest opportunity she’d ever have, a dream come true, but instead it turned out to be a nightmare that ended with her trapped the second she stepped off that bus.

               All around her were rows of metal bar cages filled to the brink with students, on each container was a label, or rather a price tag; four hundred thousand for the group across from them, a million for another. But this wasn’t a shop or an auction, there was no cashier or even some apathetic shopkeeper, no this was a show.   

               All of them were stripped down to the bare essentials and some arranged in elaborate formations. An unlucky few were suspended in the air with string; others were glued, painted, and posed like dolls, while most were simply left to roam. It was so bizarre and perverse, and Lucia was left shaking with fear at the vile intent of her new owners. She wished she could see what monsters did this but a veil of thick cloth covered them.      

               The loud shrill clack of a legion of shoes filled the room, and the sound of screaming and groaning was drowned out by a cascade of voices so powerful in magnitude they shook the very air. It was all so much to take in; all Lucia could do was crawl into a ball and wait knowing her life was in the hands of those cruel cheerful people.

               The room fell silent, then came the singing…

               “Happy Birthday to you…”

               “Happy Birthday to you…”

               Lucia’s eyes went wide, and her body shook uncontrollably. The reason why she was kidnapped, the field trip, everything; it was all so clear now.

               “Happy Birthday Siesta… Happy Birthday to you.”

                The cloth was lifted, both literally and figuratively; leaving her naked, shivering in shock, and clinging to the nearest person as a group of twenty girls with faces the size of moons stared down at them with amused condescending smiles large enough to swallow a man whole. Their enormous fingers massaging the space between the bars in a desperate bid to drag one of them out of there.

               “So lucky! Look at the prices, so expensive!”

               “My family sucks! All I got for my 18th was a car”

               “Can we have some?”

               They cried like spoiled children, between forkfuls of ‘birthday caviar’ and prime cut lamb; each one downing enough food to feed Lucia’s entire family for weeks; laughing at the circus of damned souls in the center of their dinner table, while a staff of apathetic maids and butlers served them increasingly elaborate portions.

               All the girls were gorging themselves, except for one, a young looking petite girl with blonde and red dyed hair at the head of the table with a metal tiara atop her spoiled little head, who modestly refrained from eating and instead chose to survey the gross spectacle in front of her.

               “Hmmm, I don’t know…” she teased in a refined girlish tone “I really wanted to play with all of them.”

               “Pleeease,” they begged in unison, “Do it for your friends!”

               The table went silent, and even the stoic waiters shivered with anticipation; Siesta Mobile was the wealthiest and most powerful girl there, Lucia’s lifeline hung on the weight of her word.

               Siesta smiled and waved her hand, “Oh’kay. I guess you all can have one cage, but only because I’m such a good friend, right?”

               The blood drained from Lucia’s face, and tears streamed down her face; this was why she had been brought here, to become a meager piece of property to be traded by the idle rich. It was too much for her to handle, she just wanted to go home, forget becoming rich; she might have been poor but at least her life had dignity.

               The girls fumbled and drooled over the cages like wild animals snatching up them up one at a time until there were only a few left, ripping the bars apart with their bare hands, before grabbing a person at random and dragging them out of the cage.

               “Cheers.” They said again in unison, each one raising the person above their heads like a glass of fine wine, “Now let’s eat.”

               The normal human reaction would be to look away, but Lucia needed closure; these were likely her final moments, and she would be damned if they were spent in ignorance. And so she watched, unblinking, as a husky girl with large luscious lips rolled her tongue out like a sticky pink rug and ran it against the shivering half naked boy in her hand. Bulling, whipping, and pressing him into the soft blunt tip of her tongue as he struggled against her firm plump fingers.

               Hot bubbling saliva covered his skin, soaking into his clothes as she absentmindedly sampled his flesh, occasionally kneading his thigh between a row of teeth the size of watermelons. Biting down just hard enough to feel his toothpick of a bone against her jaw, but not enough to crack it; blushing as the leathery bumps of her tongue immodestly forced his legs apart and brushed against his crotch.

               He wept and cursed, “Why? What the hell did I do to you?”  

               She could see his fear and understood his predicament, but simply didn’t care; in fact she loved it. Eating an impoverished person, a man, someone who she could have loved and be loved by, worshiped even, ending his life just to satisfy a carnal craving; for her it must have felt divine.

               Which made his resistance annoying; she frowned and squeezed her burly nails against his chest, cutting off his breathing, “Nothing.” She whispered, amused at the notion of needing a reason in the first place, “I just find trash like you… unsightly.”

               His last moments were spent squirming between two fingers, clawing at a massive hunk of skin and muscle with the girth of a telephone pole while pressed into a sloppy stain of saliva as she cocked her head back and raised him over her glittered lips; salty lukewarm breathe crystalizing spit against his waterlogged skin. Before releasing him with the pulse of a vein; he tumbled at least 20 feet, sliding off her bottom lip before plummeting into the dark depths of her throat and swallowed instantly like a pill.

               Lucia cried for him. She didn’t even know his name, but she had seen him before, Playing, talking in the halls, eating lunch; all those memories and good times silenced by a slightly round-bellied girl with an appetite.

               her heart raced a million beats a second, she was so afraid it was making her sick, or perhaps it was the fact someone just died; either way between the tears, shakes, and stress she felt herself slipping in and out of mental shock. It was a warzone out there, with men and women being torn apart like common food items.

               Another face appeared, this time a middle-aged maid with flowing black hair. Her soft hands gripped the side of her cage and lifted it off the lavish table spread. For a brief moment Lucia thought she was saved, until the maid placed them directly in front of Siesta whose piercing apathetic green eyes carried such gravitas it made death seem trivial.

                “Hello,” she greeted with a warm smile, “I have so many plans for you, not all of them very pleasant,” she paused taking a moment to scan the crowd, “but survivable... Sooo, a bit better than my friends yeah?”

                Lucia looked deep into those emerald green eyes, and for some reason her fear faded away; maybe it was just her adrenaline talking, but that serene look of innocence in Siesta’s eyes, the questionable lack of malice; it was concerning and relieving at the same time.

               “I can’t guarantee all of you will survive, but I’m like, really just; so work hard, amuse me, and if you endure I’ll give you more wealth than you could’ve ever scrapped together in the ghetto.”

               The black-haired maid appeared over her right shoulder, “This is my servant Eveline, and she shall preside over you.”

               Siesta stood to her full height and smiled down at them, long wavy locks of gold and red hair flowed down her scrawny shoulders settling along the curves of her modest breasts, “Your first challenge begins in a few hours. Expect losses.”

Chapter End Notes:

_____________________________________________________________________

Most of this is pre-written so expect an update sometime next week and the week after that.