- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hey, welcome to the party.

This will be a series of short stories existing in the same universe, in part based on that well-established plot device of many a piece of macro art or literature.  Simply put, it’s a world where a large portion of the population shrink due to an inherited gene and become the property of their family and friends, to be used and abused however the taller people wish.  Some shrinkers will be fiercely protected, some may be sold as slave labor, and some may just find themselves part of an afternoon snack.

It’s a well-worn set-up, I know, but stick with me and we’re gonna have a fun time here.  A range of genres will be covered from the sweet to the rough and the platonic to the fetishistic.  I’ll include summaries with each new storyline so you know what you’re getting into.  Most of these stories will be more than one chapter long, and those will be noted as numbered parts.  Please enjoy!

Author's Chapter Notes:

A tiny couple are being sold as pets by a shrinker store, and happen to catch the eye of a curiously playful girl with some interesting plans for the pair. Part 1 of 2.

Glenn clutched himself to Wanda as closely as he could, their heartbeats synced in terror, as they watched the titanic fist of the teenage girl collide with the glass wall of their cage.  Again, and again, the freckled strawberry-blonde ShrinkSmart customer pounded her gigantic balled-up hand against the containment unit, a self-satisfied smirk spread over her lips and a curious glow emanating from her irises.  Every impact rattled the couple’s entire world, from the reflective boundaries of their prison to their highly fragile bones.

            And they were the so-called “lucky ones.”  They had both stopped shrinking at five inches, a size which automatically gave them far greater odds of survival than a large percentage of the population.  Many who possessed the shrinker gene would dwindle down to one, or even a half an inch.  It was a well-established eventuality that those who reached such a pitiful stature usually didn’t stick around for long, either because their owners and former family members found the prospect of caring for something so helpless to be too cumbersome when they could so easily flick them into a trash bin, or because shrinkers who did reach the minimum height were highly sought after by certain underground restaurants catering to clients with unusual appetites, though this was thankfully just a wretched rumor.

            All they had now was each other, and frankly, that was a tenuous reality at best.

            The girl opened her fists and slammed her palms against the glass again, the flesh appearing smushed and discolored from how hard she was pressing against it.  It elicited a particularly violent shake from both Glenn and Wanda inside, as they cowered lower and tried not to tremble too visibly.  Quaking with fear was an offense generally answered harshly by the store manager in ways the victims were often too traumatized to try relating afterward.

            “MOM, come look at these two!” the girl gasped excitedly, thumping the heels of her hands a few more times against the glass, and her lips curled into a coo.  “They’re adorable.”

            “I’m coming, Sherry, I’m coming,” her parent promised with a laugh, and leaned closer to the glass, squinting with some disdain at the sight of the tiny man and woman inside.  The discerning mother adjusted stylish eyeglasses on the bridge of her nose and patted a tight bun on the back of her head, as though afraid her composure would come undone by glancing at such lowly life forms.  “Well, they certainly look healthy enough, at least.”

            “Yeah, but look at them hugging each other.  They must be in love!” the girl exclaimed dreamily.  “So cute.”

            “I suppose anything’s possible if you stick two things in a container for long enough,” the woman sighed with a barely contained sneer, and shrugged.  “Do you want to have the manager open up their box so you can take a look?”

            “Yes!  Yes, yes, yes!” the girl squealed, and the man shuddered at the sight of the young shopper’s tongue lapping quickly out of the corner of her mouth.  As soon as the mother had marched out of sight to fetch the manager, Sherry had pressed her nose to the glass, another grin on her lips.

            “Hello in there, little ones,” she whispered.

            Fighting through the fear, Glenn worked up the courage to raise a hand and wave at the young teen, which earned another eek of delight.  He didn’t like it, but if this girl really had taken a liking to both himself and the only support system he had in the world, it would be in their best interest to make a good first impression, particularly if this Sherry had the wheedling power to get her mother to purchase both, because if she did, he and Wanda would be spending the rest of their lives in the girl’s questionably capable hands.  A show of friendship was probably in order.

            “Yes, it’s these two she’s interested in.  Right, honey?” the woman said at her elated daughter, pointing at Glenn and Wanda’s case as she reappeared from around the corner with the manager in tow, the sight of whom caused the pair of shrinkers to flinch yet again.

            Even though they were fairly good at keeping to the rules, the hard-edged woman who commanded ShrinkSmart took absolutely no resistance from any of her living merchandise, and frequently adopted the strategy of pre-emptively nipping potential problems in the bud.

            Which, for Glenn and Wanda, meant more than enough occasions of being left naked in the staff refrigerator until hypothermia was about to set in, usually for answering one of her questions with “an inappropriate tone.”

            “Ah, yes, them.  Your daughter has a good eye.  They’re both very well-behaved and in their prime,” the manager said as she pulled a key from a ring and set about opening the glass prison up.  Her steely eyes shot Glenn and Wanda a furtive glance that instantly ordered them to plaster fake smiles on their faces, which they did against their better judgment as the barrier between themselves and their oversized admirer was removed.

            “How old are they?” Sherry’s mother questioned.

            “Glenn, the male, is twenty-four and Wanda, the female, is twenty-three.  So, they’re both spry and filled with energy for interacting with their owner.”

            “Ooohh I like them already,” Sherry chuckled as she leaned closer to the opened cage, her silky locks trailing around her ears.  She smiled at the pair, and despite her continued show of aggressive interest in getting her hands on them, there was no maliciousness in her gaze, something Glenn and Wanda weren’t used to seeing on the faces of potential owners.  They waved again, hesitantly, without letting go of one another.  If their togetherness was a package deal selling point to this authoritative teen, it would be vital to keep up the image, even though there wasn’t much acting involved for the pair who’d grown so close in their frightful confines.

            “Can I pick them up?” Sherry asked of the manager without taking her eyes off the little five-inch prizes, cowering silently before her in their bright red underwear toned to the color of the ShrinkSmart logo.  The question came at a normal volume, completely uncaring of whether or not the tiny subjects heard or understood.  Her pale hands rose up to the level of the cage, her fingertips alighting on the rubber rim where the glass door had swung open, and tapped impatiently in a rippling pattern.  The youth bit her lip softly.

            “Of course,” the manager assured with a smile and a wave of her hand.

            “They’re not gonna try to run away when I do, are they?” the girl added.

            “I would hope not!  They’re ShrinkSmart pets, after all.  We seek only to provide our customers with the best trained specimens,” the manager said with a snicker in her best advertiser’s voice.

            “Cool,” Sherry breathed, and with this assurance, her hands pounced forward into the glass cage, fingers outstretched to receive.  Glenn and Wanda at last let go of one another, well-acquainted now with the sensation of being scooped up by the rough hands of an immature potential buyer and had learned a while back that the best course of action was to just prepare the body individually with tensed muscles for lift-off.

            The impact with Sherry’s palm was indeed forceful, though Glenn was surprised to discover the girl seemed to have some degree of reverence for his personal safety and Wanda’s as well in her other hand.  Her slender fingers coiled around his back firmly with enough strength that snaking out of the teen’s clammy fist would be a virtual impossibility, but nevertheless, he wasn’t going to come away with bruises.

            In fact, as she lifted him out of the cage in her right fist and Wanda in her left, Sherry seemed to be testing how tightly she needed to hang onto the pair to keep them secure without squeezing at all, and Glenn was shocked yet again to find he was fairly comfortable being compressed against the interior of the girl’s cushy hand, the warm flesh of her palm caving intimately against his bare body but without causing discomfort.  She even allowed his arms to freely rest atop her fingers, rather than pinning them hard against his sides, like he so often experienced when being picked up by kids.

            He glanced Wanda’s way in Sherry’s other hand, happy to see his mate was similarly positioned, and they exchanged looks of silently reassuring contentment to let the other know they weren’t in pain.

            It wasn’t a look they frequently had occasion to use.

            “Well?” the manager asked pleasantly.

            “I like them,” Sherry replied resolutely, nodding her head and lifting both hands higher until the heads of both shrinkers were level with her glowing eyes.  “I like how they just let me hold them without moving.”

            “Like I said, only the best here at ShrinkSmart.  Are they your choices, then?” the manager asked, grinning at Sherry’s mother.

            “Please, Mom?” the teen whinnied.  Idly, her thumb slid its way up the crook of Glenn’s neck and onto the side of his face, kneading his cheek gently against the smooth curvature of her fingerprint.

            Even for such an admittedly intrusive act, it wasn’t unpleasant, as she wasn’t even pressing against the young man’s head.  Despite all the unknowns of this moment, he allowed himself to enjoy being petted, and he noted that Wanda seemed to be doing the same thing in Sherry’s other hand as a different finger stroked itself gently through the woman’s long, tangled hair.

            The girl seemed to make note of Glenn’s positive reaction to her impromptu finger massage, because her digit began working more vigorously, but still without nudging the shrinker’s head too hard.  In spite of himself, the hapless shrinker found himself feeling legitimately relaxed under the control of this strawberry-blonde stranger as he savored the gentle touch of smooth flesh that had no intention to harm him as it rubbed his shoulders and face.  It was a novel sensation, to be sure.

            “I don’t know, honey,” the parent sighed, leaning a fist against her chin to contemplate.  “You’re not going to let them make a mess around the house, are you?”

            “No!  I’ll get them a nice big cage like this one so they can run around and stuff, and I’ll clean up after them whenever they need it,” the teen promised, then looked down at the two shrinkers who were obliging the caresses of her firm thumbs.  “Look, they like me too.  See?  They’re so, so precious.  I gotta have them, Mom!”

            “Okay, hold up, let’s just… talk about it a little more.  We’ll let you know, okay?” the woman said first to her daughter and then to the manager, who didn’t even let her dejection at not sealing the sale yet show through as she gave them a knowing smile and marched off to other parts of the store, leaving Sherry and her mother alone again.

            Glenn took a deep breath, his eyes darting over to Wanda across the expanse of Sherry’s shirt in her other massive hand, and could make out a bead of nervous sweat on the tiny woman’s brow that neatly matched his own.  Out of unknown boldness, he chanced a treacherous glance up at the looming face of Sherry’s mother, but regretted it in the same second as his eyes fell upon that feminine monument of reason and power that obviously had almost no patience for life forms such as himself and Wanda.

            A knot was twisting itself ruthlessly into the pit of his stomach.

 

Chapter End Notes:

More will be coming soon. I know I put a lot of tags on this story, but we're going to be covering a very diverse set of scenarios.

Please comment!