- Text Size +

The United Nations General Assembly was in session. 

“… the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea categorically denies the lies and accusations that the South and their pig-dog American masters have raised against us.  The DPRK has not kidnapped any South Korean citizens…”  The North Korean delegate was giving a fire-and-brimstone speech that would not have looked out of place at even the most radical church.

The rest of the General Assembly muttered quietly in disbelief.  No one had evidence to back up allegations of a kidnapping, but at the same time almost every nation instinctively distrusted North Korea.

Click.  Clack.  Click.  Clack.

The North Korean delegate’s speech was interrupted by the sound of high heels on marble.  The assembly room collectively turned around to find themselves staring at a young Korean woman dressed in black leather and high heeled boots.

She continued to walk down the isle between seats towards the podium.  The assembled ambassadors were stunned and wondering why security was not stopping her.

“He’s not wrong, you know.”  Jimin stated in Korean.  Her words echoed in the minds of each delegate in their native tongue.

The North Korean delegate was the first to regain his composure. 

“See?  She is one of the “missing” women!”  He screeched, pointing his finger at Jimin.  “This is proof that the Democratic People’s Republic had no involvement in this…”

Jimin waved her hand casually and the North Korean delegate found the air rushing out of his lungs.  He gasped like a fish on land, trying desperately to speak.

“Ugh, there’s nothing I hate more than a man who doesn’t know when to shut up.”  Jimin complained as she approached the podium.

The room erupted into commotion as the gathered delegates frantically tried to summon security.  Jimin rolled her eyes at the noise and continued to saunter towards the podium.  The diplomats reminded her all too much of the old, disgusting, middle-aged record executives who constantly stared and tried to grope her bandmates.  They used to have to smile and bear it.  Not anymore.

One of the delegate’s aides sitting close to the isle surged to his feet and attempted to rush Jimin.  She smiled as she reached out with one of her seemingly delicate arms.  She flicked her index finger.  To Jimin’s superhuman senses, her finger made contact with the aide’s chest, leaving a bloody crater the size of a dinner plate in the centre of his torso.  To everyone else who was watching, his body simply lifted into the air and evaporated in a red splat on the roof of the General Assembly chamber.

Jimin’s face displaced only smug satisfaction as she reached the podium and the choking North Korean ambassador.  The debate chamber had now fallen into mad panic.  The leather-clad singer grabbed the prone ambassador and lifted him up by his collar.  She turned to address the delegates.

“World leaders,” She addressed before pausing.  The fingers of her free hand stroked the tip of her chin in contemplation. 

Former world leaders,” she continued smugly.  “Many of you know who I am.  Some of you do not.”

The panic had subsided to a small extent as delegates turned their attention to the petite songstress addressing them.

“I am Jimin, leader of the Angels, but from now on you can all address me as Goddess.”  She continued with a slight giggle.

This elicited an uproar from representatives of more religious countries.  Jimin ignored the yells of “blasphemy!” and “infidel!”

“Several weeks ago, my sisters and I gained powers that you can’t even imagine.  We’re now more powerful than all of your silly little countries put together.”  Jimin explained as the General Assembly gawked in disbelief.

“The world belongs to us now, and you – humanity – will all be our servants.”  A broad grin had spread across her face as she made this declaration.

She threw the struggling North Korean ambassador to the ground in front of her.

“You.”  She intoned coldly as she regarded the ambassador with distain.

“You have the honour of being the first to submit to us.  Kiss my boots.”  She ordered.

The North Korean delegate let loose with a long string of Korean obscenities and spat at the black-clad woman in front of him.  It was a trivial matter for Jimin to use her telekinesis to deflect the glob of spit away.

“What a shame.”  Jimin sighed as she shook her head.

The entire room was holding its collective breath, waiting to see how the cruel singer would respond to this defiance.  What they saw then was beyond belief.

The North Korean ambassador started getting smaller.

Jimin was now staring at him intently, like a cat watching its prey squirm as it toyed with its catch.  Slowly, the man dwindled in size.  First to the size of a large dog.  Then to the size of small cat.  Finally, to the size of a rat.  He tried to run, but his short legs couldn’t carry him very far. 

The K-Pop star raised one of her lengthy, stocking-clad, legs over the fleeing figure.  The terrified man barely had time to look up at the shadow above him before the rubbery sole of her shoe slammed down on him.

Jimin felt a satisfying crunch under her foot.  She saw the ambassador’s body burst like a grape filled with red gore.  The rest of the delegates could only watch in abject shock and terror as she twisted her foot against the ground – turning the ambassador’s body into a bloody smear on the carpet.

“Well, now we’ll have to make an example of what happens if you defy us.”  The svelte Korean woman purred seductively. 

Without another word, Jimin disappeared in a flash of bright light.  The diplomats were left to their terror, confusion, and impotent rage.

For a few seconds.

Faster than any mortal person could comprehend, the roof of the General Assembly caved in.  The last thing anyone in that chamber saw was a massive black object hurtling towards them behind chunks of falling ceiling.  The object would have been a familiar sight to the dead North Korean ambassador – it was the sole of Jimin’s boot.

***

Jimin sighed in satisfaction as her foot demolished the United Nations building.  She was now standing a thousand times taller than her normal size – about a mile tall.  She swept her 250 meter long foot through the entire UN complex, reducing it to rubble.

The leader of the Angels knew that UN meetings were being recorded and broadcast, so her mission to send a message to the political leaders of the world was complete.  Now, it was up to her other band-members to execute their parts of the plan.

Now it was time for her to send a message to the common people of the world – and have some fun in the process.

She surveyed Manhattan from an unparalleled vantage point.  Jimin used her telekinetic powers to rip every bridge connecting the island to the rest of New York out of their foundations.   People, cars, trucks and busses were thrown into the waters below or crushed outright as she did so.  She was delighted at the thought of how powerless those people were, unable to resist the power of her mind.

The callous diva willed the bridges to fly towards her, trailing debris over Manhattan as they went.  She used her mind to smash them together into a hundred-meter ball of tortured metal and shattered concrete.  She then grabbed the ball with her hand.  Jimin tossed the ball in her hand a couple of times like a baseball player going for a perfect pitch.

Without warning, she threw the makeshift sphere into Brooklyn with inhuman strength.  The projectile tore through buildings, people, cars and roads alike with no resistance until it exploded into a crater.  Jimin’s death-toll was already in the thousands.  She wanted more.

The cruel singer reached out with her mind into the warren of subway and traffic tunnels beneath the city.  With a thought she caused them to collapse, flooding some completely and blocking the rest with rubble.

Now, there was nowhere for the inhabitants for Manhattan to go.  They belonged to her now… and she was going to have some fun.