- Text Size +

As Adella came back into consciousness she groaned and moaned in agony, her head feeling rather like it had been crushed by a tank tread. She hissed as she blinked from the dim light above her, looking so bright in her current state. Her head lolled to the side as she tried to blink the blurriness from her eyes. The Sister Superior's scrambled mind was still just waking up from whatever had put her out in the first place. She tried to put a hand over her face but found that her hand wouldn't move.

Any grogginess was shattered by that realization as she noted with alarm that her hands were tied behind her back. She tried to say something but found the gag fastened around her mouth made that rather difficult. Her body had been stripped completely bare, exposing her lean and pale form for any to see. She tried to move, squirming as she found whatever was binding her hands was connected to something behind her, the same applying to her ankles. For the moment she was trapped.

After a long while everything came flooding back to her, the memories of the raid almost making her ill as she remembered how the Inquisitor had been felled so casually. Of course that likely connected to why she was like this. Had the raid completely failed? Had the witch escaped and taken her prisoner? Had she simply swept aside her other sisters with ease? All very likely scenarios considering she was bound and gagged. The idea of being that... thing's prisoner filled her with dread.

Her eyes moved over the room she was in, her blood freezing at the sight of operating tables and various clean surgical implements. The dim and clean room screamed torture chamber. Adella calmed herself slowly with deep breaths, reminding herself who she was. She was a proud servant of the Emperor and not some frighten girl abducted by some sick cultists. She would not bend or break under their torture, no matter what. Even if she was the last of her sisters the tall woman would not give in.

With a heart filled with anticipation and dread the woman whispered the words to a quick prayer under her breath. "Holy Emperor, though I am surrounded by darkness your light will guide my way. I will not turn from the light of Terra no matter the pain inflicted upon me, for I know my soul is pure. When the end comes I pray you find it worthy enough to take by your side."

It comforted her someone, even without an altar or chapel she had her faith and that was all she needed. They could not steal that from her. Adella didn't know how long she waited in the dim room, bound and gagged as she was. It felt like hours but might well have only been minutes. With nothing else to do she conducted further prayers and meditated upon the light of Terra and the God-Emperor. It was better than just waiting for whatever horror was going to inevitably come to find her.

After a long while the door slid open and in stepped the witch herself. Qora was dressed much the same as last they had met and regarded Adella with an amused smirk. The unnatural allure about her captured the sister only briefly before she snarled and turned her gaze away from the witch. This apparently only amused the heretic as she giggled at the reaction. The woman approached and stooped down, gripping Adella's jaw and wrenching her head around to force the sister to look into her alluring green eyes.

"Greetings Sister Superior Adella." She said, her smooth voice awakening profane urges in even the most faithful.

The alarm on her face drew a laugh from the witch. "Yes, I read your mind while you were unconscious. It was quite the interesting read really. I didn't change anything around, so don't worry overmuch."

The witch removed the gag and stepped back, the sister grunting as she moved her gaze away again. "You will forgive me if your assurances leave me cold, witch." Adella spat.

"My, my, so very hateful. That's good, I love a challenge."

The sister growled at the other woman and kept her gaze firmly away from the other woman. Her gaze was down at first, a mistake as she was granted a view of her sandaled feet and the pink nail polish shining upon them. Slim, pretty, a perfect pair in Adella's opinion. Nothing at all like her own which in her mind were big and clumsy. When she had been a novice her fellows had taken to calling her Sister Bigfoot for her height and proportions, breeding a self-conscious state of mind. Adella tore her gaze away and cursed her own stupid profane urges.

It was her choice to keep her silence, to refuse to speak unto the heretic. It only took the witch a moment to figure that out and when she did she let out another infuriating giggle. Infuriating yet also rather... intoxicating. Adella could not deny that much however she told herself over and over again that it was only due to the corrupting influence of the Warp. These were false and artificial feelings, bred by a creature who had sold her soul to a despicable power. Everything about Qora was a lie, something to tempt her from the path of righteousness. Nothing more.

With her mouth freed she started whispering under her breath.

I am the sword in the hand of the Emperor.

I am the bearer of cleansing fire.

Though my path may be dark

I will not stray from the light of Terra.

As she tried to repeat the litany she was cut off by a loud laugh from her captor. "Oh, my dear, your Corpse Emperor cannot hear you. He doesn't give a shit about you."

Adella clenched her jaw and ground out the words to the litany again. Her eyes burned with utter hatred at the depraved woman's blasphemy and she refused to give her the satisfaction of her rage being directed at her. The heretic was just trying to goad a reaction out of her, to get her all worked up. No, she was going to keep to her faith and her hate and let it warm her as she entertained fantasies of tearing the grinning bitch's head from her shoulders. Oh she was going to enjoy purging the heathen.

A probing sensation prickled at her mind as her fears were played with. She gritted her teeth and repeated the words louder and with more strength, sending them echoing in her mind. The fears dissolved as she basked only in the purity of her faith, dispelling the little horror show her captor had attempted to flash through her mind. With no small amount of pleasure she noted a look of annoyance cross the beautiful woman's face for her resistance. Anything that annoyed her was something Adella would embrace with both arms.

"I see. Ayela must have schooled you on rudimentary resistance to telepathic tampering when conscious. Even in death she manages to make things interesting. Almost a pity she had to die." The witch said at length.

"Ah well, I'm not terribly interested in destroying your mind. I'm more interested in the... desires I got from you. I assure I saw everything. Such tastes must surely have weighed heavily upon your mind." She purred, her annoyance gone.

That actually brought far more fear in Adella than any threat of being in closed spaces or daemons of the Warp. She knew full well her hidden desires were neither normal nor things a servant of the God-Emperor should indulge for a moment. Ayela hadn't been looking for her desires and had instead focused on her fears, or maybe she had simply opted not to judge her harshly. Adella felt enough self-loathing for her impurities but now that they could be used against her by this Slaaneshi witch it was frightening.

"I know, for instance, how much you enjoy the female form. Only natural I suppose given your upbringing." The witch whispered.

Adella winced. That much was indeed very true and she was constantly reminded of that attraction when around her sisters. It was one she had learned to easily push to the side, over time but staring at the perfection of Qora it was very painfully stark in her mind. Fortunately her hatred curbed the false attraction for the most part. A sneer crossed her face next as though daring the Slaaneshi whore to judge her. At least she was repentant for her impurities and begged for forgiveness for her impulses whenever she could.

The bitch placed her foot upon Adella's chest and pushed upon her, pressing the sister further back against the metal pole she was tied to. Her eyes made the mistake of drifting down to the witch's pristine foot, swallowing hard and setting her jaw. This changed nothing, she thought, as she whispered the words to the litany under her breath again. She was not going to give in to temptation, not now, not tomorrow, not a month from now, not for as long as she was here. The witch could torment her all she wished. Adella had denied herself all of her life so she was quite good at it. She adopted an expression of disinterest.

"I know you have a thing for feet as well. Though that is hardly the most interesting one I found. I rather like this next one." The witch said.

Adella suddenly heard a squeaking noise from above and turned her gaze upwards, her eyes widening greatly at what she found. Writhing between Qora's fingers was an unknown woman no bigger than the sister's thumb. She looked utterly distressed as she squirmed and tried to escape the witch's grasp. Her blue eyes met the woman distressed brown ones, a silent plea passing between them. It was then that Adella recognized her as one of the sisters she had brought with her, Marie.

"Sister Superior! Help me!" Marie called, her voice small but tugging at Adella's protective anger.

The Sister Superior strained forward. "You bitch! What did you do to her!? Let her go!" Adella screamed, earning a chuckle from Qora.

"I only did something in tune with your desires, my dear."

The words slammed into Adella's gut like a well-placed kick. One of her more humiliating and distressing burdens. Growing up she had been the tallest girl in the Schola Progenium that had taken her in. She had also been the tallest among the novices when she entered the Order. Often times certain fantasies often took root in her mind in her moments of sinfulness. Like how she might enjoy crushing those bullies that made fun of her into the dirt like bugs. Darker desires but they were there in the back of her mind, repressed like most of them.

She stared at her fellow sister's tiny frame and pushed back the poisonous thoughts. This had been Marie's first real mission outside of the Order headquarters, and she ended up like this. Adella needed to help her. She was the Sister Superior so what happened to those that served under her was her responsibility. The tiny woman had tears of fear in her eyes as she let out another heartrending plea.

"Please Sister Superior, help us..." She wept.

Us? "You... you didn't do this to all of my sisters did you?" A wide grin was all the answer Adella needed. "You monster! I'll kill you for this, you Chaos whore! I'll send your soul screaming to your decadent god for this, I swear it!"

"Oh? Here I thought you'd be happy. You can finally live out your deepest, darkest desires like this. Look at how pathetic and fragile she is, I bet you would love feeling her squirm under your sole." Qora said, her voice seeming to echo in Adella's skull.

No! No, she didn't want this! Adella didn't want this! Her darker fantasies were just that, fantasies, little things she'd entertained in her moments of weakness. Some of her sisters had been rather cruel to her perhaps and some of her subordinates no doubt said some snide things but she'd never actually do anything to hurt them. Any amount of illicit thrills she might have were buried under naked concern for her captive sisters and hatred for her captor for doing this to them.

"Never! You lying, wretched bitch! If you hurt my sisters I swear I'll hunt you from the grave!" Adella shouted.

Qora rolled her eyes. "I won't hurt a hair on their pretty little heads. You'll handle that just fine eventually I suspect, my dear."

With that the witch stooped down and released her grip on the tiny woman, who landed with a squeak. Once she recovered from the rough release Marie stumbled over herself to run towards Adella, who cursed her bonds for preventing her from letting her snatch her up protectively. The tiny woman reached her knee and leaned against it, sobbing in a manner most might find unbecoming of a Sister of Battle. Given the circumstances however Adella couldn't exactly blame her.

"I think she'll tide you over nicely until playtime really starts." Qora said, chuckled slightly as she walked out of the room with Adella glaring at her the whole way.

Once she was gone the Sister Superior turned her concerned attention to her tiny sister. Oh Emperor, what had that witch done to her? Marie sobbed against her knee, the woman indeed no bigger than Adella's thumb. She couldn't imagine how the world looked from that perspective. She couldn't imagine what it had been like to wake up like that, to find that one was so tiny and fragile. And then to have Qora just drag her over her to see her Sister Superior bound and captured like this as well.

Adella needed to get Marie to focus. "Sister Marie, stop your sobbing. You are safe for the moment."

The woman sniffled as she peered up at Adella. "I-I'm sorry Sister Superior. I-Its just- Oh Emperor..."

"Hey, I said stop sobbing. You are still a member of the sisterhood no matter your size. Do not forget that and do not forget the Emperor protects his faithful." The older woman said.

At the very least that seemed to get the other woman to stop sobbing. "Good. Now, I need you to move around behind me. My hands and feet are bound against this pole; I need you to see if you can get me out. If so we might just get out of here." Escape, that was what she needed to focus Marie's mind on.

"Yes, Sister Superior!" Marie said, sounding at least a little more like herself.

Adella followed the tiny woman with her gaze as far as she could; praying to the Emperor the woman could find something that maybe she could loosen. The larger sister bit her lower lip as she felt Marie step onto the bottom of her right foot, walking upwards to try and get a better look at the restraints no doubt. She imagined just climbing up her feet would be a bit of exercise for the tiny woman. That line of thought was slain before it began. She wasn't going to think like that, Marie was doing what she needed to do and it was to help both of them.

The tiny woman spent a bit of time back there and in that time the Sister Superior went through her conversation with Qora. So she had her other sisters. At least they were alive. Adella refused to play into the Slaaneshi's game naturally. There was no way she was going to hurt or abuse her sisters because she had a stupid fantasy. She needed to get out of here and find them. After that... she would think of something. Killing Qora was her first thought but after how that had gone last time it seemed unlikely at best.

After a while Marie returned around the front, looking frustrated. "They are some kind of cuffs, I think they're magnetized to the pole."

Adella cursed. "I see, the witch thought of everything. Maybe there are some cracks or holes or something in here you could fit through?" She suggested hopefully.

Marie nodded obediently and set out through the chamber to try and locate something. Adella suspected she wouldn't find much given how the room looked quite pristine, not like any dank dungeon. Indeed she returned a bit later and confirmed that fear. As it was Marie climbed onto Adella's lap and came to rest there, slumping over into slumber not long after. The Sister Superior kept her position to avoid knocking her off and repeated litany after litany under her breath to keep her mind off of what Qora had said.