- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Yeah, I think this will be shaping up to be one of my darker writings. Anywho, regardless, hope you enjoy. As always, comments, critiques, and the like are always welcome.

A pattern was emerging as far as Adella could tell. Periodically the sister would have a bag placed over her head and would be led out of her cell with her hands magnetized behind her back. She would then be allowed to care for herself for no more than ten minutes in a small bathroom before the bag was placed back on her head and she was led back to the cell. It happened every so often and she naturally resisted when she could, but ultimately she supposed it was good that they were giving her some time to clean and relieve herself. Her feet were also left unbound at least so she wasn't constantly kneeling. It made her no less hateful of her captor of course.

Every meal sent to the room were luxurious platters of the type of foods a noble might enjoy, jellied Grox tongue, various fruits, and well prepared and spiced meats. She denied herself these luxury meals, only drinking the water given to her and the bread on the side. When she was eating her feet would be bound to the pole but her hands would be unbound. She had tried to wrench the magnetized cuffs from the pole but it was no use. The force of the pull was too strong. Of course when she ate and drank she made certain to tend to Marie's needs before her own. She didn't know how much time had passed by this point. Days quite possibly but still she continued her fast.

Marie... she had grown quiet. Occasionally she added her voice to Adella's prayers but most often the tiny woman kept to herself. She never strayed far from the Sister Superior, for which she was very grateful yet at the same time worried about. Mostly worried in regard to her own deviant desires. With Marie so close her dormant fantasies had started to creep their way into her thoughts. Of course the thoughts were diverted towards prayer whenever she caught herself thinking too hard on the subject.

However long into the imprisonment Marie finally spoke up. "Sister Superior, may I ask you something?" The tiny woman said, sitting far too close to Adella's right foot for her comfort.

The larger woman stretched her leg out and regarded her sister. "Of course."

"When the witch said she was only tending to your desires by making me like this what did she mean?" Marie asked.

Adella blanched. She had been expecting this question eventually honestly but it was still not a subject she wanted to discuss. The thought of lying crossed her mind and indeed seemed far more appealing than just telling Marie everything. However given that her current state was something the Sister Superior saw as her fault it seemed rather like she owed the tiny woman an explanation at least. She could only hope she didn't stumble over her words too much. Talking about it was... uncomfortable.

"I... I am only human. I have my sinful moments and I try to learn from them to avoid them from happening again. I'm telling you this as I want you to understand I am shamed by and dislike what I am about to tell you about myself. Please, understand that, Marie." Adella stated, earning a nod from the woman.

"So I often entertained this... this fantasy. Where people were tiny. More easily managed I suppose. I often... did things to them in these fantasies." She said, trying to avoid the heart of the issue.

Of course, Marie had to ask the one question she hoped she wouldn't. "What kind of things?"

"I... deviant things. Sinful things. The witch read my thoughts and wished to play some sick game so she did this to you and our sisters. It's my fault you are like that Marie." Adella said.

Marie was quiet for a few moments. "...You aren't going to do those... things are you?"

It stabbed at Adella's heart that she even needed to ask the question and it showed upon her face. "No! It was a stupid depraved fantasy. I won't hurt you or any of our sisters; I swear it upon the Golden Throne. You aren't some toy for me to abuse; you are my sister in the Order. I don't care how tiny you are. I would sooner chew off my own tongue than hurt you. I will not play the game of this heretic." The Sister Superior said.

An expression of relief crossed Marie's face and she looked fine to let the subject drop, which in turn was a relief to Adella. What she had said was true, she would indeed sooner take her own life than hurt her subordinates. However she had deliberately skirted around the issue of the contents of her fantasies for a reason. Marie would likely not be comforted at all by the twisted thoughts that had once crossed her Sister Superior's mind. Indeed they were thoughts that were trying to creep back into the forefront of her mind.

Once she had turned to the Canoness for answers in regards to these twisted desires and what she had said then comforted her now. The old woman had claimed that the purest of faith is not in a person that felt no temptation or knew no darkness. Rather it was in those that felt its pull but stayed true to the Emperor's light. Just because Qora had given her an outlet for her desires, fulfilled her darkest fantasy did not mean she was going to follow through on it. She would hold true to her faith.

When it came time for her next meal the door slid open and in strode the heathen witch herself carrying the tray. She set it down on one of the tables and hummed as she opened a bottle of what appeared to be amasec and let a few drops fall upon this or that item. With that done she set the tray down on the ground, pushing it and the amasec towards Adella. Marie retreated closer to the larger sister, staring up at the witch with naked hatred. That was good; hatred would keep her heart strong.

Adella stared down at today's meal and noted there was no bread or water, just fine foodstuffs and amasec. Her mostly empty stomach growled at the sight and pleasing smell, causing her to bite her lower lip as she wrenched her gaze up to the witch. She didn't bother setting her feet behind her to be bound to the pole in place of her hands, it wouldn't be necessary this time. She pushed the tray aside with her foot, her gaze never once straying from Qora's. The amusement in her eyes burned Adella to no end.

"Neither I, nor my sister, are interested in your rich food and drink. Gluttony does not become a servant of the Emperor." She stated.

At that moment her stomach let out a particularly loud and embarrassing growl, a flush rising on her cheeks as Qora chuckled. "Your body seems to disagree. I must say your denial of all but the most base of comforts is rather amusing. How long until your body wastes away I wonder as you subsist on a diet of water and bread?"

Adella sneered. "I worry not over such vain matters. If my body must die so my spirit remains pure then so be it! Any loyal sister would do the same."

Qora rolled her eyes and picked up the tray, placing it on the table just as the sister's foot lashed out at her ankle. The witch's eyes widened in surprise as she toppled closer towards Adella, just enough so she could wrap her long legs around her slender little neck. Marie moved around behind Adella to avoid harm as the psyker thrashed about while being choked. A swell of righteous fury rose in her as she tightened her legs around the heathen, intent on choking the life from the corrupt woman or snapping her neck.

The psyker was surprisingly strong despite her appearance, fighting against her hold and nearly breaking free once or twice. She was obviously caught off of her guard from the impulsive attack from the captive sister. Adella twisted her legs this way and that in an attempt to quickly snap the woman's neck, unfortunately the bitch anticipated this tactic and moved her head along with the legs rather than fighting them. In desperation the sister squeezed her neck between her legs as hard as she could, the nails of the witch clawing at her muscled thighs for breath.

Suddenly a pulse of telekinetic energy shot out towards Adella's head, slamming it back against the pole and scrambling the sister's thoughts. Her grip lessened just enough for the witch to squirm from her grasp, rolling away out of reach. The heretic started coughing and gasping for breath and Adella moaned in pain as she tried to reorient herself from the harsh blow. The slap across her cheek from the witch a minute later did not help matters. Qora's face was a mask of fury as she stepped out of range of Adella's feet, her breathing still labored.

"You stupid, deluded whore of the Emperor! Here I am trying to help you and you repay my generosity by trying to kill me! Bitch!" She roared, slamming a sandaled foot into Adella's gut hard.

Pain lanced through the Sister Superior's body and she felt the wind knocked from her lungs from the blow. As she tried to reorient her breathing the heretic leaned against the operating table to do the same, taking a swig of the amasec. Marie moved to climb up Adella's right leg, looking at her abused superior with concern. Qora's gaze slowly turned around towards the pair and her anger was replaced by her perpetual mask of amusement. For some reason the expression felt rather intimidating.

"I see. Perhaps I've been approaching this situation the wrong way. My mistake. Of course you are too indoctrinated to act upon your own desires. You need a little... helping hand." Qora stated.

The foul tendrils of the witch's power grasped into Adella's mind, driving mental hooks into her psyche that she couldn't pull out. The Sister Superior would have screamed in pain, but for the fact that her mouth refused to open. She couldn't move any muscle in her body; even her eyes did not obey her commands. She was paralyzed and none of her defenses were even close to being helpful in dealing with this. She screamed silently behind eyes that were no longer her own as Qora slowly plucked at the strings of her body.

He finger twitched though Adella had not willed the motion herself, her eyes moved but they were not of her own accord. The psyker was playing puppeteer with her body and there was nothing Adella could do to stop her. No, it wasn't like she was a puppet; it was like someone had slipped inside of her body and was filling it like suit of flesh. It was the most alienating sensation she had ever felt in her life and she couldn't even express the sheer horror. She was utterly powerless in the grasp of this witch.

"Nice body you have here, Adella. I love how it feels; you should take much better care of it."

Qora's words echoed through her mind, giving Adella something scream against. "You Chaos whore! Release my body, now!"

"Now, now, I'm just going to help you through your denial. I went to all the trouble to making your darkest desires reality, the least you can do is learn to enjoy them."

The cuffs binding her hands were suddenly release and Adella found her eyes focusing upon Marie's tiny form. All at once everything made sense and she screamed within her mind, every curse, every prayer, and every word that came to mind to stop Qora. To eject her from her body and stop the coming horror. Her efforts only earned a mental chuckle from the witch as she moved her hands from behind her back, flexing them into fists and uncurling them slowly. This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be happening!

The tiny sister didn't know what hit her when Adella found her hand come down to bat her from her leg. Marie let out a surprised yelp as she was tossed to the ground between her thighs. Slowly Qora forced the Sister Superior to stand to her full height, stretched the body she controlled and moving it like it might have been her own body. Adella's hand was placed upon her hip and she stared down at the tiny being recovering before her. Mentally she shrieked for Marie to try and escape, to run as far as she could. Of course on the outside Qora forced her lips up into a smile. Words that were not her own left her lips.

"You really are pathetic Sister Marie. What use could the Emperor possibly have for a pathetic little insect like you? You probably couldn't even bruise my smallest toe if you tried." The words dripped with disdain.

Adella couldn't believe the words being forced from her lips. It was her voice certainly but she would never say such things. She strained against the psychic hooks in her mind, trying to remove them. She was forced to peer down at the tiny sister, her pretty face filled with shock and disbelief. Her gaze turned towards the witch and then back to the woman towering above her and she prayed the woman could put the two together. It was selfish but she just needed her sister to know it was not her in control.

You heretic witch! Release the Sister Superior!" The tiny woman screamed towards Qora, who merely smirked and tugged at Adella's body again.

He foot came up, heel still on the ground to cover Marie's tiny form in its shadow. Idly she moved her foot to ensure the sister was positioned under the shadow of her foot, her toes flexing and curling eagerly. Adella wanted to stop. She wanted to resist and stop her body from doing these things but found she couldn't. Qora's power was stronger than anything she had ever experienced and even with all of her faith she wasn't so much as impeding her. The tiny sister was forced to stare up at the sole of her foot as it was poised to come down.

Marie tried to run but Qora would have none of that as her foot came down, pinning the tiny sister between the flesh of Adella's sole and the cold and unyielding floor. The truly horrific thing was that Adella could feel her squirming, her writhing, and could still hear her tiny screams. That dark part of her mind felt a thrill of sheer power but for the most part there was only desperation as she tried to regain control of even the most basic aspects of her body. Qora beat her back again and again, forcing her to watch and experience this depravity. Again she spoke words that were not her own.

"Mmm... that feels good, sister. Right there is where you belong, squirming under my foot. You're less than human now, little better than a mutant. You should be grateful I'm letting you breathe the same air as me for even a moment longer." She sneered.

In her mind Qora spoke to her. "I know you are enjoying this. All it would take is a few more pounds of pressure and she'd be nothing more than a smear. Don't you love this power?"

If it were possible Adella might be in tears. "No I don't! Please, do whatever you want to me for slighting you but don't make me hurt her! Please, if there is anything remotely human left in you stop!" The Sister Superior begged, hating herself for it.

Another mental chuckle. "Oh? You are telling me you don't want me to make you do... this?"

Qora forced her to slightly increase the pressure upon Marie, whose struggles tickled at Adella's bare foot in a manner she would never admit to being pleasant. She felt as the tiny woman's legs creaked and heard her squeals for mercy. It didn't take long for the first crack as the pressure crushed the bones in the sister's right leg, the scream of agony it elicited utterly rending at Adella's soul. The next crack was worse somehow, as the tiny woman under her foot squirmed violently to try and escape the merciless flesh pressing down upon her, pounding over and over at the sole of her foot to try to get her to let up.

Adella suddenly found her foot removed from the tiny woman, her eyes forced to look upon Marie. Her legs were bent slightly at odd angles, ruined utterly and completely and her expression was a mask of pain. Adella heard a chuckle ripped from her lips as Qora moved her foot over her again, pressing her big toe against the tiny sister's chest. Marie pushed against the digit desperately, trying to escape further harm. She couldn't even imagine the amount of pain her sister was in. Again her voice was forced from her lips, sounding rather pleased.

"I like that look for you, insect. Like a tiny broken doll. Now lick my toe you worthless plaything before I decide to break the rest of your pathetic body."

Adella didn't hold it against Marie when she felt the tiny woman desperately lick at the digit pinning her. People would do a lot of things to escape further pain and considering her current situation few would resist. The little ministrations of her tongue were just barely felt but they made the Sister Superior feel absolutely wretched. She had reduced her sister to this state by not being able to throw Qora off. This was her failure. It sat bitterly in her stomach and was far stronger than any disgusting thrill she got from abusing her defenseless sister.

After a bit Qora let up and Marie promptly passed out from the pain. Adella looked upon the horror wrought by her body and felt sick to her stomach. Qora forced her to pick up the broken form of Marie and moved her feet back to the metal pole, where the cuffs around her ankles magnetized again. Adella was forced to her knees and only then did Qora give Adella her body back. The psychic hooks fled from her mind and she found she could finally move of her own accord.

The first thing she did was to cradle her sister's broken and battered body, her face a mask of the purest sorrow. She whispered bitter apologies to the unconscious woman, cursing her weakness as she held the woman to her cheek. Qora chuckled at the sight and Adella shot her a glare filled with the purest and most extreme hatred. With all of her soul she wanted Qora to die, not to be cleansed by fire but to face the worst tortures of the soul and body. She had never felt such venom towards any living being than she did towards Qora in that moment.

"You hate me now, Sister, but once you learn to let loose I'm certain you'll see just how pleasurable life can be when you give in to your darkest pleasures. You can go ahead a keep that broken toy. I'm certain she'll make for a lovely slave once she's good and broken in spirit." Qora said, her tone sickly sweet as she took the untouched tray of food and drink and departed.

Adella snarled at her departing form before returning her attention to Marie. Closer inspection of the tiny woman's legs was... not comforting. If they were to ever have any hope of being salvaged she'd need a splint, which Adella lacked the materials for. Her hair could serve to bind a splint up but nothing else was on hand. Which meant the legs might well heal by that point and would need to be rebroken and set properly if she ever got the chance. For the moment Adella let Marie rest and recover from her injuries, speaking a few prayers for her.

It wasn't overly long before the tiny sister returned to consciousness, alerting Adella immediately with a loud shriek of pain as she had tried to sit up. The Sister Superior noted her wide eyed terror as soon as she recognized she was resting in the hands of the same person that had abused her. The larger sister made gentle shushing sounds and avoided sudden movements, trying to keep Marie calm. She needed to convince her that she wasn't under Qora's control any longer.

"Sister, it's me. Please try and keep calm. I'm not going to hurt you, that was that witch doing everything!" She said.

"Calm!? M-my legs... I can't feel them! Oh Emperor, oh God-Emperor..." Marie sobbed.

"I know. Your legs are broken so try not to move too much." Adella said.

"I-I, you didn't even do much and they snapped... like twigs..."

"Shhh... stop talking about it. Lay back down and rest."

Marie looked up at the Sister Superior, anger upon her face. "Why didn't you stop her!? Why did you let her control you like that!? If you had pushed her out then I wouldn't... wouldn't..."

She trailed off and sobbed bitterly and Adella felt a lump rise in her throat at the sight of her crying into the flesh of her hand. The Sister Superior felt utterly helpless once more, not because she couldn't control her body but because she couldn't think of the proper words to console Marie with. Maybe there weren't any words she could say. As such she let Marie cry herself into exhaustion, taking any verbal anger thrown her way. She deserved it really, because she hadn't been strong enough to resist Qora.