- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Just a few shorts I pieced together. No GTS content but I figured I'd show a bit of consequences both of their lives might have for actually dating.

Velia checked the time on her phone. 8:33. Over half an hour late. The young woman frowned severely as the waiter passed her again with an almost pitying look on his face. She'd arrived at the Italian restaurant pretty early as she typically liked to do. Alatha was generally pretty good at arriving on time as well. As the minutes continued to tick on and she went through her second glass of sweet tea Velia was actually starting to get a bit annoyed. She checked her phone again. 8:35.

She tapped her heels on the floor in agitation as she slumped back in her chair. It wasn't her being late that annoyed her the most, it was the fact that the pyrokinetic wasn't calling or texting her with the reason. A simple text that said 'traffic' or something like that would do. Even after getting the number to her actual phone Velia still felt like the lines of communication were pretty bad between them. For the first few weeks of their affair it had been fine but they were going on just over two months now. Two months and common courtesies like forewarning were still not forthcoming from the villainess.

At 8:40 Velia locked her jaw as she stood and marched into the bathroom. A scowl was heavy upon her features as she clutched her phone tightly enough that it would probably crack with a little more effort. She was going to give the villainess a piece of her mind for this. She'd been holding it in for the past month now. Just because she had control in bed did not give her the right to treat her like this! The blonde stepped inside the bathroom and sat down in one of the stalls, slamming the bolt home with more force than necessary. She sat down, unconcerned with getting her nice cream colored dress filthy on the toilet seat.

After thumbing through her contacts for a while arrived at Alatha and pressed hard on the screen, holding the device up to her ear. It rang for a good while, showing her that her phone was clearly on. That thought just made her angrier. It was on and probably close at hand and not a peep was said going on to her being an hour late. After a good amount of time it stopped ringing and she heard the familiar voice of Alatha on the other end.

"Velia? Can this wait? I'm a little busy at the moment." She sounded rather short of breath and were those... gunshots she just heard?

The blonde's scowl deepened. "Its way past 8:00, where are you and what are you doing!?" She demanded.

Another series of gunshots followed in a pause before an answer came her way. "Shit, I knew I'd forgotten to call you about something. Fucking time zone change..."

A blink was drawn from that. Time zone change? "Alatha, where are you?"

A pregnant pause followed and a nervous laugh came soon after. "If I said Mexico, how pissed off would you be?"

Velia just about threw her phone against the door of her stall as anger mixed with incredulous shock. She barely even heard another series of gunshots over the phone. Of course there was also worry considering all the questions that gave rise to. Was she fleeing the U.S.? Who was shooting at her? Oh she was most certainly pissed and right now she didn't care if anyone was outside of the stall to hear her. Instead of committing violence upon her poor phone the blonde opted to yell at Alatha.

"Mexico!? What the fuck are you doing in Mexico!?"

"Ah, a job actually. I was supposed to be back in the States today but the job turned out to be a little more complicated than I thought." The villainess explained.

"What sort of job?" The heroine demanded.

"The illegal kind. Actually, funnily enough I'm right in the middle of a firefight, so if we could wrap this up..." Alatha said, sounding impatient.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Velia demanded.

"Velia, I really-."

The heroine cut her off. "Answer me right now, Alatha Dalal."

There was silence on the other end as a few gunshots went off. Then there was the sound of boots crunching against the ground, the panting indicating Alatha was running some place. Velia narrowed her eyes and tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for the noises to stop. She was having this out here and now, whatever criminal job Alatha was on be damned! After a little while there was just the panting on the other end. Velia was about to repeat her demand before Alatha's voice cut in.

"Look, I'm sorry, alright? Time kind of got away from me and I forgot to tell you."

"All you had to do was send me a text that said 'work, can't make it' and we could have worked on rescheduling later. We aren't just on some fling anymore so you should be able to talk to me and tell me these things. I mean, Jesus Christ, Alatha it's not that hard. I let you know when I'm going to be late." Velia said.

A sigh came from the other side. "Alright, alright. I get it. I'll try and let you know about things in advance. We can try next week. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

She still got the feeling that Alatha was brushing her off but then again she was being shot at. The young woman sighed and let her anger fizzle out a little. Maybe she was being a tad harsh but hopefully the other woman would finally keep in contact with her more closely. It was going to be fairly hard to forget the time her girlfriend called her because she was late to a dinner while being shot at in Mexico. Hopefully she'd recall the reason behind it.

"Alright. We'll try next week then. Try not to get shot." Velia said.

"Will do."

With that the call ended and Velia smacked her phone against her forehead softly. Well that wasn't irritating at all. The young woman stood and walked out of the bathroom and sighed as she figured there was another date to look forward to. Besides, if Alatha was going to try and make this up to her maybe she could work on her to try and get a little more size play into their scenarios. The thought brought a smile to her face for the first time that night.

______________________________________________________________________

A large metal fist collided with Velia's baton, jarring her arm to the point where she feared it was going to be ripped out of its socket. She jumped back just in time to avoid a round house kick that was certain to have broken a few bones if it had connected. A laugh followed her retreat, a grating metallic laugh that was certainly not a product of natural vocal cords. She stared back at her opponent, brushing a loose and sweaty bang of hair out from her eyes as she did so.

The figure standing in the middle of the street looked far more machine than man. Both arms were products of gleaming steel and the entire lower half of his face was dominated by twisting and intrusive machinery. The bald cyborg had a barrel chest and stood well over seven feet tall. His muscles rippled in the pale moonlight and the red lenses that had long replaced his eyes leered down at the petite blonde threateningly. The massive giant of a man chucked, barely having broken a sweat from the fight thus far.

"What's the matter, little insect, getting tired already?" He taunted as he gripped a nearby fire hydrant and tore it from the concrete pavement with frightening ease.

Velia saw the projectile coming and immediately shrunk, the massive thing whistling by overhead. She grew and tossed a pair of black balls towards the cyborg, the objects exploding in a cloud of black mist. With that the heroine ducked into a nearby alley and took cover behind a dumpster. Ivan Sotrinisky. Russian science experiment to create a Super. It worked all too well unfortunately for the scientists and pretty much every place the bastard ended up. The heroine hated fighting the big man more than probably any other villain. He was like a tank on legs!

The dumpster lurched and she dared to look up to find that he'd lifted the thing above his head, casting a long shadow down the darkened alleyway. He slammed the metal container down, Velia just barely managing to shrink herself and dive between his legs. Again she willed herself to grow and this time ran back out into the street, heading down the opposite alleyway. Running from a fight was not typically her style but she needed to give the trump card she had on her belt time to charge.

The loud thumping steps of his combat boots followed her, a deliberately slow pace being kept up. It was at that moment that her phone started buzzing at her belt. She ignored it the first time and let it ring itself out, having more important things to worry about at the moment. The heroine turned a corner and ran into the back door of and apartment building. She slammed the door behind her and shoved whatever she could find up against it. It likely wouldn't hold him for long but she just needed a little more time...

Again her phone started buzzing. Velia glared at the thing as she ran towards the lobby of the building, ducking behind the main desk as she signaled for anyone inside to run. The leather clad heroine looked at her phone and blinked at the name on the screen. Alatha? What the hell could Alatha possible want right now? She heard pounding near the back room but she figured now as good at time as any to tell Alatha what a bad time this was. She accepted the call.

"Alatha, listen, I'm a little busy right now!" She said, looking up over the lobby desk to ensure her opponent wasn't inside just yet.

"Busy with what? I've been waiting here for like an hour." Was the rather irritated response.

Velia blinked and started counting off the days in her head. A sinking feeling came over her as she swallowed hard. Tonight was when they agreed upon meeting up at the same place as last week so Alatha could make up her debacle with the Mexico thing. They had agreed upon 8:00. Taking a quick look at her phone the young woman noted that it was now 9:05. The young woman felt like slamming her head against the nearest wall. Suddenly a crash was audible from the back room.

"Uh... what was that?" Alatha asked.

Velia ran back out into the street and ducked behind a parked car on the opposite side of the road, hearing more than a bit of property damage from inside the apartment. "Umm... work. Listen I completely forgot to tell you I was going out to deal with this problem over here."

There was a pregnant pause on the other side of the line. Velia knew what was coming before the words were even out of Alatha's mouth. After how she had torn into the pyrokinetic last week it was not something the woman was likely to pass up. Judging by how Ivan was taking his time with wrecking the front lobby she unfortunately had time to hear it. The smirk that was no doubt on the villainess' face was audible over the phone.

"Well, well, well, what were we talking about last week? I think you were yelling at me about, oh, what was it?" She pondered.

"Alatha, please, now is really not-."

"Oh that's right. Something about forewarnings if you were going to be late or miss something? Also about how you always give ample warning ahead of time. Hypocrisy, thy name is Velia." Alatha continued regardless.

Another loud crash signaled that the front door to the apartment building had just been demolished. "Come out, you cowardly insect! Fight me!"

"Wait, was that Ivan?"

Velia gritted her teeth. "Yes, yes it was. Look, I'm sorry about not telling you and maybe being a tad... harsh last week. However I really need to take care of this. Can we try next week?"

Alatha let out a chuckle. "Alright, no problem. We'll make this whole thing up to each other next week. Try not to get crushed, Bug. That's my job."

An involuntary shiver coursed its way down Velia's spine at those parting words. She would be more than happy to have Alatha crush her any day of the week. The heroine ended the call before hearing a little beep at her belt. Well it looked like she could start to actually make a bit of progress in fighting the tank currently smashing into cars across the street. The young woman stood out from behind her cover and removed a small circular device from her belt, running towards the towering mammoth.

"Hey, Ivan, think fast!"

She tossed the device at the confused looking man and Frank's newest contraption clinked onto one of his arms. Immediately it took effect, discharging its load into the arm and rendering it a limp and useless weight dangling at his side. Hefting her baton once more Velia smirked, wiping the sweat from her brow. Oh the feeling of progress...

__________________________________________________________________

Sitting across from her at the moment was possibly the most beautiful woman in the whole world. Well, at least in her mind. Velia poked at her lasagna as she listened to Alatha regale her about the job that had taken her down to Mexico. Apparently she'd been hired by some gang to take down a drug kingpin. Not exactly heroic but at least she'd been taking down someone doing something illegal for once. Mostly though it felt good to just be sitting with the woman once again, just eating dinner and talking.

"...So then I walk into the mansion, tossing fire here and there while I looked for the bastard. I looked in the office, wasn't there. I looked in the bedroom, wasn't there. Finally I was really itching for a piss so I opted to use the bathroom. Lo and behold guess who was hiding out there with his pants around his ankles?" The woman said, chuckling as she plopped a meatball into her mouth.

Velia giggled as she imagined the look on the man's face when the pyrokinetic entered the bathroom. It was a rather amusing way to end an action packed adventure of violence and mayhem. She hadn't ever done anything like that, though then again she didn't do mercenary work. Maybe it might be something to consider, assuming it wasn't anything too morally wrong that needed doing. It certainly sounded like it paid well enough. In any event the size changer reached for her drink and jolted when Alatha's hand found her own.

The heroine smiled at the other woman and rubbed her thumb against the top of her hand. After a couple of crazy weeks apart this felt good. She could only imagine what fun the night was going to bring in the care of Lady Dalal. The dark and smoldering eyes across from her promised pleasure and pain in equal regard, just how she liked it. Her own eyes flicked to the necklace Alatha wore, the memories of their first time washing back over her.

"Well, I'm glad you are back safe and sound. Let's try and make up for lost time tonight, eh?" Velia said.

"Oh, my little Bug, I have such wonders planned for you tonight. I don't think you'll be sitting comfortably for a few days." Alatha purred.

A flush came over Velia's cheeks as she suddenly grew very interested in the contents of her plate. She nibbled at her quickly cooling food, finding it quite good though really that was no longer what she was hungry for. The size changer desired to be under the heel of this amazing woman once more, to drink in her scent and give herself over to her control. To feel her wrists bound together and the crop upon her back again. Perhaps even spending a bit of time in her shoes, trapped between leather and soft and sweaty flesh.

Her daydreams were unfortunately brought screeching to a halt as a car was sent smashing through the front of the restaurant. The vehicle embedded itself into the side of the establishment, killing no one but certainly ruining more than a few people's dinners. Velia's eyes followed the path of destruction towards the street beyond and found a figure of gleaming metal standing just outside. The assassination robot simply known as R Mark.VI stared at both heroine and villainess with green lenses instead of eyes.

"Alatha Dalal. This unit has been sent to eliminate you. Do not resist and you will be killed quickly." It grated out.

Alatha sat still for a moment, her expression darkening as the fellow villainous being stated its purpose for being her. The air around her started to heat up exponentially and her skin started to glow orange in warning. Velia wisely took a step back from the increasingly enraged villainess, as did any civilian with any sense of self preservation. The pyrokinetic stood and faced the artificial assassin, her eyes narrowing dangerously. Her hands were clenched into fists and her clothes started to burst into flames due to not being her normal heat resistant attire.

"You just interrupted my date, you tin can bullet dispenser! I'm going to sent you back to your creator as a mound of melted scrap!" She roared.

A hail of bullets was the machine's response, the metal melting long before it even touched the woman. The heat coming off of the enraged woman was more oppressive than Velia could ever recall it being. Indeed a number of tables around the woman caught fire and the heroine winced. She got the feeling that neither of them would be exactly welcome here after this little incident. She also got the feeling a certain mad scientist was about to be out one assassination unit after this was said and done.

Her feeling turned out to be accurate as the pyrokinetic quickly closed the distance between her and the robot, laying into the thing with blazing fists. Bits of metal flew away from the fight and the pavement beneath Alatha's feet turned to molten liquid. Car paint started to weep from the vehicles as the villainess' rage blazed full force. Velia winced as she watched the 'fight' and realized how very grateful she was that she had never pissed off Alatha this much. She also made a note to avoid doing so when she was immediately nearby.

The villainess certainly fulfilled her promise to the assassin and then some. It wasn't even recognizable by the time she finished with it, the woman standing over the melted remains breathing quite heavily. Velia walked as close to the slowly cooling woman as she could without fear of catching on fire. She cleared her throat loudly and blushed slightly as her companion turned to face her.

"Umm... Alatha... your clothes." She managed to get out.

The heat had indeed served not just to deal with her opponent and cause quite a bit of property damage but had also destroyed her clothes. She was standing naked in the hot night air. Some particularly brave individuals had their phones out and recording. A flush fell over the woman's cheeks as she hurriedly covered herself up, looking fit to die of embarrassment. Not a look she usually associated with the cocky and collected pyrokinetic.

Sirens were sounding in the distance, which both women took note of. "And that's my cue to get the fuck out of here. Let's skip the food next week, alright Lia?" Alatha managed to get out as she rushed to where she parked her car.

Velia couldn't help herself, she laughed as she watched the woman rush to her car. She was going to have the image of her big bouncing breasts stuck in her brain for quite a while to come most likely. Certainly she was disappointed that yet another date ended in a less than stellar fashion and that their fun would need to wait again, however the sight of her actually looking flustered by something was more than worth it. No doubt Alatha had heard her laughter and would take pleasure in paying her back for it next week. Velia certainly looked forward to it.