- Text Size +

Seventeen days now. Seventeen days in isolation in the cells beneath the Grand Spire. It wasn't an odd punishment for Apprentices who displeased their Masters. The mages of the Grand Spire tended to police themselves as opposed to answering to Elsira at large. The Dungeons tended to find a frequent guest in Lilisila however. She could say that this was most her longest by two days and that it was up there in terms of being the worst. That was saying quite a bit considering what hell she had experienced in this place.

Lilisila sat cross legged upon her mat, eyes closed to the dark cell around her. She breathed in through her nose and out through her mouth. This cycle of breathing calmed the buzz going through her skull from her isolation, providing something to focus upon besides counting stones or years of her life. More than that it calmed the storm brewing below her skin, taking the edge off of her powers. Her veins beneath her right arm shifted and slithered beneath her skin, dancing rhythmically like snakes.

A cough sounded out from across the cell. Her eyes opened and the slithering halted as the green orbs fell upon the only other occupant of the cell. On the other side of the cell huddled a tiny and dirty form, staring wide eyed at Lilisila. Most likely she was staring at her half shifted and rather monstrous hand. Black talons sprouted where nails had once existed, long and gnarled fingers twisted at unnatural angles with joints not normal in a hand. She allowed a tiny ghost of a smirk to adorn her face at the reaction.

"Elder magic is not pretty, is it human?" She said, smirking.

The sound of her voice startled the tiny human who turned her eyes towards her legs, averting her gaze from the massive creature. Lilisila shook her head slightly, willing her arm to slowly revert to its normal flesh and blood nature. Bones popped and flesh twisted like it was a liquid rather than a natural solid. Dark talons shrank and reverted to long and dirt encrusted fingernails. With that done she flexed her fingers, sighing in pleasure as her body was returned to its natural state.

Her... companion had run to the other side of the cell as soon as she had gotten the chance. Out of some sense of pity Lilisila had been leaving bits of her meal and water out for her, so she hadn't deteriorated. The fact that she hadn't gotten sick from her licking at filth and dirt was a testament to how hardy she was. It was impressive really. A highly valued quality in humans given what most elves could do to them.

Still, talking to her was better than talking to herself. "It is an unfortunate part of the magic. Few aspects of it are aesthetically pleasing. My daughter is one of the few that possesses mastery over one that is."

"Hmm... stay right there. Don't move." Lilisila said, standing up and moving towards her fellow cellmate.

The frightened little brown haired woman looked like she was considering fleeing the second Lilisila stood. Indeed, the moment the elf set one foot down in a movement in her direction she did just that. Her tiny little legs scampered as fast as they could along the wall, stepping over cracks and through puddles of filthy water. Lilisila snorted at the futile gesture, slightly adjusting her course to intercept her. Her steps created tiny ripples in the puddles of water, unnoticeable to her but no doubt only adding to the terror of her cellmate. To her, Lilisila wasn't so much another person as much as a monolithic titan. One that could casually pop her under one dirty toe.

Such movements were out of fear no doubt more than an expectation that she could escape. After all, what did one do but flee in the face of such a creature lumbering towards them? The elf set her bare foot down before the fleeing human with a loud slap, the sudden movement paralyzing the human with fear. A faint squeak was the only audible sound Lilisila's keen eyes could make out from her. She reached down quickly and managed to grip the human between her fingers, lumbering back towards her mat with her prize in tow.

Now it was much easier to make out the human's voice. "Put me down! Please, don't eat me! Please, please, I'm begging you anything but that! Oh gods please no!"

It was always the same with humans that could actually speak. The begging was one reason her daughter enjoyed captured humans over bred ones, it was so much more 'fun' to crush their spirits. Lilisila knew what it was like to beg in vain so she possessed some kernel of sympathy in her cold heart for the human in her fingers. She sat down upon the mat, crossing her legs and allowing the brown haired woman to slip down into the palm of her hand. Her eyes stared dispassionately down at the naked form trying to get its bearings upon the surface of her hand.

She was in her early twenties by the looks of her and her form was certainly something to be envious of. Were she not dirty and so miserable looking perhaps she might even be called pretty. Then again Lilisila had very little room to speak. The elf's gaze did not go unnoticed for long and, with a squeak of surprise, the human covered herself up as best she could. Her right arm flew across her ample breasts and she sat and crossed her legs to make herself somewhat decent. Well, more so than if everything was hanging right out.

Lilisila chuckled. "Most humans are naked in Elsira, minus the odd mage or favored pet of a noble."

With some amusement she noted the woman made no attempt to surrender that bit of dignity. She certainly had spine. Perhaps stupidity. The two often mixed together in Lilisila's opinion.

"Suit yourself, human. What is your name?"

The question seemed to surprise the little woman, her gaze becoming more wary than it was frightened for a moment. "A-Are you going to eat me?"

A snort escaped the elf. "No. You look entirely unappetizing. I would also then be out the only possible source of conversation aside from myself. Then where would I be at?"

The woman said nothing for the longest time, likely searching for some trick in her words. Considering she had been bought and likely toyed with by Alicia such a response was not entirely unwarranted. Unlike most elves, Lilisila patiently waited for the human to make up her mind. Certainly tormenting her could past the time as much as talking to her would but Lilisila felt like speaking to a... relative equal. At another time it would have been insulting to be compared to a human, now however she knew well the slave's life.

"Gloria."

Lilisila sighed and set her head back against the wall, staring down at Gloria. "Pleased to meet you, Gloria. I am Lilisila Tylsiva. Lili will do."

The elf extended the pinky finger of her free hand down towards Gloria, causing the human to nearly fall over herself. The digit hovered near her for a bit until the message sank in well enough for her. Timidly the human extended a hand to the digit, placing her tiny fingers upon the nail. With that ridiculous looking formality out of the way Lilisila moved her pinky away and gave Gloria back her space.

"How were you captured, Gloria?" The elf asked calmly.

The human winced, as though even recalling the memory was painful. "M-My village was attacked by elves and me and my Ma were taken captive. T-They d-did something, some magic to make us like this. I-I don't know where they took my mother, do you, maybe...?"

Lilisila closed her eyes. "She was probably sold to a pet shop, a breeding house, or an establishment that specializes in human based dishes." She said.

"Y-You mean she could have been eaten!?" Gloria cried, despair thick in her voice.

"Yes, very likely in fact. Sitria Soup, for instance, calls for ground and peppered humans upon the dish. Quite expensive and usually enjoyed by more well off elves." Lilisila answered, not an ounce of humor in her voice.

The woman looked stricken at that revelation. Perhaps she had thought she and Alicia isolated and extreme examples. Lilisila knew quite well that Alicia was particularly voracious, stuffing her freckled cheeks with as many squirming treats as she could and she was hardly unusual. The breeding facilities kept the population high enough to where it was rather easy to sustain a large population. Most humans tended to react as Gloria did when they found out their most popular use.

"You are one of the more fortunate ones honestly." Lilisila commented with a shrug.

Gloria looked at the giant elf as though she were crazy. "Fortunate? I watched that-that monster eat someone and then you almost ate me after I had to lick the dirt from your feet! How the fuck is that fortunate!?" She screamed.

A shrug was the elf's immediate answer. "You weren't eaten and you aren't about to be killed immediately."

The human blinked. "Y-You mean I'm going to be your slave then?"

Another shrug. "Maybe. I don't eat or kill mine with the relish my daughter displays."

"I feel so much better."

Lilisila actually chuckled at that. "You are fortunate I'm as low and insignificant as you in the eyes of most, otherwise you'd be a red stain in the hands of most elves for that lip."

Silence reigned in the air of the cell for the longest time. Gloria seemed content to study her much larger cellmate and Lilisila simply closed her eyes. It felt comforting to actually have a conversation partner in her isolation. Admittedly she was human but beggars could not be choosers. Her lip was amusing and at least she wasn't a whimpering wreck, pissing herself at the sight of the elf.

"Are you a slave?" The human asked carefully.

Lilisila chuckled. "Technically no, though in practice most certainly. Officially I am my daughter's Master Apprentice, her right hand. However all that amounts to is being her glorified slave."

"But you're her mother." The human stated, clearly confused.

"Yes. Yes I am." Lilisila stated, a sigh escaping her as she clearly desired to sever that thread of conversation.

Gloria caught the hint and shifted the conversation towards another subject. "So, I'll be your slave. What does that mean?"

The elf actually thought about that for a moment. "I might opt to wear you. You look like you'd fit well on a good necklace or bracelet. Not exactly stressful, you'd just have to look pretty."

Lilisila pondered what piece she'd best fit with. Brown hair, pale skin, rather appealing form. Hmm... the pearl encrusted silver bracelet her daughter picked out for her a few months back seemed a good idea. It was still unadorned by a human and had a slot designed for a human female. If she wanted to set herself back in Alicia's good graces wearing it might help. Of course she'd need to clean Gloria up a bit. She was just a little skinny so it might avail her to plump her up just a bit as well. The elf imagined the tiny human set upon the bracelet just so and nodded to herself. A fine addition to her attire really, she would really complete the item.

Gloria's face paled at that, tears rising in her eyes. "W-Wait, can't you just let me go back home? Please, if you're a slave then you have to know how scary it is!"

A shrug was Lilisila's answer. "Your home is gone and soon enough I suspect the homes of all humans will be gone. So your choices are food, breeding, pet, or jewelry. I could always squish you if you want it over quickly."

The look upon the human's face was one who had just had their whole world destroyed. "I-Its not fair! I had a family! A life! You all took it from me!" She cried, tears spilling down her face as she pounded her fist against Lilisila's palm over and over.

There was very little the elf could say to that. Instead she stared coolly at the woman as she screamed and cried out her anguish. Alicia probably would have driven the knife home with glee but Lilisila simply laid everything out as it was. Aside from the odd human mage, most humans weren't exactly drowning in options for life in Elsira. Honestly the elf wouldn't fault Gloria for asking for a quick out, though being out a conversation partner wouldn't be good. She would take her life if asked however.

The human curled up and continued to weep, spilling her sorrow out on Lilisila's hand. With a sigh the elf lifted her pinky and started slowly stroking along Gloria's back, the woman stiffening briefly at the contact. She relaxed and let the woman continue to lightly stroke at her back, her sobs growing more and more quiet. Lilisila started humming a low tune, a lyrical and soothing sound that echoed through the cell. The tune was mired in bittersweet memories of Alicia's earlier years. For now though it seemed to give Gloria some peace of mind, quieting her sobs.

For the longest time Lilisila was content to stay like this, gently stroking at the human as she hummed away. She wasn't even sure why the urge had risen in her. Gloria was a human after all. Getting attached to her was folly. Still, she was younger and she looked so lost. Perhaps it was some misguided maternal instinct to protect something small and helpless. Or perhaps it was practical to keep Gloria's mental state intact as she was the only other occupant of the cell. Whatever the case was the elf continued for a bit, until Gloria sat up on her knees.

"T-Thank you. Sorry about that, must have looked really pathetic. A grown woman crying like that." She said with a sniffle.

Lilisila shrugged. "I just told you that your race commonly garnishes dishes and suggested making you into jewelry. If you didn't feel distressed at that I might have been worried."

The tiny woman managed a wan smile at that. "Yeah, right. You could use some work breaking that news to people."

"I'll be sure to practice delivering world shattering news to people on a more regular basis." The elf deadpanned.

Gloria actually managed a chuckle at that, putting Lilisila slightly at ease as conversation seemed to be back on track. She didn't know how long she'd be stuck in here given how displeased her daughter was at her failure. She noticed Gloria hadn't mentioned how she had been prepared to eat her for a way out. The elf knew in the back of her mind that if Alicia asked her to finish of Gloria to escape this cell there was no question the human would be eaten. It was a thought that soured her mood slightly as she knew well how much of a coward she really was.