- Text Size +

You know you made a mistake when you get that awful gut feeling that you had when you were a kid.  That feeling where you did something really bad and your parents were going to kill you for it.  That’s what I felt at that moment and the way her voice sounded so stern when she said I wouldn’t be leaving made me realize I’d made a horrible mistake in demanding to be taken away from there.  Any logical person could know it was bad beforehand.  You don’t demand that your kidnapper return you from where they kidnapped you from, especially not a kidnapper that was a lot stronger than you.  But I didn’t think about it at all before I blurted it out of my miniature mouth. 

“W-what?”

It’s all I could ask at the time.  I wanted to know more information.  My instincts did, anyways.  It was clearly obvious at the time, but I just had to ask to make her explain my situation to me.  Yes, I knew I’d been kidnapped.  I knew that she made me smaller.  And I knew that I wasn’t going anywhere.  But the surging emotions in me just had to ask.  And in response, she scooted towards me, looking just a little bit down at me from her sitting position, with a smile on her face.  As she began to speak, she brushed back my hair with her hand, sending chills down my spine. 

“You don’t have to go anywhere anymore, little one.  You don’t need a job.  You don’t need to go out to get food.  You don’t even need to do laundry or cleaning anymore.  I will take care of our every need.  You can depend on me.  So, as long as I’m around, you don’t ever have to go into the outside world.  And neither do I.  We’ll be here, happy together.  Forever.”

The way she was touching me and talking to me.  As I think about it now, it could have been a dream come true.  Imagine that you are taken out of your life full of responsibilities and have this tall, beautiful, maternal woman there with you, vowing to take care of your every need.  Some people would kill for a situation like this.  At one point of my life, I probably would have jumped into the situation and loved every bit of it.  But that wasn’t me anymore, and I was far too scared by how Hiroshi sounded to be comforted by her warm touch and heavenly promises. 

I reached up to move her hand away, but every time my hand moved, hers got gentler across my hair.  Her gentle brushing movements weren’t just gentle.  They were soothing, comforting, relaxing.  My brain and body were in two different mindsets.  My brain was telling me this was a bad situation.  But the way she touched my hair made my body start to relax and be comforted.  Her touch was so comforting that part of me just wanted to stop and jump into her arms and allow this to happen.  To allow my life to be given to this crazy situation. 

“This…isn’t right….”

The words I muttered just barely came out as my brain started winning the inner battle, despite her soft and comforting touch.  My mind always went back to what I had before.  My life had been empty of anyone until Rebecca came into my life, and I had her.  Small or not, I had someone I needed to go back to.  For her sake, I had to keep fighting this.  She would be terrified at seeing me like this, but…it would be better than never seeing me again at all.  Who knows what me completely disappearing would do to someone as close as she was. 

“Yes it is.  It is right.  I knew it from the first I saw you.  And from the moment I held you in my arms on the way here.  Everything is as it should be.  Now shhh and let me take care of and decide everything.”

She could tell I was resisting, because her comforting touches were intensifying.  I left the ground again and was smothered right into her chest in a tight hug.  My face was planted and rubbing right against one of her breasts and one of her hands pushed the back of my head into it while the other was slowly stroking down my back.  My face couldn’t help but blush deep red as this happened.  She was surrounding me with her warmth and was showering me with gentle affection.  I didn’t know how much longer I could resist this before my brain lost the fight. 

Thankfully, I wasn’t entrapped in her arms for long.  After she began hugging me, she stood up and began walking, somewhere.  As I clung to her, knowing full-well how high up I was, I waited until we got wherever she was trying to take me.  When it came to heights, it didn’t matter if it was a bad situation.  I was terrified of falling and I would cling as closely to her as I could to keep myself from doing so.  Eventually, I was let go.  Set down on the same futon that I woke up on, in that narrow room. 

“You just need to rest and take everything in.  I’ll be back in a little bit to see you, okay?”

After that, she walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.  I sat there for a few minutes, trying to shake off all of the affection she had forced on me.  My will against such tender care was weak thanks to my past of being alone for the majority of my life.  But my will of returning to Rebecca wasn’t.  The more the warmth faded from my body, the more I thought about what I could do next.  I had to do something.  Right?

After some time, I got the courage to stand on my own and walk around the room.  My main idea was the door, nostalgic with my own thinking before I realized I wasn’t alone here.  Do I leave and try to wander and get out of here, wherever here is?  Or do I wait and see what happens?  Only now I knew that staying wasn’t going to accomplish anything.  Hiroshi was here and she seemed set on making sure we both stayed here forever.  So I decided to take the riskier choice.

I got up and slowly walked over to the door.  It was probably three times my height, almost.  The doorknob was above my head, but still within my reach.  I got up on my tip-toes to try to put my hands around it.  I struggled for a while, just barely getting up to it.  I had to look around the room and stand on some rolled up cloth in the room to finally reach it.  With sweat dripping down my face, I finally got a grip on it.  And as I turned it, it barely moved and clicked. 

My hopes were then lost as I tried again and again.  She locked me in this room…