- Text Size +

“So how long has it been?”

The feminine words of the well-dressed woman sitting across from Rebecca had always had a firm, yet gentle tone to them.  She’d been sitting in her office, listening to Rebecca tell her story for over an hour now.  At this point, Rebecca’s voice was starting to get raspy was speaking so much and so rapidly.  The woman was her boss, her supervisor.  As she adjusted her glasses, she just stared at Rebecca and reached her hand out, pressing it onto her to try to give her some comfort. 

“It’s been several days now, I think.  I don’t know anymore.  Maybe it’s only been a few, but it feels like it’s been forever…”

Rebecca keeps talked, despite constant strain in her voice and slight burning in her neck.  Her stress level was clearly shown on her face as sweat dripped down every second.  Not only that, but she looked like a mess.  She had put on no makeup that day and barely brushed her hair straight, as much as she tried to keep adjusting it while in that office.  Everyone in that room could tell she wasn’t doing well, and she’d been that way for a couple days now. 

“Well, Rebecca.  He didn’t come home.  Maybe several days ago.  Maybe a few days ago.  Have you thought about making calls?  Maybe someone at his work knows what happened, or maybe a family member?”

Rebecca understood when she said that.  As she cycled her thoughts, she realized how out of mind she was.  Of course she had contacted my workplace, but hadn’t even begun to think about other family members.  She didn’t want to, either.  She was my lover, after all and she knew that I would always go to her before any other member of my family.  I trusted her much more than anyone else on the planet.  I would never go anywhere without telling her first.  And that fact scared her more than anything.  She was very dependent, just as I was.  That’s one thing that attracted us when we first met.  We constantly depended on one another and weren’t very okay whenever one of us wasn’t around for a while.

“I…you’re right.  I’ll go there and ask them”

She wasn’t very excited about what she had to decide.  If I were in her position, I would be the same way.  If she disappeared for even a day or two, I’d be really worried.  Both about where she was and why she didn’t come home.  But that was the decision she made at that moment.  She was afraid, but she would later go to my workplace to find out what was going on.  All the while, not realizing that she wouldn’t find me there because I was somewhere else entirely. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Some time passed after I had questioned the odd vibrations in the floor.  I was really tired from everything and I had fallen asleep with laying against her leg.  The last thing I remembered before falling asleep was just laying against her and seeing her smile down at me.  She had asked me to exercise, but really, all I wanted to do was fall asleep.  And that is exactly what ended up happening.  Some time passed before I woke up, but I wasn’t on the floor anymore.  As I pulled myself up, letting out an ear-plugging yawn, my legs were dangling a little bit.  I was in Hiroshi’s hand and my legs were dangling off the edging between her thumb and pointer finger. 

That didn’t last, though.  I pulled my legs up away from dangling so I could sit in her hand.  Her hand was slightly cupped, so I quickly and easily wrapped my hands around a couple of her fingers for something to hang onto.  I looked up to her face, but she wasn’t looking towards me.  Her face was looking down, towards something else.  I blinked and stared at her for a moment.  Surely she could feel me moving on her hand, so why didn’t she glance over? 

“And we’ll fix this so I never have to…oh!  You’re awake, little one”

She was mumbling to herself and eventually looked over at me.  Right after she looked over, she started moving her other hand around.  I couldn’t see what she was doing, because I was so high up and there was so much in the way.  It moved around behind her, I think, and then it came back.  I always wondered what she did.  In that half-asleep state, I was really curious and not really thinking about my situation of being doll-sized.  But I didn’t see it.  She just turned her face and offered me a big smile. 

She asked me how I slept and carefully walked into another room, leaving that room and whatever she was doing behind.  I wouldn’t be getting an answer anytime soon.  It was just a good thing I never asked her what she was doing, as I wouldn’t have liked the answer.  Now that I know now, I’m glad I never asked.  She wouldn’t have liked it, and the last time I did something she didn’t like, I got punished for it.   Definitely didn’t need that, at that point, after she’d gotten so kind and gentle with me. 

We came to another room.  It’s one I hadn’t been in before.  It still had a Japanese theme to it, but it was very small and all it really had in it was a computer desk.  It wasn’t an expansive desk, but it was a simple desk.  There wasn’t anything on it, though.  It was almost like a flat table, but with a couple levels on it.  Before long, I was placed on that table/desk.  Hiroshi then sat in a chair in front of it and crossed her legs, looking over at me.  Her smile went for a bit of a smirk, as if she was trying to look attractive before me.  Maybe she was.  She wanted me to be okay with things and attraction was definitely something she seemed to have for me.  A crazy and psychotic kind, but attraction, nonetheless. 

“So, my little one.  We should talk a little more about what we’re going to do from now on.  Since you’ll be living with me and you weren’t supposed to be this small.”

This was going to be a serious discussion, I knew.  I nodded to her.  It didn’t do me much good now, but it was a little comforting that she didn’t originally plan on keep making me smaller.  Maybe that could make sure I don’t have it happen again.  Not long after, Hiroshi pulled out a notepad and a pen from one of the shelves below me.  The moving of the shelf made the desk move around, but I miraculously managed to keep my balance. 

“Okay, now let’s get started on what you need, hm?  I want to accommodate you as best I can, since you’re going to be staying here with me.”